'Fighter' extra hails from Lowell

Full story: Lowell Sun 104
Chanty Sok hadn't acted since she was in a middle-school play. But that didn't stop the 26-year-old from landing a supporting role in The Fighter -- a film many critics are hailing as Oscar-worthy. Sok plays Karen, the girlfriend of Dicky Eklund -- Micky Ward's half-brother and a former pro boxer-turned-crack-addict. Sok was reading The Sun when ... Read more
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Featured actress

Haverhill, MA

#1 Dec 12, 2010
I saw the movie... she was a featured character... And helped sell he story line, Don't want to give it away...
lowellsun screwing up stories once again...Should be FEAURED ACTRESS HAILS FROM LOWELL..... can't even give a local girl the credit she deserves in her home town paper?
Blah

Lowell, MA

#2 Dec 12, 2010
Don't quit your day job, girlfriend.
buckles

Lowell, MA

#3 Dec 13, 2010
looks good to me !
Brady Fan

United States

#4 Dec 13, 2010
I saw the movie, she's an extra that got to spoke two lines. Wasn't even good at all, anybody could of played that role. The camera moves fast on her while focusing primarily on Christian Bale. Extra, Extra read all about it.
Ron

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 Dec 13, 2010
She is hot though.
dropout English

Lowell, MA

#7 Dec 13, 2010
Brady Fan wrote:
I saw the movie, she's an extra that got to spoke two lines. Wasn't even good at all, anybody could of played that role. The camera moves fast on her while focusing primarily on Christian Bale. Extra, Extra read all about it.
speak two lines

could have played that role

Call me the grammar police all you want, but you're dumb. Seems as though you would not have qualified for that role, male or female. lol
Brady Fan

United States

#8 Dec 13, 2010
Hey Grammer police, go teach english comp. Teachers are needed. Oh I forgot you don't qaulify, that's why your here.
Nutz

Lynn, MA

#9 Dec 13, 2010
she think shes a super star now hahahaha
Weak

Lowell, MA

#10 Dec 13, 2010
Karen was a weak roll. They should of had Karen spoke broken English...we're talking late 80s and early 90s now. Hollywood didn't get it right with this.

Yuck

Lowell, MA

#11 Dec 13, 2010
Weak wrote:
Karen was a weak roll. They should of had Karen spoke broken English...we're talking late 80s and early 90s now. Hollywood didn't get it right with this.
The Khmer speaking lines were horrible, too. Especially by the male.
xsd

Danvers, MA

#12 Dec 13, 2010
have you seen some of the other girls in lowell? she's doing pretty good compared to others...
Ronnie

Chelmsford, MA

#13 Dec 13, 2010
Bad choice for the role....who would believe she was from Lowell...she had all her teeth!
stfu

Haverhill, MA

#14 Dec 13, 2010
All of you haters blogging talking like you could've done what she did. Just shut up!!!! If you don't like don't watch it. Keep in mind IT"S A MOVIE!! Jackasses!!!
MEE

Lowell, MA

#15 Dec 13, 2010
stfu wrote:
All of you haters blogging talking like you could've done what she did. Just shut up!!!! If you don't like don't watch it. Keep in mind IT"S A MOVIE!! Jackasses!!!
I come to USA one year ago. I do better than she. Hehehe

“Do I care? NO!”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell, MA

#16 Dec 13, 2010
Ah lots of jealous people on here today. At least she's doing something with her life. There are so many people sitting around doing nothing. Especially around lowell lol. Oh well.
FOB

United States

#17 Dec 13, 2010

This is a blog. We are entitled to our opinion and free to judge. From what I seen in the movie, MEE could of done a better job. Why did they choose this girl out of all the many girls in Lowell? I give her a 2 out of a 10 for just being there.
Featured actress

Haverhill, MA

#18 Dec 13, 2010
BLAH!!
NEXT

Lowell, MA

#19 Dec 13, 2010
NEXT, PLEASE.
Nutz

Lynn, MA

#20 Dec 13, 2010
she think shes angelina jolie hahaaaha thankz to all my fan hahah thankz to dese nutz lol
MEE

Lowell, MA

#21 Dec 13, 2010
I thank you a lot.
FOB wrote:
This is a blog. We are entitled to our opinion and free to judge. From what I seen in the movie, MEE could of done a better job. Why did they choose this girl out of all the many girls in Lowell? I give her a 2 out of a 10 for just being there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Fighter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wahlberg Wants Conviction Tossed Jan '15 Taajsgpm 11
News DOCUMENT: Hollywood Power In Bizarre Transgende... Dec '14 TerryE 1
News Show & Tell | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '10) Jun '14 Kim 29
News Mark Wahlberg heading Down Under to promote Tra... (May '14) May '14 Tony Pritchard 1
News Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Mark Wahlberg motivated by double duty as actor... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Donkey Estonkey 1
More from around the web