Once hot Massachusetts movie industry...

Once hot Massachusetts movie industry cooling off

There are 3 comments on the Boston Herald story from Dec 23, 2010, titled Once hot Massachusetts movie industry cooling off. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

In the 2009 fiscal year, the movie industry applied for up to $130 million in tax credits, according to estimates by the state Department of Revenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

RevBawneyFwankfo oter

Northampton, MA

#1 Dec 25, 2010
Way two go Governor!
Elizabeth

Manchester, MA

#2 Dec 26, 2010
The Movie industry has an unlimited potential to bring millions of dollars and hundreds of jobs into this state and Deval goes and messes with it. He obviously hasn't got a clue. Nor does he have the state's best interests in mind.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Dec 27, 2010
This is a tough one. The jobs are short lived and the tax breaks are phenomenal. I wonder how much it costs in commerce to film a movie in this state. Major roads are closed, extra security is provided by the cities hosting the project. I'm not convinced it's a good deal for the state, it isn't a good deal for the taxpayers and the businesses on those closed streets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Fighter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Show & Tell | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '10) Jul '15 cabinfever69 30
News Wahlberg Wants Conviction Tossed (Dec '14) Jan '15 Taajsgpm 11
News DOCUMENT: Hollywood Power In Bizarre Transgende... (Dec '14) Dec '14 TerryE 1
News Mark Wahlberg heading Down Under to promote Tra... (May '14) May '14 Tony Pritchard 1
News Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Mark Wahlberg motivated by double duty as actor... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Donkey Estonkey 1
More from around the web