For Eklund and friends, the night was...

For Eklund and friends, the night was a knockout

There are 69 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 17, 2011, titled For Eklund and friends, the night was a knockout. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Dicky Eklund quietly made the sign of the cross as he waited once again last night to hear a judge's decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Proud of Lowell

United States

#64 Jan 18, 2011
Westford Resident wrote:
I thought this movie was completely unappropriate and it horrifies me that you animals live this way. About half way through the movie I could not take it anymore and grabbed by children and left. I do not want them exposed to this type of behavior.
Thank you.
"animals"...? Blah, blah, blah....
Typical response from a Westford/Stepford shrew.
I'm surprised you soiled your hands by typing a response here to us common folks, Your Heinie-ness...
Ironic

Lawrence, MA

#65 Jan 18, 2011
I find it funny that the Movie was about Micky's life and living in the shadow of Dicky and Alice. More of the same even from Hollywood with the awards going to the actors that played Dicky and Alice. Congrats to all and best wishes to Micky you deserve all the good things that happen to you.
Why ask Why

Holden, MA

#66 Jan 18, 2011
DICKIE EKLUND IS THE PRIDE OF LOWELL
Its all about Family

Leominster, MA

#67 Jan 18, 2011
you know i don't care what anyone says now. I'm just very happy for the whole family there.
coming from a family of my o wn that has had it's serious up's and downs this is a big up for them so let it be just that!
A great up for this family they needed it with what they have enedured. I'm really greatfull they have brought such attention to the city bad or good.
If you give it just a bit of thought the attention that has been shined onto Lowell from this film it is good no matter how you want to look at it.
If someone in their life time has struggled with drug abuse there is hope and support. If ever a family is divided together they can stand again.
If ever a city can revel about how good it is or how bad it is it is now so I have to say the only thing that has come of all of this is good.
Thank you to the men who made it happen and bless the guys and their families who really had to live thru what they did.
Trust me what they lived thru was not easy. Drug addiction is not a happy place and they know that. Your lucky if it doesn't visit your door.
I wish them well in the future and to all who made this happen. Really this is a good thing even if some of the story is really of hard times.
We all learn lessons and mess up after even recovery that's ok. We hope support is there always for them.
It is not easy being period. So support them they are here and here they will stay this is their home!
Thank you for all the excitement and I wish them well.
Its all about Family

Leominster, MA

#68 Jan 18, 2011
Westford Resident wrote:
I thought this movie was completely unappropriate and it horrifies me that you animals live this way. About half way through the movie I could not take it anymore and grabbed by children and left. I do not want them exposed to this type of behavior.
Thank you.
Laughing at "I thought this movie was completely unappropriate" where did you get your education lol do you think your any better than them? hm to funny.

You probably don't even get this comment.
no ones perfect

Haverhill, MA

#69 Jan 18, 2011
We must all keep in mind.....every SAINT has a past and every SINNER has a future.....
The Shrink

Dracut, MA

#70 Jan 18, 2011
Palooka wrote:
After a night of drinking Captain at The Captain's, Dickey and Christian head home for yet another slumber party. After all Chris is "One of The Family"...Dickey pulls the Holy Grail of meals out of the Ice Box: A pan of home made shepherd's pie and heats it up in the Microwave...Unknown to our heros an angry actor (who did not receive a Golden Globe) has secretly replaced the beef with the Stools of Mickey......In their inebriated state they consume to entire pan of Highland cuisine!!!Their reaction to this is a bizarre pugilistic version of River Dance / Slap and Tickle session using sweating jock straps from the West End Gym as head gear.....
Palooka,
I dont know where to begin analyzing this rant. I guess I'll just ask you to keep your se#ual fantasies to yourself
Cracker Jax

United States

#71 Jan 19, 2011
Congradulations Dick Eklund...it's too bad so many people here can't be happy for you. Jealosy is part of human nature....Had you been an angel all your life none of this would ever have happened for you. They say you had your 15 minutes of fame. Ha, you got a book and a movie about you, Mickey, the whole family and some who believed in you. And, all deserving of Golden Globe awards. That's just the beginning too for all of you. Can't wait for the Oscars to happen to give you all another round of fame. Jealous people will say ANYTHING! Enjoy it all....
Middle ST Champ

Southington, CT

#72 Jan 19, 2011
Cant everyone just get along..i'll tell ya what...Lets all go down the square and burn down the Tap...Ihear its empty these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Fighter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Show & Tell | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '10) Jul '15 cabinfever69 30
News Wahlberg Wants Conviction Tossed (Dec '14) Jan '15 Taajsgpm 11
News DOCUMENT: Hollywood Power In Bizarre Transgende... (Dec '14) Dec '14 TerryE 1
News Mark Wahlberg heading Down Under to promote Tra... (May '14) May '14 Tony Pritchard 1
News Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Mark Wahlberg motivated by double duty as actor... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Donkey Estonkey 1
More from around the web