For Eklund and friends, the night was a knockout

Full story: Lowell Sun

Dicky Eklund quietly made the sign of the cross as he waited once again last night to hear a judge's decision.
Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pabst Blue Ribbon Winner

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Awesome for Bale! Though I do hope that Eklund realizes that he himself did not win the award and that he is still kind of a legendary joke in a chinese food fart of a city.
doosh alert

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

do you think there might be 1 person out there who wants to know if Micky was there.....

or might ask dicky where micky was.

great reporting.

Jeez!
Just saying

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

And for Eklund the City of Lowell proudly gives the keys to the police drug safe.....
michelle

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Pabst Blue Ribbon Winner wrote:
Awesome for Bale! Though I do hope that Eklund realizes that he himself did not win the award and that he is still kind of a legendary joke in a chinese food fart of a city.
still a crackhead...
Dead Ringer

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Great show and congrats Dicky. Both award shows gave Lowell a Toot which was nice of them. You certainly got the right kind of Hollywood people involved in this.
Never mind the negative Lowell Posts-They are not very nice people.
I enjoyed the shows and the movie!
La La Land

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

doosh alert wrote:
do you think there might be 1 person out there who wants to know if Micky was there.....
great reporting.
Jeez!
Mikey was at Pats game, how'd that work out?

Dickey is still dillusional, somehow thinking it was a good thing, but hey I guess for him it was something positive, so good for him.
friend of eklund and ward

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

doosh alert wrote:
great reporting.
Jeez!
ward was at the patriots with his foundation
friend of eklund and ward

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

La La Land wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey was at Pats game, how'd that work out?
Dickey is still dillusional, somehow thinking it was a good thing, but hey I guess for him it was something positive, so good for him.
why do you hate on the guy, has he ver burned you.exactly what is it you do..
I said what

Windham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Eklands best, Eat Eklands eggs for your health
sully

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

so they get there 5 minutes of fame,all done see ya.
sully

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

where was micky okeef? i think he was the only one out in ca.
Realist

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Christian Bale and Melissa Leo are to be congratulated for their outstanding performances. Dicky, on the other hand, has gotten his 15 minutes of fame twice now (High on Crack Street and The Fighter) for being a crackhead. Really nice, huh? Doesn't Lowell have anything good to be proud of?
wonita

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

The guys a junkie! He robbed, stole and fought.
Give it a break

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

A movie portraying their life which won awards is something to be proud of.
Everyone makes mistakes in life and you learn from it, makes you a stronger person from having gone through it!
It was great for Lowell. They made sure it was filmed in Lowell. Where does a city so small within the US get noticed on Golden Globe Awards! So cool.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

It is kind of cool and we haven't had to read about Jack Kerouac for weeks now. That alone makes it a great diversion.
pinch_the_bum

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

And he still gets away with murder..........is the Middlesex d.A. taking notice?
lowell resident

North Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Realist wrote:
Christian Bale and Melissa Leo are to be congratulated for their outstanding performances. Dicky, on the other hand, has gotten his 15 minutes of fame twice now (High on Crack Street and The Fighter) for being a crackhead. Really nice, huh? Doesn't Lowell have anything good to be proud of?
I can honestly say, NO NO WE DONT. Sick that we looks to these losers to represent our city cant wait to move from here. I cant belive the rock in front of the cinema dedicated to Ward. I can think of more honorable people that have served this city that could have been honored.
lowell resident

North Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

pinch_the_bum wrote:
And he still gets away with murder..........is the Middlesex d.A. taking notice?
Yes he did get away with it, kinda makes me wonder why now. Karma Karma
Crack Head

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

wonita wrote:
The guys a junkie! He robbed, stole and fought.
Don't Forget Killed,,,,O-no thats rite he did not kill that poor guy in front of captain johns it was a crack head that looked just like him.
rock

Pelham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

lowell resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I can honestly say, NO NO WE DONT. Sick that we looks to these losers to represent our city cant wait to move from here. I cant belive the rock in front of the cinema dedicated to Ward. I can think of more honorable people that have served this city that could have been honored.
the rock in front of the cinema represents a giant crack rock especially dedicated to the famous of all crackheads which is dickie eklund's clan. it would not be appropriate to dedicate this crack rock to anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Fighter Discussions

Search the The Fighter Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Show & Tell | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '10) Jun '14 Kim 29
Mark Wahlberg heading Down Under to promote Tra... May '14 Tony Pritchard 1
Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
Wahlberg shoots down Kardashian comparison (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
Mark Wahlberg motivated by double duty as actor... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Donkey Estonkey 1
Bradley Cooper, Ben Affleck, Naomi Watts and Mo... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lorena 1
'Silver Linings Playbook' takes on depression (Nov '12) Nov '12 RINisuzuGrrl 1
•••
•••
•••