Bloggers Fume Over Renfro Oscar Memorial Omission

Full story: WNBC New York 6
Blogs are bursting with discussion about why Brad Renfro was left out of the Academy Awards tribute Sunday to Hollywood figures who died in the past year. Full Story
Caro

Fords, NJ

#1 Feb 27, 2008
I, too, was upset that they did not include Brad Renfro and Robert Goulet. And yes, Ms. Unger, you CAN include everyone. Sometimes, that's where I find out about someone like Dabbs Greer, whom I watched as a child on "Little House on the Prairie."
Jenny

Cotuit, MA

#2 Mar 1, 2008
Not to fret. I don't know anyone who can sit through what feels like fourty seven hours of 'and the award goes to....' without feeling a severe pain in your ars.
No one watches the Oscars anymore like they did in the Joan Crawford/ Bette Davis heyday. Today the Oscars is more about who is borrowing what dress from whom and wearing what style diamond borrowed from what jeweler and who styled what hair to look like what other movie star from the past. That is it. After that the entire show is snoozville. It is filled with awards for movies that no one heard of let alone saw, movies that came and went so fast you could blink an eye slower than how fast these movies come and go.
So to be 'forgotten' about by this crowd is really not a big deal at all...in fact its an honor in and of itself. When Hollywood doesn't feel fit to acknowledge your existance than you made it afterall.
marylin

Bergenfield, NJ

#3 Mar 3, 2008
Hey Jenny, stick it! I know plrnty of people who watch and enjoy the Oscars every year. It is appauling that the would leave out Renfro and Goulet in favor of some fat cat agents. So for all the people that say no one even noticed - someone must have because we are discussing it now, and probably will be for the next 12 months till the next obvious screw up
Jenny

Cotuit, MA

#4 Mar 3, 2008
Well I am glad that someone enjoyed the Oscars and had the time to sit through two hours of yawning. But hey, better you than me!
marylin

Bergenfield, NJ

#5 Mar 7, 2008
Jerk

“she was...”

Since: Jul 07

Brooklyn

#6 Mar 8, 2008
Hehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Client Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'The Lion King' is how old? 21 seminal movies y... Jun '14 New China 1
Actor Found Dead in Home (Jan '08) Apr '14 Hope 21
Actor Brad Renfro found dead (Jan '08) Mar '12 ktown native 32
Brad Renfro Found Dead at Home - Police say the... (Jan '08) Sep '08 Dennis M Mccullough 18
Brad Renfro Excluded From Oscar Tribute (Feb '08) Jul '08 crystal 62
Brad Renfro excluded from Oscar tribute (Feb '08) Feb '08 XxXVampireXxX 5
The Academy Awards in Memoriam montage omits ac... (Feb '08) Feb '08 XxXVampireXxX 7

The Client People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE