School board, explain yourselves

School board, explain yourselves

There are 3 comments on the InYork story from Jul 9, 2009, titled School board, explain yourselves. In it, InYork reports that:

It's been more than a month since the Class of 2009 graduated from Central York High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Ron Johns

Harleysville, PA

#1 Jul 9, 2009
..........hush...no, sorry, I thought they were about to say something........
smiley wiley

Baytown, TX

#2 Jul 9, 2009
"...it creates a highly competitive environment." Well, isn't that what we want for the enrichment of our children? Smells like some good ol' fashioned, Liberal-minded York County politics in the works. Could the ACLU be lurking somewhere?
Central dumbed down

New Cumberland, PA

#3 Jul 10, 2009
Yes, Snell and Wolfgang sent in a statement - but funny thing, no other board members knew a thing about it! So is the statement from CYSD or from two individuals?

Let's see how this communication went over the past two years - people(including reporters) ask questions and CYSD stonewalls for two years. CYSD finally issues a written statement that is incorrect and then refuses to answer more questions.

So CYSD wants to dictate and then not have any challenge?
And, they question why parents felt they were getting the run around. Neither Snell no Wolfgang could look another in the eye and answer a simple question. Yet, the way they handled this speaks volumes.

The Val/Sal goes much further than just the one issue, but to the unique school system and Career Academy HS of CYSD (i.e low scores, high taxes) and the lack of open, transparent communication. But Snell/Wolfgang obviously have no clue on this.

Such arrogance in the statement when you read it - it is truly unbelievable.

Congratulations to all the parents and reporters who are working to ask questions and demand answers on numerous issues at CYSD.

Keep up the good work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Autism More Common When Antidepressants Are Tak... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Friend 1
News 'John Wick' lets Keanu Reeves out of 'The Matrix' (Oct '15) Oct '15 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Ask Mick LaSalle: Jennifer Aniston in 'Angel Fo... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Noushin 1
News Liam Neeson new tourism spokesman for Northern ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Carlsbad New Mexico 1
News Liam Neeson backing Irish-a (Aug '13) Aug '13 jason norris 6
News Liam Neeson celebrates 61st birthday (Jun '13) Aug '13 wellwhoopy 3
News Neeson makes appeal for Disappeared (Jun '13) Jun '13 Seamus 2
More from around the web