College of Santa Fe students take the stage for their bitterswe...

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Photo: John Weckesser, head of performing arts at the College of Santa Fe, speaks to the tearful cast of Sweet Charity on Sunday afternoon, after the schoola TMs last performance at Greer Garson Theatre.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hell on wheels

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

Not to worry people. The IKEA and Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Store, and California Pizza Kitchen are on their way. THEY WILL SAVE THE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Theatre Lover Santa Fe

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Congratulations to everyone in the cast of Sweet Charity. What a wonderful show you put on this weekend. Also, to the CSF theatre faculty. Santa Fe is so lucky to have such a first-rate performing arts school. I wish all of you the best.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Theatre Lover Santa Fe wrote:
Santa Fe is so lucky to have such a first-rate performing arts school. I wish all of you the best.
Should Be : to have had...
Xaq

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure you meant Columbia COLLEGE, not University (Chicago, not New York). That would be some upgrade!

Still, so disappointed I couldn't see the last show! Good luck to everyone!
Kent Whipple

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Weckessar is a class act
JoW

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

So....why doesn't someone open a little drama club and have plays at a High School gym, if there is demand for it? Do they do puppet shows?
Hey airhead

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

JoW wrote:
So....why doesn't someone open a little drama club and have plays at a High School gym, if there is demand for it? Do they do puppet shows?
Why, are you looking for some fellow puppets to hang out with?
master

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Hey airhead wrote:
<quoted text>Why, are you looking for some fellow puppets to hang out with?
I like the hand puppets with a bottle of Jergins.
Susanne Mentzer

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

When I was in high school in 1974 the school I attended did not have much music at that time. I went to the College of Santa Fe to sing in chorus of musical productions and in another choir. This experience and being an usher at Santa Fe Opera made indelible impressions on me and opened up a new world. Now I have been performing 29 years.
What a shame to lose this wonderful place which no doubt has inspired many others.
JoW

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Susanne Mentzer wrote:
When I was in high school in 1974 the school I attended did not have much music at that time. I went to the College of Santa Fe to sing in chorus of musical productions and in another choir. This experience and being an usher at Santa Fe Opera made indelible impressions on me and opened up a new world. Now I have been performing 29 years.
What a shame to lose this wonderful place which no doubt has inspired many others.
Yeah! Lets spend millions and millions of dollars so kids can be ushers and play the organ at their church. We need hard working scientists and teachers, not flutists and bad community theater.
CSF Grad

Potomac, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

JoW: In another posting you recently thought that the anguish of one student's parent was funny. Life will go on for that family in one way or another, but right now they have been left hanging. It may not be a full blown tragedy, but it's hardly funny.

You also disparaged Saint Michael's/CSF as a school, in spite of the innumerable teachers, managers, doctors, business owners, accountants, lawyers and yes, writers, poets, artists and film makers which it has produced.

Until the school got off track and went down an "Arts are the be all and end all" path, it served Santa Fe and much of the rest of this country admirably.

I feel sorry that your anti-government myopia blinds you to the positive things which graduates of the school have done for Santa Fe and other communities.

If an effort had been made to get the school back to its roots, it might have been salvaged. But, I haven't seen any positive ideas come from the local naysayers. Only simplistic "Just say No to everything" mentality. Much like the teabaggers of last month.
SoonToBeFormerFi lmStudent

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Congratulations to all the wonderful people in the Theater Arts Dept. At least the theater people had a chair. Our chair took his sabbatical this last semester and only turns up to rent out the stages and try and kick students out of their reservations so he can get a commission. He even tried to bribe students to give up shooting their last films here. I wish we had a chair like Mr. Weckessar, instead of a self-serving egotistic has been like MOVs.
The Captain of our ship took off in his Vancover Film School life raft and left the film department's students, staff and faculty to sink with the ship.
No class act here
This is what a

Barcelona, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

private education pays for? what a joke. how are those fake diplomas?
Polly Anna

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

That`s just sooo Gay! My heart is warmed by it all.
CSF Film Grad

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

I agree with the poster about Mr. Weckesser, he is a class act. As a graduate of the Moving Image Arts program are you really surprised about the MOV Chair Jonathan Wacks? He has a long history of renting out the stages when students need them, he has driven off every good staff employee he ever had and always puts his cut of the sound stage rentals before students (unless they are one of his favorites or his mistress).
When I came to LA and started knocking on doors, my CSF Film School diploma was a plus until they read my letter from Wacks, once I was told he was a jerk when he worked in LA. and this was from a coworker at Goldwyns where he was a VP. He suggested not mentioning his name in my job hunt.
The college is over and its long overdue.
Mary

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

What does it cost to attend CSF and play dress up? This is not what academics is all about. Do they offer a 4 yr degree in juggling and fire dancing? It failed, let it go.
Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Congratulations to them. I wish them the best.
TheaterGradOldSc hool

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Congratulations to a wonderful creative loving department. You were my family. I learned so much. Theater has always been the heart of the college.
MOV came along to be the wallet and ego but the theater arts was always the true class act.
All of you leaving the department I know will find something good for your heart. Thank you John W. for coming back and dropping the curtain right. All the department heads should be so professional and caring.
God Bless you all.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Hi as fi can go
All the gangīs here
Everyone you know
Itīs a crazy scene
Hey there just look over your shoulder
Get the picture?
No no no no .......(yes)
Walk a tightrope
Your life-sign-line
Such a bright hope
Right place, right time
Whatīs your number?
Never you mind
Take a powder
But hang on a minute whatīs coming round the corner?
Have you a future?
No no no no .......(yes)
Well iīve been up all night again
Party-time wasting is too much fun
Then I step back thinking
Of lifeīs inner meaning
And my latest fling
Itīs the same old story
All love and glory
Itīs a pantomime
If youre looking for love
In a looking glass world
Its pretty hard to find
Oh mother of pearl
I wouldnt trade you
For another girl
Divine intervention
Always my intention
So I take my time
Iīve been looking for something
Ive always wanted
But was never mine
But now Ive seen that something
Just out of reach - glowing -
Very holy grail
Oh mother of pearl
Lustrous lady
Of a sacred world
Thus: even zarathustra
Another-time-loser
Could believe in you
With every goddess
a let down
Every idol a bring down
It gets you down
But the search for perfection
Your own predilection
Goes on and on and on and on

Oh mother of pearl
I wouldnīt trade you
For another girl
Roxy
SMH

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sweet Charity Discussions

Search the Sweet Charity Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Video: Broadway Star Chita Rivera Talks Tour, H... Feb '14 Anonymous 1
Cabaret (Feb '13) Feb '13 Cal In AZ 10
Rivera Honored, Van Dyke to Host the Actors Fun... (May '09) May '09 robert petrie 1
Ringwald's the bravest in 'Charity' (Apr '07) Apr '07 TheatreGeeksMom 2
Adopt - A - Student (Apr '07) Apr '07 Bryan 1
Adopt-A-Student (Apr '07) Apr '07 Bryan 1
Neuwirth is a true Broadway Bebe - AM New York (Feb '07) Feb '07 Brenda 1
•••
•••
•••