Ringwald's the bravest in 'Charity'

Ringwald's the bravest in 'Charity'

There are 2 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Apr 12, 2007, titled Ringwald's the bravest in 'Charity'. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Molly Ringwald's Sweet Charity is definitely sweet. She's also cute and spunky and innocent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

marymagdalene

Hartford, CT

#1 Apr 12, 2007
"'All trappings aside, Sweet Charity is a star vehicle, and, although the Broadway incarnation of this revival featured another nondancer (Christina Applegate), the show's stars have traditionally been great dancers.'"
Christina a nondancer? When Sweet Charity was on Broadway, the New York Times did an article on her, and whoever interviewed her asked about dancing.
Christina responded that she has been taking dance classes for 27 years, and jazz dance was her favorite kind, and that Fosse is her favorite choreographer...
Christina just had bad luck by breaking her foot/ankle which prevented her from doing the more strenuous dancing...
I happened to see her on Broadway, and she was REALLY GOOD...

I saw Molly Ringwald in another Fosse show on Broadway, "Cabaret" as Sally Bowles, and she was very good in that...
TheatreGeeksMom

Alexandria, VA

#2 Apr 13, 2007
I bought tickets to see the show in Washington. The theatre management company cancelled the show and then went bankrupt and I lost my money. My daughter actually won our tickets through a trivia contest on BroadwayWorld. We found the musical entertaining, but Molly Ringwald really has room for inprovement. Her danc moves seemed toned down compared to the rest of the cast and during "If They Could See Me Now", we thought she may have been protraying The Big Bad Wolf, she was huffing and puffing so much.
We had hoped to purchase a poster and t shirts, but there were none.
To top it off, we waited with 10 other people at the stage door. Not exactly a mob. Ms. Ringwald had an SUV drive in through the garage doors and drive her away with no acknowledgement at all. 12 people. She couldn't give 10 minutes to "fans"? Maybe she ought to remember that on this night there were only 12 people, maybe soon no one will be waiting for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sweet Charity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video: Broadway Star Chita Rivera Talks Tour, H... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Anonymous 1
News Cabaret (Feb '13) Feb '13 Cal In AZ 10
News Rivera Honored, Van Dyke to Host the Actors Fun... (May '09) May '09 robert petrie 1
News College of Santa Fe students take the stage for... (May '09) May '09 Brian Danker 30
Adopt - A - Student (Apr '07) Apr '07 Bryan 1
Adopt-A-Student (Apr '07) Apr '07 Bryan 1
News Neuwirth is a true Broadway Bebe - AM New York (Feb '07) Feb '07 Brenda 1
More from around the web