FBI swarms Lowell City Hall in record...

FBI swarms Lowell City Hall in records probe

There are 68 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 29, 2009, titled FBI swarms Lowell City Hall in records probe. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Ernest "Sandy" Ames, who was fired as the city's chief plumbing and gas inspector on Thursday, allegedly falsified inspection records, performed plumbing work on a commercial development while on city time, performed personal tasks and errands on city time, and submitted false weekly time sheets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
permit expired

Lowell, MA

#2 Aug 29, 2009
here we go the real alan kazanjian is being outed tell me he didnt know what ames was doing resign from the council mr kazanjian save the taxpayer from any more embarassment
fbi

Gloucester, MA

#3 Aug 29, 2009
did the fbi seize the previous 52 comments from this article??

There was a "Whitey" Kazajian siting in East Dracut last night.
watching the city

Lowell, MA

#4 Aug 29, 2009
Kazanjian should be stripped from the council and find. If an one votes for him in November you are a fool. Hes robbing us blind.
Pathetic

Amherst, MA

#5 Aug 29, 2009
Kazanjian should resign from the council. Clearly, he knew what was happening here. What a disgrace to the city. Ames, shame on you! What an embarrassment to your family and friends.
Former Lowellian

AOL

#6 Aug 29, 2009
This is just unreal, I knew it sounded like a lot of crooked activity was going on but all of this is amazing, so what elese has been going on?? This is just the tip of the ice berg. Amazing, this Mr Ames should be arrested and put on trial and receive fines, to make him pay back the taxpayers for all the money he stole. Also, Councillor Kaz, should be arrested too, i knew he was crooked, so not surprised but it was all so blantant!!
Lowell taxpayer

Holly, MI

#7 Aug 29, 2009
I wonder what kinds of things Kazanjian did when he was head of the zoning board?
China Man

Lowell, MA

#9 Aug 29, 2009
He needs a public caning
joey

Pelham, NH

#10 Aug 29, 2009
China Man wrote:
He needs a public caning
Can I order a chicken n rice please.
The Observer

AOL

#11 Aug 29, 2009
I don't believe for one moment that Mr. Ames made those statements "Yes, yes you got me,you got me." When City Solicitor Christine O'Connor stated that: "You (Ames) are being paid by the city and you are either sitting at home or at Kazanjian's Used Auto Parts."
This certainly is payback by the Lynch machine for Mr. Kazanjian holding the City Manager's feet to the fire week after week. There are two sides to every coin. The Lowell Sun and it's yellow one sided journalism has always trampled on those that don't go along with the newspaper's view. Mr. Kazanjian stick to what you are doing and keep Lynch on a short leash.
Lowellguy

Lowell, MA

#12 Aug 29, 2009
Why does it take a Picture to realize that we "the residents of Lowell" are being robbed of our tax dollars by the very people who we elect to perform essential duties.How is it possible that other people in our city Govt. did not no?Mr. Alan Kazanjian is showing his true colors!Did he think that he is above the law or so selfish that he would take tax dollars from the very people who elected him.If you really want to get some good footage just hang around the SAC club at lunch time when you will see several of our elected officials sucking down SUDS.It is so obvious that there are elected officials who are aware of corruption within city Govt.Time for a change.If you can steal tax dollars from us Alan,be man enough to step down and allow someone who actually cares about the city and not his own projects.NOT SURPRISED CITY RESIDENT .
Lee

Gloucester, MA

#13 Aug 29, 2009
I think Ames and friends should be given a pass in honor of Ted Kennedy.

Isn't that the way things are going to be done now?
permit expired

Lowell, MA

#14 Aug 29, 2009
at the next city council meeting jim millanazzo should call for an investigation into the actions of councilor kazanjian as to wether he knew of the actions of mr ames an employee of his while on the city dime doing work for alan kazanjian or rather than investigate resign from said council and go back to towing cars.....response mr kazanjian?
Don

Dracut, MA

#15 Aug 29, 2009
Mr Kanzanjian decided not to run for reelection to the council citing a busy personal and business schedule, now we know why
Mike J

Lake Panasoffkee, FL

#16 Aug 29, 2009
I hope they also take a good look at who else benefitted from Kazanjian being on the city council. Has anyone checked out any "donations" made to the Kazanjian political machine?
Of course there are also other inspections needed like electrical,fire,structural,cod e,etc. I think Mr. Lynch and the FBI should inventory the whole city permit business.
Hot dogger

Craigsville, VA

#17 Aug 29, 2009
Well I don't know Ames, or anything about pipes, and think Kazanjian owns A convinience store/gas station on middlesex street, and gosh that place has the 3rd best hot dogs in the city, and the best gas station hot dogs in the Merrimack valley!
Dave G

AOL

#18 Aug 29, 2009
Idiot, Alan isn't bright enough to keep his dog on a leash nevermind someone who actually has a brain in his head. Alan And Mike Zaimy And the rest of these Cox jokers need to just go away. Its funny how they cant be reached for comment, just go to the Sac or Majors and you can find these two. They have been screwing us for years. Don't go away mad, just Go away!!!!
The Observer wrote:
I don't believe for one moment that Mr. Ames made those statements "Yes, yes you got me,you got me." When City Solicitor Christine O'Connor stated that: "You (Ames) are being paid by the city and you are either sitting at home or at Kazanjian's Used Auto Parts."
This certainly is payback by the Lynch machine for Mr. Kazanjian holding the City Manager's feet to the fire week after week. There are two sides to every coin. The Lowell Sun and it's yellow one sided journalism has always trampled on those that don't go along with the newspaper's view. Mr. Kazanjian stick to what you are doing and keep Lynch on a short leash.
Brian

Lowell, MA

#20 Aug 29, 2009
Don wrote:
Mr Kanzanjian decided not to run for reelection to the council citing a busy personal and business schedule, now we know why
i believe you are mixing up Lenzi with Kazanjian. Kasanjian is running for reelection.
marc ducharme dracut

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Aug 29, 2009
the dracut realtor mercier/ the same as allen ....
Brian

Lowell, MA

#22 Aug 29, 2009
The Observer wrote:
Your an idiot! Your on here chastising Lynch for the downfall and corrupted activities of a few? So what if he is cleaning house...glad my taxpayer dollars will not longer fill the pockets of a few hacks, in fact i think there should be a criminal probe of Ames for falsifying payroll records and stealing money from the public.

You buddy Kazanjian is going down next...the house of cards are falling, and it will be funny to see these punks pi**ing their pants.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Aug 29, 2009
Kazanjian has been screwin the city for YEARS!
He voted on the approval of the Dunkin Donuts in Lowell by Mcitrick's and the train station........guess what. He shouldn't have voted because he owned a ton of abutting property!
He said he was unaware of that rule......he was on that board for 10 years! and didn't know?
He steps down.....and then becomes a selectman!
The land the city of Dracut purchased at the end of Lakeview Ave near Mike's ice cream....they had to buy from him for a ridiculous amount of money....SHADY!
The property on Middlesex St. near the Rourke bridge where the buses used to park...Kazanjian bought that.....a few years later all those old mill buildings get torn down and they somehow squeeze in a $hitload of condos in there........SHADY!
shall I continue?
No matter what happens......he has made his money.
It's the citizens who will/have PAID the price!
Ames admitted to going to Chelmsford Town Hall on Dec. 5, 2008, on city time, to pull a plumbing permit for Kazanjian's Mill View Estates development that straddles the Lowell/Chelmsford line on Middlesex Street.
Additionally, as the city's only plumbing and gas-fitting inspector, Ames signed off on more than 40 gas and plumbing permits issued to projects owned by or constructed by Kazanjian or a corporate entity controlled by him, since 2006. Ames, who earned around $50,000 a year, also inspected the projects
So every time Kazanjian needed something for his many properties.....he got it........with no actual inspection being done.
Can you imagine the corners that were cut during the building of his MANY MANY properties.
If anybody bought a condo unit at Mill View estates......
I would be VERY concerned!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Surveillance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Border Patrol Wants to Arm Drones (Jul '13) Jul '13 woodtick57 8
News Chained Unbound by Anchor Bay on DVD and Blu-ray (Jul '12) Jul '12 Samantha 1
News A salute to area war veterans (Dec '10) May '11 Rattle Kattle 54
News Security camera footage under review in Sun-New... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Juan Casa 2
News Sam's Club Red Kettle Thieves Sentenced (Jan '11) Jan '11 citizen 16
News Shoplifters busy this Christmas season (Dec '10) Dec '10 JustamwhoIam 6
News Surveillance cameras a success in Mahanoy City (Oct '10) Oct '10 Smiley 1
More from around the web