Obama signs bill protecting wilderness acreage (3:11 p.m.)

President Barack Obama signed legislation Monday setting aside more than 2 million acres as protected wilderness. Read more
JaE

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Witness history ladies and gentlemen. There hasn't been one decision made by this administration that I haven't agreed with; and they haven't all been easy to agree with.

As Americans, we need to make sacrifices to preserve our nation for future generations. God Bless Barack Obama, and God Bless the USA.
JaE

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 30, 2009
Now, for those of you who obviously have some sort of amnesia:

Our president has been at work for what, two-something months now? This is hardly enough time to reverse what took the clowns in DC generations to orchestrate. As much as some folks want to blame Obama for the state of this nation, we need to take sobering actions if we are to preserve our union.

We need to stand together, and behind the decisions of our president during these difficult times. If the work of saving this country was easy, it would have been done already.

If you, my fellow Americans, have something negative to say about President Obama or the change this administration seeks to implement in this country, let's hear your idea or solution. I'm sorry, but doing business the same way we have been doing business is no longer acceptable. This generation will have to actually think for themselves in taking the destiny of this country into our own hands rather than simply playing make believe.

A Young, Anonymous, Patriot.
Greg

Forbestown, CA

#3 Mar 31, 2009
I am appauled at the shear ignorance of this bill. Granted, some areas should be protected. This is over kill. Adding 2 million acres to a wilderness system that is already so vast that you could not see it all in your lifetime. It also excludes disabled persons and financially under priviledged people from ever seeing this land. If you can't walk, or don't have horses and days to burn, you will never see a fraction of their "wilderness". And this at a time of economic crisis? If you can't grow it, you gotta mine it! These people don't understand that economy starts with natural resources. Most of them get a government check or are financially set already. They got theirs in life and to hell with the rest of you! Just keep mining that big ol' government money tree parasites!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Superman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Terence Stamp: John Schlesinger wasn't mad abou... Mar 13 Lee 1
News First Look At Clark Kent From 'Batman Vs. Super... (Jul '14) Jan '15 spe124 2
News Celebrating a - super' man (Jul '14) Jul '14 Little Superman 1
News Lex Luthor Rumored To Have Hair In Batman v Sup... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Last days news 1
News Aicn Comics Reviews: Superman! the Final Plague... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Last days news 1
News Original Christopher Reeve Superman Costume up ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 good they bow to ... 1
News Memorial to Murdered Boy Denied Request to Use ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 they bow to pressure 1
More from around the web