Studio project rumors denied

Studio project rumors denied

There are 10 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 25, 2009, titled Studio project rumors denied. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

An actor-turned-businessman who wants to build a film studio where the Boeing Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Jack

Indio, CA

#1 Nov 25, 2009
The real problem is most likely getting the money to build the studio. Bet with the financial problems and the economy the studio won't happen. Not a good time for getting money to pay for a risky project. I would rather fund the Downey electric car plant.
Objective Reporter

Santa Barbara, CA

#2 Nov 25, 2009
The "multiplier effect" is a great thing... as long as one of the variables isn't zero. Prediction: The only filming in Long Beach will be for Dexter and CSI.
DODGERS55

Bellflower, CA

#3 Nov 25, 2009
C'mon Long Beach! all i hear from posters from Long Beach are negative comments... Show some positivity and things will start happening. I'm sure the studio will come to Long Beach and it will be a great thing for the region. Downey Studios is closing and there will be a need for large scale productions.
67GTV

Simi Valley, CA

#4 Nov 25, 2009
I'm with DODGERS55! The LBC has been hit with so many closures and drastic reductions. i.e.; Naval shipyard, Naval hospital, LB Mall, Boing/McDonnell Douglas, etc. We deserve this! LOL!

I'm hoping to become one of those 2300 new employees!

Who'd a thought such a great idea would come from the 'Brawn' of the Krypton bad-guy trio?
Laurence Goodhue

Oceanside, CA

#5 Nov 25, 2009
The delays are understandable in today's market.However as stated before,keep in mind all the
negative talk about James Cameron;s Titanic during the final months of is shooting-and indeed up until
its release.

The nay sayers were predicting a financial flop of
biblical proportions.

Yet it is one of the highest grossing motion pictures of all time with a commendable ROI even with Hollywood's "interesting" bookkeeping system.

So to will it be with this studio which will become
the axis of motion picture and television production for half of Los Angeles,and all of Orange
Counties and beyond.

The existing infrastructure of the site is fantastic.

My sense is once opened--and maybe before, production will be at flank speed to fill the
pipe line with product which had been held back due
the less than bright on both sides of the table in
contract talks within the industry.With most of those responsible now in Coventry cameras should
soon be rolling.

Laurence B.Godhue
Long Beach

Laurence Goodhue
Long Beach
Actor Dude

Santa Monica, CA

#7 Nov 26, 2009
Being and Actor, I know a con-artist when I see one. This guy is the model.
Juan Pardell

Stockton, CA

#8 Nov 26, 2009
Laurence Goodhue wrote:
The delays are understandable in today's market.However as stated before,keep in mind all the
negative talk about James Cameron;s Titanic during the final months of is shooting-and indeed up until
its release.
The nay sayers were predicting a financial flop of
biblical proportions.
Yet it is one of the highest grossing motion pictures of all time with a commendable ROI even with Hollywood's "interesting" bookkeeping system.
So to will it be with this studio which will become
the axis of motion picture and television production for half of Los Angeles,and all of Orange
Counties and beyond.
The existing infrastructure of the site is fantastic.
My sense is once opened--and maybe before, production will be at flank speed to fill the
pipe line with product which had been held back due
the less than bright on both sides of the table in
contract talks within the industry.With most of those responsible now in Coventry cameras should
soon be rolling.
Laurence B.Godhue
Long Beach
Laurence Goodhue
Long Beach
You forgot to mention that Cameron took his Titanic crew to Mexico where he shot the movie for far less than what labor costs would have been here in the states.
Aml

La Habra, CA

#9 Nov 26, 2009
Downey studios closing might be a mistake Downey will have to live with. Hope long beach gets that studio though!
BENN THERE DONE THAT

Murrieta, CA

#10 Nov 26, 2009
I am positive. I am positive that Long Beach is not business friendly and this project will never come to fruition. I am positive that yet another gang shooting will happen this weekend. I am positive that Long Beach is going to the dogs, except the dogs get better treatment than the city does by its elected representatives.

Is that positive enough for you?
DODGERS55 wrote:
C'mon Long Beach! all i hear from posters from Long Beach are negative comments... Show some positivity and things will start happening. I'm sure the studio will come to Long Beach and it will be a great thing for the region. Downey Studios is closing and there will be a need for large scale productions.
Juan Pardell

Stockton, CA

#11 Nov 26, 2009
O'Halloran said he has been criticized because the deal did not come together as fast as he originally thought, but said, "There's going to be a lot of egg on a lot of people's faces."

Well, as they say in Hollywood, "Talk is cheap." Slinging metaphors around isn't going to get the Long Beach Studios project started any sooner. All O'Halloran has to confirm is whether his group does, or doesn't, have the financing to proceed. Only then will anyone surely know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Superman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Terence Stamp: John Schlesinger wasn't mad abou... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Lee 1
News First Look At Clark Kent From 'Batman Vs. Super... (Jul '14) Jan '15 spe124 2
News Celebrating a - super' man (Jul '14) Jul '14 Little Superman 1
News Lex Luthor Rumored To Have Hair In Batman v Sup... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Last days news 1
News Aicn Comics Reviews: Superman! the Final Plague... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Last days news 1
News Original Christopher Reeve Superman Costume up ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 good they bow to ... 1
News Memorial to Murdered Boy Denied Request to Use ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 they bow to pressure 1
More from around the web