Rihanna's racist hotel encounter

Rihanna's racist hotel encounter

There are 58 comments on the The Sun Online story from Dec 18, 2011, titled Rihanna's racist hotel encounter. In it, The Sun Online reports that:

RIHANNA has vented her anger after encountering "the most racist man ever" at her hotel in Lisbon while on tour.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sun Online.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
german and proud

Toledo, OH

#46 Dec 20, 2011
At the end of the day she is what she is and she cant change that. Lol
Marcus Bachmann s Poke

Philadelphia, PA

#47 Dec 20, 2011
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't pick or choose who's a bigot and who isn't. You're being a bigot.
No moron, I'm not a bigot for calling the KKK a bunch of redneck racists. Same for talibangelical homophobes.

You homophobes love your sexually disordered discrimination so much and are in so much clinical denial that you can't tell fact from fiction.

I'll be a bigot when I try for laws barring simpleton Christianists from marrying, adopting, serving openly and all the rest.
Marcus Bachmann s Poke

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Dec 20, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
where was the discrimination PERRY ...where she stayed there yes , name calling but big deal you do it and you don't even have a clue
love your path to forever as in uneducated
psssssssssssssssssssst don't look under the tree you have not been a good girl
It is much easier to punish hate speech in the EU, because they define it much more broadly than we do, and they don't have a First Amendment. Both civilly and criminally. I hope she sues.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#49 Dec 21, 2011
the Magna Carta .......

ARTICLE: FREEDOM OF SPEECH

The ability to speak our mind is a key freedom that distinguishes British citizens from those in countries which are tyrannies. In modern Britain, this freedom is slowly being eaten away. Often the motive is virtuous - for example part of anti-terror legislation or to prevent racism. Nevertheless, free speech is under threat as it has not been for hundreds of years.

The reality is that political correctness, though well-intentioned, is turning into a totalitarian monster that can censor any debate and distort argument about burning issues such as mass immigration and multi-culturalism.

as I recall England is considered European..

but as the learned counselor states ... laws of bigotry but the violation was racial remarks ....

not discrimination

now since there is only one US constitution.. but of course other countries don't have a 1st amendment defining freedom of speech

solution you want to try a case be in the right court

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#50 Dec 21, 2011
INTERESTING:

from the French version of the constitution...
The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#51 Dec 21, 2011
Marcus Bachmann s Poke wrote:
<quoted text>
No moron, I'm not a bigot for calling the KKK a bunch of redneck racists. Same for talibangelical homophobes.
You homophobes love your sexually disordered discrimination so much and are in so much clinical denial that you can't tell fact from fiction.
I'll be a bigot when I try for laws barring simpleton Christianists from marrying, adopting, serving openly and all the rest.
Ok Bigot :-)
Kanye East

Huntington, NY

#52 Dec 21, 2011
Mother Theresas Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the heck is this "Rihanna" person? Is she important? If so, why? What has she done humanitarily that should garner the respect of other people?
Word!!!

-Kevin-

Smirk .. ;-)

#53 Dec 21, 2011
She helped stimulate the economy with increased umbrella sales.
Ol Saint Nick

Branch, LA

#54 Dec 21, 2011
kid gloves wrote:
Funny how her bodyguards and her entourage didn't say a word to the racist.
Yeah, they could have really messed his face up. Besides racists live only in the USA right?

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#55 Dec 21, 2011
Ol Saint Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they could have really messed his face up. Besides racists live only in the USA right?
And then only in Florida I understand.
Marcus Bachmann s Poke

Philadelphia, PA

#56 Dec 21, 2011
tallyho wrote:
INTERESTING:
from the French version of the constitution...
Hey wiki plagiarizing drunk-alike, the EU has very severe hate speech laws. Your unattributed quotes have nothing to do with the situation, as you know - when sober - because the EU does not consider hate speech to be speech at all.

That's why you can't wear a swastika in Germany, for example. It's not speech there, unlike here.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#57 Dec 21, 2011
<quoted text>
Hey wiki plagiarizing drunk-alike, the EU has very severe hate speech laws. Your unattributed quotes have nothing to do with the situation, as you know - when sober - because the EU does not consider hate speech to be speech at all.
That's why you can't wear a swastika in Germany, for example. It's not speech there, unlike here.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah your stupidity ........

why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#58 Dec 21, 2011
Plagiarism is taking the writings or literary ideas of another and selling and/or publishing them as one's own writing.

Brief quotes or use of cited sources do not constitute plagiarism.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#59 Dec 21, 2011
Freedom of Speech is more than legal in Portugal. Freedom of Speech is part of the Portuguese Constitution. This fact is important since any Law that is made or approved in Portugal have to obey the Constitution of the country, thus the Freedom of Speech privilege is above any other interest and is one of the unchangeable pillars of Portugal.

-Kevin-

Smirk .. ;-)

#60 Dec 21, 2011
There is no freedom of speech of Topix however. It's a privately owned corporation that does remove posts it doesn't approve of.
Marcus Bachmann s Poke

Philadelphia, PA

#61 Dec 21, 2011
tallyho wrote:
Hey drunk-alike, your repeated postings of wiki's materials are neither cited by you nor brief. They run to paragraphs in each post of yours.

There is no question that the EU has hate speech laws, as does Canada. We know, because US conservatives whined about our hate crimes laws as (in the addled, right wing minds) paving the way for similar hate speech laws here.

You're a liar and a bigot.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#62 Dec 22, 2011
<quoted text>
Hey drunk-alike, your repeated postings of wiki's materials are neither cited by you nor brief. They run to paragraphs in each post of yours.
There is no question that the EU has hate speech laws, as does Canada. We know, because US conservatives whined about our hate crimes laws as (in the addled, right wing minds) paving the way for similar hate speech laws here.
read again simp... just a re-buff to your joke of a post ......

Paragraph , a distinct portion of written or printed matter dealing with a particular idea

Plagiarism is taking the writings or literary ideas of another and selling and/or publishing them as one's own writing.

literary ideas .......Paragraph , a distinct portion of written or printed matter dealing Paragraph , a distinct portion of written or printed matter dealing with a particular idea

a particular idea.....literary ideas .

THANK YOU, YOU ARE A GEM......

-Kevin-

Smirk .. ;-)

#63 Dec 22, 2011
This reminds me of a Instant msg log I saw the other day.

It went something like this.

<Pot> Hey Kettle! What's up?
<Kettle> Hey Pot!! Just sitting around. You?
<Pot> You're BLACK!!!
<Kettle> OMG!! no waah. U R!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Star! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What You Said - Barrymore Back on TV? After Mic... (Oct '06) Nov '16 Bobo Le Mec 42,594
News Sean Hayes takes on heavenly stage role in 'An ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 NANCY 1
News Final goodbye: AP roll call of some who died in... (Dec '13) Dec '13 edju 1
News "Gilmore Girls" Star Lauren Graham Is Ever-Lovi... (Aug '09) Mar '10 end the hate 328
News Prashanth: Love with Meera Jasmine? (May '09) May '09 shuqin 1
News Fashion Star of the Week: Jennie Garth (May '09) May '09 shuqin 1
News 'Jaws' Star Roy Scheider Dies at 75 - Star of '... (Apr '09) Apr '09 IronCrossMovie 1
More from around the web