SAG To Honor James Earl Jones

SAG To Honor James Earl Jones

There are 8 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Oct 2, 2008, titled SAG To Honor James Earl Jones. In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Legendary actor James Earl Jones will be honored with the Screen Actors Guild 's Life Achievement Award for his career achievements and humanitarian accomplishments, the organization announced Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

FEDUPISA JERK

Rockville, MD

#1 Oct 2, 2008
GREAT>> HE deserves to be recognized. congrats
Jill R

Silver Spring, MD

#2 Oct 2, 2008
Wonderful, he's a favorite of mine.
Disgusted

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 2, 2008
SHALLOW RON, is that all you got from that article was tiny mention of his grandparents being slaves? He didn't mention that his family was opressed, he wasn't whining, he was simply stating a fact of his family's love of books and reading. Perhaps you should pick up a book sometime and free your mind!
Ron wrote:
"My great-great grandparents secretly learned to read when they were slaves"
Just always gotta slip in a slavery reference, eh JJ. This guy is always about race…
Why don’t we just go ahead and give every black an award for being black and get it over with?
dusty

Baltimore, MD

#5 Oct 3, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
SHALLOW RON, is that all you got from that article was tiny mention of his grandparents being slaves? He didn't mention that his family was opressed, he wasn't whining, he was simply stating a fact of his family's love of books and reading. Perhaps you should pick up a book sometime and free your mind!
<quoted text>
I agree. I think He deserves this. He has a great voice and I think he is a great actor. Grats, James Earl Jones.
Jill R

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Oct 3, 2008
Ron wrote:
Just always gotta slip in a slavery reference, eh JJ. This guy is always about race…
Why don’t we just go ahead and give every black an award for being black and get it over with?
Mr. Jones is far, far from being "all about race." What he is about is talent and hard work.
Kill Em With Kindess

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 3, 2008
Jones is one-of-a kind and deserves to be honored.
Mascara

Rockville, MD

#8 Oct 6, 2008
Ron wrote:
what are you talkin about.. his voice is famous even from be Darth Vader in star wars..its not about race you gnorant fellow.
He is a legend in the industry. he should be recognized.
he done alot..

got to wikipedia - do your homework before you belittle folks you dont know
Mascara

Rockville, MD

#9 Oct 6, 2008
being ... and ignorant...he's
typos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Star Wars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mark Hamill says he'd like to play George Lucas... Apr '17 John Doe 2
News 'It's pretty weird': Angus MacInnes on coming b... Jan '17 Anita Bryant s Jihad 3
Fans Petition To Make Princess Leia An Official... Jan '17 dantewolfe 1
News 5 Reasons to Visit the Niagara Falls Comic Con ... Jan '17 ERIC 16
News Carrie Fisher 'in hospital after cardiac arrest... Dec '16 Eddie Fisher Marker 1
News Police launch a murder investigation after a ma... (Nov '16) Nov '16 BHM5267 3
Handmade Star Wars (Apr '16) Apr '16 Asking for opinions 1
More from around the web