'Naked Gun,' 'Airplane' actor Leslie ...

'Naked Gun,' 'Airplane' actor Leslie Nielsen dies (4:19 a.m.)

There are 7 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Nov 29, 2010, titled 'Naked Gun,' 'Airplane' actor Leslie Nielsen dies (4:19 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Leslie Nielsen had the somber demeanor and stone-serious face that were just right for dramatic roles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Dave in Las Cruces

Ashburn, VA

#1 Nov 29, 2010
Goodbye ol' buddy, we'll never get to call you "Shirley" again ;-(

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#2 Nov 29, 2010
What a funny man over the years. His early years in the late 60's or early 70's, were casting him to try to be a heavy, macho, tear them up character. He was terrible as a heavy. Or they were equally crappy movies ("Project Kill"). What a stinker that was.

I'm glad he was bad at that genre
and good at all the smiles and laughs he produced in comedy over the years. He found his niche.

He'll be missed.
watchdog1

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Nov 29, 2010
He will always be Commander Nelson of Forbidin Planet. Now he will be with the rest of the cast. RIP.
Kosher Frank

United States

#4 Nov 29, 2010
Surly you cant be serious?
Leslie

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Nov 29, 2010
Not that funny.... More of that was stupid than funny
Dave in Las Cruces

Ashburn, VA

#6 Nov 29, 2010
Leslie wrote:
Not that funny.... More of that was stupid than funny
Oh Mr. Grumpy, turn that frown upside down every now and then, it might make your day a little brighter? What is your idea of funny, a car crash?
Leslie

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Dec 3, 2010
Dave in Las Cruces wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Mr. Grumpy, turn that frown upside down every now and then, it might make your day a little brighter? What is your idea of funny, a car crash?
Guess not my type of humor.. now Eddie Murphy and Seinfeld....that is funny!
BTW nothing funny about a car crash..... Dont start commenting with your hateful side..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spy Hard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shirley, he will be missed: Actor Leslie Nielse... (Nov '10) Dec '10 WARRIOR 9
News 'Airplane!' actor Leslie Nielsen dies (Nov '10) Nov '10 Paul Shykora ARTs 2
News 'Airplane!', 'Forbidden Planet' actor Nielsen dies (Nov '10) Nov '10 Sad 1
News DATABASE: LAPD's Most Wanted (Nov '10) Nov '10 strohmy 3
News Remembering Leslie Nielsen, A Master Of The Art... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Jim Trebowski 8
More from around the web