World Net Daily Dredges Up Ancient 'O...

World Net Daily Dredges Up Ancient 'Obama Gay' Rumors

There are 81 comments on the EDGE story from Sep 14, 2012, titled World Net Daily Dredges Up Ancient 'Obama Gay' Rumors. In it, EDGE reports that:

The ultra-conservative website World Net Daily is drumming up rumors that President Barack Obama has a hidden gay past.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#65 Sep 15, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And they call you a retarded fa$$ot, and I agree. LMFAO
Did I ruffle your widdle feathers? GOOD!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#66 Sep 16, 2012
3OHA wrote:
Obama encouraging his own daughters to be lesbians, or bisexual says it all.
LOL. How in the world can anyone "encourage" a natural trait?

It's not like someone can choose to be straight or gay.

Obama's daughters will be what they are, and no amount of encouraging will ever change that.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#67 Sep 16, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. How in the world can anyone "encourage" a natural trait?
It's not like someone can choose to be straight or gay.
Obama's daughters will be what they are, and no amount of encouraging will ever change that.
Do you really expect the extremist fundamentalist Christian right to base their beliefs on actual fact? Despite science and common sense documentation, they persist in arguing that homosexuality is a purely a matter of frivolous choice. When confronted with the fact that the decision to act on vs. suppress homosexual impulses is a choice in people who have such impulses, they seem incapable of making that distinction as they start reciting hateful bible verses.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#68 Sep 16, 2012
You didnt build that wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that like all of these other issues, there's good reason to think Obama was gay. Got it.
What, pray tell, is the good reason whereof you speak “to think Obama was gay?“ Do you believe he is currently gay?

Please edify us with your evidence. Here’s your chance to shine.

Or could it, unlike your claim, just be a rumor?
You didnt build that

Santa Rosa, CA

#69 Sep 16, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
What, pray tell, is the good reason whereof you speak “to think Obama was gay?“ Do you believe he is currently gay?
Please edify us with your evidence. Here’s your chance to shine.
Or could it, unlike your claim, just be a rumor?
Of course it's just a rumor - I never claimed that it was a fact. Some posts here however, do ask good questions. Why would homosexuals seek to harm Obama when Obama supports homosexuals?

And in truth, Obama does have a certain "style" about him that leaves one, let's say, "less surprized" by the rumors.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#70 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Of course it's just a rumor - I never claimed that it was a fact. Some posts here however, do ask good questions. Why would homosexuals seek to harm Obama when Obama supports homosexuals?
And in truth, Obama does have a certain "style" about him that leaves one, let's say, "less surprized" by the rumors.
I accept your clarification and apologize for misinterpreting the intention of your post.

However, I must question your innuendo in the statement: And in truth, Obama does have a certain "style" about him that leaves one, let's say, "less surprized" by the rumors. If gay people have an obvious “style” that distinguishes us from others, please describe it in detail.
You didnt build that

Santa Rosa, CA

#71 Sep 16, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept your clarification and apologize for misinterpreting the intention of your post.
However, I must question your innuendo in the statement: And in truth, Obama does have a certain "style" about him that leaves one, let's say, "less surprized" by the rumors. If gay people have an obvious “style” that distinguishes us from others, please describe it in detail.
Why certainly. Many (of course not all) homosexual men have effeminate personalities and mannerisms. And/or they often have a feminen eye for style, decor and speech.

They might be percieved as pacifists because, like a woman, they are sure that they can reason with their enemies. War is not part of the human condition to most women and to this sort of man. It is seen rather, as the realm of heterosexual men (especially Conservative, Republican men). To most women, and these types of men, war is the result of a lack of "communication."

Anyway, do I think Obama is or was gay? Who knows? I don't really care actually. The above however, is a very large part of the reason that many others are not so sure.

The crease on their pants for example, would tend to move towards the "perfect." Perhaps even to the point where other effiminate men get a chill up their leg?

Location hidden

#72 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
You are confusing intelligence and sophistication with sexual orientation. I am "less surprised" by that.
You didnt build that

Santa Rosa, CA

#73 Sep 16, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are confusing intelligence and sophistication with sexual orientation. I am "less surprised" by that.
Plenty of masculine people are intelligent and sophisticated...without an effeminate sense of style.

Now this obvious fact make people think that you're just needlessly making yourself look foolish. And for what? To deny an obvious point that doesn't even threaten your ideology? That is not an intelligent thing to do.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#74 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Why certainly. Many (of course not all) homosexual men have effeminate personalities and mannerisms. And/or they often have a feminen eye for style, decor and speech.
They might be percieved as pacifists because, like a woman, they are sure that they can reason with their enemies. War is not part of the human condition to most women and to this sort of man. It is seen rather, as the realm of heterosexual men (especially Conservative, Republican men). To most women, and these types of men, war is the result of a lack of "communication."
Anyway, do I think Obama is or was gay? Who knows? I don't really care actually. The above however, is a very large part of the reason that many others are not so sure.
The crease on their pants for example, would tend to move towards the "perfect." Perhaps even to the point where other effiminate men get a chill up their leg?
Sterotype people much? There are STR8 men who have effiminate mannerisms who are NOT gay.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#75 Sep 16, 2012
Sounds like tabloid journalism to me. How low will these conservative crackpots go?
Peronally, I wouldn't give a flying f*ck if he was.
It would have nothing to do with his job qualifications.

Location hidden

#76 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Plenty of masculine people are intelligent and sophisticated...without an effeminate sense of style.
Now this obvious fact make people think that you're just needlessly making yourself look foolish. And for what? To deny an obvious point that doesn't even threaten your ideology? That is not an intelligent thing to do.
Invite your friends to meet around the outdoor plumbing and pass the Red Bull. It don't git no better 'n that.
And make sure you don't wear anything that matches, or Joe the Dumber will get suspicious.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#77 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
You poor thing.... such rigid gender stereotypes. I bet you suck the life out of every party.
You didnt build that

Santa Rosa, CA

#79 Sep 16, 2012
You liberals can criticize if you like. Nevertheless what I've stated is basically correct. I've even qualified my statements with comments such as "of course not all," and as I expected, these were ignored.

Could Obama be an effeminate heterosxual man? Sure he coud! These men however, are rare.
You didnt build that

Santa Rosa, CA

#80 Sep 16, 2012
Obama was just so sure he could make everybody in the middle east love America and Obama. He tried so hard to communicate and apologize. Why are they still making war?
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#81 Sep 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, many gay men (of course not all) have effeminate personalities and mannerisms, not to mention good taste and the ability to articulate, as you noted. However, it is also true that many non-gay men (of course not all) have effeminate personalities and mannerisms, not to mention good taste and the ability to articulate. Indeed both may be pacifists and believe it possible to reason with their enemies. All of these being the case, how could you possibly discriminate purely on the basis of these personal characteristics?

Your contempt for gay males is duly noted. I also note that you seem pretty articulate yourself and you’re trying to reason with me as your adversary. I might get the wrong impression. Or perhaps not.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#83 Sep 16, 2012
You liberals can criticize if you like. Nevertheless what I've stated is basically correct. I've even qualified my statements with comments such as "of course not all," and as I expected, these were ignored.
Could Obama be an effeminate heterosxual man? Sure he coud! These men however, are rare.
Where do you find your frequency statistics, doctor?
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#85 Sep 16, 2012
You people never stop reminding me of babies. Like the little kid who's so thrilled to be up an extra hour, you seem *so proud of yourself* for having a criticism of the president that "can't get you in any trouble." Not for nothing do you sound stupid for focusing on something so ridiculous; what *is* your *focus* doing there? Please, pull an excuse out. Christ.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#86 Sep 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little thing, such rigid gender stereotypes. I bet you suck everybody at the party.
Well..... just ADVERTISE your desires. Why not just take out a billboard that says "I'M A CLOSET CASE! Hot gay sex is all I ever think about. I'm SO fixated on gay men that I purposefully seek out Topix forums to interact with them."

Not having much luck on the beaver hunt, eh? All the girls got wise to you, eh?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#87 Sep 17, 2012
<quoted text>
His "style" is called "alus". It's an Indonesian demeanor associated with culture and nobility that he picked up while living and schooling there. I recognized it immediately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sport Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why is Brenda Song blushing? (Sep '10) Jul 30 diana 5
News Actress June Allyson dies at age 88 in Ventura ... (Jul '06) Jul '15 GI Josephine 7
News Memorable moments from the ESPY Awards Jul '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Rick's List - Heavy Metal Lee edition Jun '15 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Keanu Reeves' Excellent Adventure At Ferrari In... Jun '15 Anna Romanovskaja 2
News Lincoln Chafee hits Hillary Clinton on war, tru... Jun '15 Jeff Brightone 1
News Tom Hanks donates to Red Bluff State Theatre (Jan '10) May '15 Lori 42
More from around the web