Auction set for Debbie Reynolds' Holl...

Auction set for Debbie Reynolds' Hollywood memorabilia

There are 1 comment on the LA Daily News story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Auction set for Debbie Reynolds' Hollywood memorabilia. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

In a May 27, 2008 photo, actress Debbie Reynolds and her son,Todd Fisher, watch a topping off ceremony for the Belle Island Village tourist attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Where Are Hollywood Elite

Palmdale, CA

#1 Sep 11, 2010
Why doesn't Disney, Paramount, Warner Bros., or some other heavyweight studio or individual step forward and help preserve this enormous treasure trove of Hollywood history? I guess Hollywood is just like Las Vegas in that both cities completely devalue their history and move on to whatever's new and crass. Why preserve the ruby slippers Julie Garland wore in the "Wizard of Oz" when it's more important to preserve the volkswagen Lindsay Lohan rode in "Herbie Reloaded" or the costumes the Olsen Twins wore in "New York Minute". Very sad. My condolences to Debbie Reynolds and the millions of Hollywood history fans around the world who will now probably never be able to see these one-of-a-kind and historic pieces...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Singin' in the Rain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Paso native Debbie Reynolds to get SAG award... (Jan '15) Jan '15 huey goins 2
News Film stars of old to headline movie cruise (Aug '12) Aug '12 Eric Lee from Aus... 1
News Singin' in the Rain makes a big splash in the W... (Mar '12) Mar '12 great show 1
News Debbie Reynolds recalls life in Depression-era ... (Aug '10) Feb '12 Gary Kaplan 26
News Happy Birthday, Cyd Charisse (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
News Make 'Em Laugh With Tales of Tears (Dec '10) Dec '10 Lost in China 1
News Debbie Reynolds' Hollywood Memorabilia Set for ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 PERRY 4
More from around the web