With 'Scandal,' ABC Targets Black Female Viewers

Apr 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

On Thursday night, ABC's Scandal will step out as a rarity on TV: a show developed by one of the most powerful black women in TV, Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rimes, depicting a powerful black woman in Washington, D.C.: Olivia Pope, a top-flight crisis manager.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of52
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 12

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Grey December wrote:
oh and luckily i started watching it late so i was able to skip all the commercials :P
they made her a side piece.im sure that was just a trojan horse.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Sadbuttrue-LCC wrote:
<quoted text>Katherine “Kate” Waring murder 6/12//2009 Charleston, SC *Ethan Mack & Heather Angelica Kamp pled guilty; sentenced to prison*
Defendants
Ethan Mack – pled guilty; sentenced to 25 years in prison
Heather Angelica Kamp – pled guilty; sentenced to 39 years in prison
Coroner: Body found on Wadmalaw is Kate Waring
Couple charged in Kate Waring case
Suspect in Kate Waring murder pleads guilty, details victim’s final moments
Waring’s mother, father take stand in daughter’s murder trial
Mistrial on murder charge, guilty of forgery & obstruction of justice oct 2010
Ethan Mack takes plea deal in Waring death
Ethan Mack sentenced to 25 years in Waring murder case
Kamp sentenced to 39 years for Waring murder
Heather Kamp files appeal in Waring murder case
Ethan Mack seeks new trial, citing ‘ineffective counsel’
Private investigators in Kate Waring case give their take of events apr 2011
Here's what I see all the time on TV on the crime shows!
Look at this Dumb Black men and his Big Fat White Whale that kllled this Young White girl who was a socialite!
http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2012/04/04...
wonder why they killed her.
Sadbuttrue-LCC

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Revelry wrote:
<quoted text>they made her a side piece.im sure that was just a trojan horse.
Katherine “Kate” Waring murder 6/12//2009 Charleston, SC *Ethan Mack & Heather Angelica Kamp pled guilty; sentenced to prison*

Defendants
Ethan Mack – pled guilty; sentenced to 25 years in prison
Heather Angelica Kamp – pled guilty; sentenced to 39 years in prison

Coroner: Body found on Wadmalaw is Kate Waring
Couple charged in Kate Waring case
Waring’s mother, father take stand in daughter’s murder trial
Mistrial on murder charge, guilty of forgery & obstruction of justice oct 2010
Ethan Mack takes plea deal in Waring death
Ethan Mack sentenced to 25 years in Waring murder case

Kamp sentenced to 39 years for Waring murder
Heather Kamp files appeal in Waring murder case
Ethan Mack seeks new trial, citing ‘ineffective counsel’

Private investigators in Kate Waring case give their take of events apr 2011

Here's what I see all the time on TV on the crime shows!

Look at this Dumb Black men and his Big Fat White Whale that kllled this Young White girl who was a socialite!

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2012/04/04...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Sadbuttrue-LCC wrote:
<quoted text>Her BF is white in Real life! lmao
She doesn't date Black men anymore either!
i know. she had a white guy her age before, but i think she is with this one for money/career opportunity. she could do a lot better as far as looks go

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Revelry wrote:
<quoted text>they made her a side piece.im sure that was just a trojan horse.
who do you think her relationship would be besides the president though?

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Grey December wrote:
<quoted text>
who do you think her relationship would be besides the president though?
im not sure what u mean.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Revelry wrote:
<quoted text> im not sure what u mean.
besides the president who do you think she'll be with? i think they would have introduced him in the first episode. maybe not though.

“ dreaming of revelry”

Since: Mar 12

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Grey December wrote:
<quoted text>
besides the president who do you think she'll be with? i think they would have introduced him in the first episode. maybe not though.
i think they might keep him for a bit.they are supposedly in love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Sassykatt wrote:
<quoted text> i think they might keep him for a bit.they are supposedly in love.
i'm about to watch it again. i must have missed this. she told the presidents assistant or whatever that girl she threatened was her client now.

“It really don't matter”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
i smell irr all over this. targeting bw?? why would you just want to target bw, and how could that be successful in terms of ratings? and why can't we ever see a healthy aa relationships in the msm, and i mean a couple with great chemistry? no one wants to see the stereotypical one dimensional caricature of the aaw all the time - lots of attitude and not much else. that's so played out.
if ww can balance the role and image of being feminine and strong, why can't bw?
bw will watch simply just to see themselves on t.v/just to see kerri. IT DOSENT MATTER. I saw/bought Hancock & he was jack ass, fried chicken eating, homeless alcoholic bum, chasing a white gurl. They show black couples in commercials wether u notice or not. The Xfinity Commercial showcase a whole black family
Sadbuttrue-LCC

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Grey December wrote:
<quoted text>
i know. she had a white guy her age before, but i think she is with this one for money/career opportunity. she could do a lot better as far as looks go
She not dating him now, he with a Biracial Anchor woman. I was suprised that the woman he's dating now is biracial I look more biracial then she does even though she is very pretty!

I am glad that I don't look like YOU and your family! LMAO

Even Whites and other races mention it! Even though I"m not light.....everybody says Exotic!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Sadbuttrue-LCC wrote:
<quoted text>She not dating him now, he with a Biracial Anchor woman. I was suprised that the woman he's dating now is biracial I look more biracial then she does even though she is very pretty!
I am glad that I don't look like YOU and your family! LMAO
Even Whites and other races mention it! Even though I"m not light.....everybody says Exotic!
who? her first husband/boyfriend? who is he with?

@revelry i watched it again. i guess i get it now. i watched it again. they are supposed to be in love with each other but i dont see why she said she would help the girl who's against him

“ dreaming of revelry”

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Grey December wrote:
<quoted text>
who? her first husband/boyfriend? who is he with?
@revelry i watched it again. i guess i get it now. i watched it again. they are supposed to be in love with each other but i dont see why she said she would help the girl who's against him
a woman scorned!off topic here for a minute,but i watched wendy williams show yesterday,and actress regina hall has bleached the heck out of her skin!its not that bad,but it was definitely noticable.regina hall is the black actress frm the scream trillogies,with shawn and marlon wayans.she was promoting that movie with megan good,taraji,kevin hart etc.it was so awkward watching that.wendy acted like she didnt notice lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Sassykatt wrote:
<quoted text> a woman scorned!off topic here for a minute,but i watched wendy williams show yesterday,and actress regina hall has bleached the heck out of her skin!its not that bad,but it was definitely noticable.regina hall is the black actress frm the scream trillogies,with shawn and marlon wayans.she was promoting that movie with megan good,taraji,kevin hart etc.it was so awkward watching that.wendy acted like she didnt notice lol.
i just looked it up. she has some kind of skin disease that could have something to do with it. she is light already so there really wouldnt be any reason for her to

“ dreaming of revelry”

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Grey December wrote:
<quoted text>
i just looked it up. she has some kind of skin disease that could have something to do with it. she is light already so there really wouldnt be any reason for her to
gotcha.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
i smell irr all over this. targeting bw?? why would you just want to target bw, and how could that be successful in terms of ratings? and why can't we ever see a healthy aa relationships in the msm, and i mean a couple with great chemistry? no one wants to see the stereotypical one dimensional caricature of the aaw all the time - lots of attitude and not much else. that's so played out.
if ww can balance the role and image of being feminine and strong, why can't bw?
what did i tell ya! a show specifically targeted towards aaw, and it has an central ir theme. if this doesn't give you a glimpse into the mind of the aaw, i don't know what would. what's even sadder is that we have a black president. but a bw just couldn't cast a bm as the alpha male, even when it reflects reality - smdh!
the aam has the most pathetic excuse for a woman in the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
what did i tell ya! a show specifically targeted towards aaw, and it has an central ir theme. if this doesn't give you a glimpse into the mind of the aaw, i don't know what would. what's even sadder is that we have a black president. but a bw just couldn't cast a bm as the alpha male, even when it reflects reality - smdh!
if he was black how could she have hot IR sex with the president?

“ dreaming of revelry”

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
did u watch it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Grey December wrote:
<quoted text>
if he was black how could she have hot IR sex with the president?
she couldn't which is why the ir theme is central to the story - a story marketed towards aaw by an aaw. so what does this say about aaw?
listen i could careless if there are many aaw who don't like bm. whatever bm replace aaw with is likely going to be a major improvement anyway. i'm just amazed at how obvious and open aaw have become in their expressions self-hate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Sassykatt wrote:
<quoted text> did u watch it?
nope, i just read the thread. i don't watch a lot of tv. in fact i don't watch any type of tv drama or comedy, just news and sports, documentaries, and a good movie once in a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of52
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••