"12 Years a Slave" wins Toronto Film Fest's Audience Award

Sep 15, 2013 Full story: CBS News

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender in "12 Years a Slave," based on the true story of a free African American sold into slavery in the 19th century.

Full Story

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#1 Sep 16, 2013
I wonder if this is about the case of Solomon Northrup.
Smh

New York, NY

#2 Sep 16, 2013
Savant wrote:
I wonder if this is about the case of Solomon Northrup.
From the article~ "The film, based on the autobiography of Solomon Northup, stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Dano, Paul Giamatti, Michael Fassbender, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Paulson, Brad Pitt and Alfre Woodard."
Try reading instead of wondering, "professor".

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#3 Sep 17, 2013
Smh wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article~ "The film, based on the autobiography of Solomon Northup, stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Dano, Paul Giamatti, Michael Fassbender, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Paulson, Brad Pitt and Alfre Woodard."
Try reading instead of wondering, "professor".
I'm familiar with Solomon Northrup's memoir, and that's what occurred to me BEFORE I read the article. I read the article sometime AFTER I made the comment.(And I studied history before there was a Topix).
Could you have surmised that the film was about Solomon Northrup based on the title of this thread BEFORE you looked at the article?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shame Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex, movies and the desperate attempt to shock ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 PujA 3
'12 Years a Slave' named best film at British e... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Lebran Skywalker 13
Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years A Slave PA Photo/E... (Jan '14) Jan '14 abe 1
NY202-926_2011_091737_high.jpg (Dec '13) Dec '13 Abe 1
'12 Years a Slave': A searing time capsule of c... (Oct '13) Oct '13 dragonpat 8
David Denby: "12 Years a Slave" and "All Is Los... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Halito 1
New York Film Fest: Weekend Highlighted by 'Lle... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Sharmila conspiracy 1
More from around the web