Faded stars learn new tricks

Faded stars learn new tricks

There are 3 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Faded stars learn new tricks. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Before we talk specifically about the very peculiar Celebracadabra , which premieres Sunday, it's worth remembering how very, very peculiar is the grasping for contemporary fame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

another stupid show

United States

#1 Apr 26, 2008
Not only are the "celebrities" fading from view, but 4 out of 6 of the "celebrity magicians" are as well. This show would more aptly be titled, "The Has-Beens of Magic" or something like that.

Their only claim to fame these days is performing at Monday Night Magic in Manhattan, where they are each paid $35 to $50 to perform there. No successful magician would be could dead performing there.

Simon Lovell is an alchoholic. If you see him performing in New York City on Saturday evenings, he has about 20 people in attendance, and he is sloshed during the show.

Rocco's brain is fried from too many drugs. Can see that easily by taking one look those lunatic eyes of his.

Silly Billy isn't even a magician. He knows maybe ten magic tricks. This can be seen by the tricks he chooses -- all self working props any clown can purchase for $10 at a magic store. While Silly Billy still performs childrens shows in NYC, most parents will no longer hire him because he's too mean and nasty with kids. He's a burn out.

One only need take one look at Murray to wonder what planet he flew in from. He was so heavily ridiculed on another dating reality show, where the girl kept laughing at him and the producers referred to him as a flamer. You'd think Murray would have learned his lesson and stayed away from reality shows?
LizzyCoah

Kearny, NJ

#2 Apr 27, 2008
What a dumb review! I got to the bottom of the page and realized the bonehead reviewer never actually said anything about the show itself. Good or bad? What's the deal? I knew who was in in from watching the commercial. And of course the celebs aren't top shelf. It's VH1! They don't exactly fill their rosters w/ A-listers. How about a REVIEW next time.(Did this guy even watch the show?) Can anyone tell me if it's worth checking out tonight?
Kara

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jun 8, 2008
You want to know what else is a dumb show. Celebrity Circus...except for it's not on VHI, it's on NBC...but seriously let's find some more stupid crap to make a reality show about...a circus!!?? At least fit club makes sense...who cares about the damn circus!!?? I can't take these stupid reality TV shows anymore...!! Fit Club annoys me, the rehab show annoys me, why do people care this much what celebs do...just got to a regular freaken cirus or a regular freakin gym!! AHHH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shall We Dance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dennis Quaid movie shooting in Winnipeg needs e... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Randy Quaid - Prober 5
News Happy Birthday, Jennifer Lopez! Superstar Mom T... (Jul '12) Jul '12 ikyb 2
News Shopping the Jennifer Lopez Home Collection at ... (Sep '11) Oct '11 _Jack Hole_ 7
News At 40, Lopez balances motherhood, marriage,... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Julie Bridger-Smith 1
News Comeback a balancing act for Lopez (Apr '10) Apr '10 Teresa 1
News Ginger Rogers comes to life in Fullerton (Feb '10) Mar '10 Clarissa Smith 3
News Richard Gere: Dog is hero in film about Japan t... (Jul '09) Oct '09 couch potato 5
More from around the web