Epic Movie (1 star out of 5)

Epic Movie (1 star out of 5)

There are 13 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 26, 2007, titled Epic Movie (1 star out of 5). In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

MORE INFO Cast: Kal Penn, Jennifer Coolidge, Fred Willard, Crispin Glover, Jayma Mays, Faune A. Chambers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Jay Scott

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jan 27, 2007
I think you are being hard on Hollywood when you say "nobody in Hollywood knows what one is, much less how to make them". Surely Clint Eastwood's "Letters from Iwo Jima" is an epic.
spike

Newton Abbot, UK

#2 Feb 14, 2007
there is a white hooded guy at the begining.he has nunchucks tehn he apears again with a gun and kills someone by shooting him about 20.i am wondering what he is out of and what his name is please .......... note i saw this movie in cinimas not on copy

“Smile...It Catches On !”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere Very Pretty !

#3 Feb 14, 2007
The previews that we saw were enough to make us sick. I guess we really have come this low.......
Aamir

UK

#4 Feb 18, 2007
it sucks
Aamir

UK

#5 Feb 18, 2007
time and money wastage
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#6 Apr 6, 2007
Epic Movie is a good laugh for anyone who likes nice, cheesy movies. The trailers for it just made me obsessed with it. To all the people out there wo gave it an approval rating of F, I say EFF YOU. You've obviously never had a good laugh before. What's wrong, childhood problems?
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#7 Apr 6, 2007
This is an awesome movie. I might just be the only person in the world who remotely liked this movie, but ever since I saw Eragon in theatres and I saw the Epic Movie trailer, my first thought was, "This will be a big hit." I was absolutely, completely WRONG. I think people just don't have good taste if they saw this movie, or they've never laughed before. I can't wait for the DVD.
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#8 Apr 6, 2007
BEST MOVIE EVER
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#9 Apr 6, 2007
Aamir wrote:
it sucks
you've never laughed before.
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#10 Apr 6, 2007
Aamir wrote:
time and money wastage
You don't know how to laugh.
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#11 Apr 6, 2007
o2bndisney wrote:
The previews that we saw were enough to make us sick. I guess we really have come this low.......
You've probably never seen any of the epics in the movie. should you be talking?
Clay Grover

Parlin, CO

#12 Apr 6, 2007
spike wrote:
there is a white hooded guy at the begining.he has nunchucks tehn he apears again with a gun and kills someone by shooting him about 20.i am wondering what he is out of and what his name is please .......... note i saw this movie in cinimas not on copy
He's the dude from Davinci code who keeps whipping himself on the back for God
Robby_G

Livonia Center, NY

#13 May 20, 2007
Clay Grover wrote:
This is an awesome movie. I might just be the only person in the world who remotely liked this movie, but ever since I saw Eragon in theatres and I saw the Epic Movie trailer, my first thought was, "This will be a big hit." I was absolutely, completely WRONG.
You know, I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer - I just couldn't wait to see it. When I finally did, I wish I hadn't.
I respect the you liked it, in fact, I'm glad someone did. Honestly, I thought most of it was trite and not very well thought out. It had a lot of potential to be really great, but the wrong people wrote and filmed it I guess. When I was watching it, I thought to myself that it was even worse than "Date Movie" which I soon realized was made by the same people. I really like movies that spoof hit movies. I'm a huge fan of this genre films like Airplane!, the Naked Gun, Scary Movie, and Hot Shots! series, to name but a few, but in my opinion, this one was botched very badly from start to finish, with very few laughs for me. It made me feel embarrassed for the people involved. It was far from an enjoyable experience for me. I felt that what it lacked in humor, they tried to make up with degrading grossly exaggerated stereotyping to the lowest degree. It was like if they couldn't make it actually funny, they would instead resort to disgusting the viewer instead. I just couldn't find anything redeeming in it what so ever, but again, that's just my opinion. Again, I'm glad someone liked it, I just couldn't. Not even in the "It's so bad, it's good" way either. And I've liked a lot of movies like that. This one will never even be that for me at least.
I suspect you won't have to worry about not being able to get a copy when it gets released this coming Tuesday - that's a plus in your favor. ;-)
Enjoy!
Rob

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scary Movie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan And Terry Crews Co... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Kimberly 1
News Anna Faris Goes for Two - 'House Bunny' star bo... (Dec '08) Jul '10 rahilvoll 3
News Wayans Brothers to Spoof Cop Films (Jun '10) Jun '10 brad luvaas sr 1
I need the name of a movie... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Kapooda 1
News 'Dance Flick' (May '09) Jun '09 jess 2
News Wayans 2.0 takes a turn in the family business (May '09) May '09 Queen LaQueefa 1
scary movie 4 (May '09) May '09 rixx 1
More from around the web