Star Trek Most Illegally-Downloaded Film

Star Trek Most Illegally-Downloaded Film

There are 5 comments on the MyFoxPhilly story from Dec 24, 2009, titled Star Trek Most Illegally-Downloaded Film. In it, MyFoxPhilly reports that:

Star Trek has emerged as the most illegally-downloaded film of 2009. Blog site TorrentFreak, which monitors file sharing, reported the Paramount movie was pirated more than 10 million times by internet users.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxPhilly.

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Royal Oak, MI

#1 Dec 25, 2009
I don't know why, it's pretty much crap from start to finish.

When is this generation going to come up with some original ideas instead of "re-imagining" old movies and television shows?

Call this "re-imagining" what it really is - glorified plagerism.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 25, 2009
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS wrote:
I don't know why, it's pretty much crap from start to finish.
When is this generation going to come up with some original ideas instead of "re-imagining" old movies and television shows?
Call this "re-imagining" what it really is - glorified plagerism.
I won't comment on your assessment of the movie being crap.
However, I don't perceive the concept as being plagiarism. It is more like milking the franchise for every penny they can get out of it.
Little different than grandmas getting a face lift, boob job and a new dress. Same grandma, just perkier.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 25, 2009
Additionally.....
why steal a ripped off, degraded copy when you can buy a quality copy, with all the extras at Wal-Mart for $20??

“Global Warming is a Fraud”

Since: Dec 09

Sao Paulo

#5 Dec 25, 2009
The entertainment industry has complained about this sort of thing for as long as the public has had the ability to make copies of pre-recorded media. While I do not advocate piracy, it, like every other theft-related crime in the world will continue until human extinction.

Since: Aug 09

Kempton, PA

#8 Dec 25, 2009
Pedro Grundy wrote:
...will continue until human extinction.
Funny, you've just summarized the plot of every Star Trek movie ever made or pirated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

RocknRolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gerard Butler - Gerard Butler to Star in the Br... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pat 1
News Tom Hardy: A bi-curious star is born (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robby 16
News Tom Hardy Really 'Did' Say He's Had Sex with Men (Aug '10) Aug '10 Huh 2
News Tom Hardy Source: Sex Quotes Taken "Out of Cont... (Jul '10) Jul '10 writewingproxycontin 9
News 'Sherlock Holmes' allows detective to get physical (Dec '09) Dec '09 galaxy 1
News Gerard Butler Charged With Criminal Battery (May '09) May '09 Carmen 1
News LA prosecutors charge Gerard Butler with misdem... (May '09) May '09 Bychance37 1
More from around the web