Actor Ron Silver dies in NY at age 62...

Actor Ron Silver dies in NY at age 62 after cancer fight; playe...

There are 7 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 16, 2009, titled Actor Ron Silver dies in NY at age 62 after cancer fight; playe.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

In this Aug. 30, 2004 file photo, actor Ron Silver speaks at the evening session of the first day of the Republican National Convention in New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Ephobe Omma

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 16, 2009
Sorry to lose one of the good guys. Too bad it wasn't Alec Baldwin or Barbra Streisand.
Not really

Vancouver, Canada

#2 Mar 16, 2009
Big deal it's not like he was a real actor like Clint Eastwood or Gregory Peck.
Christ Robin Willams is a better actor than this hack. wow he stared in a Jean Claude VanDame movie and had a role with Jamie Lee Curtis.
Oooh his acting was something to behold.
Sorry he died but at least I will not have to watch anymore of his hack acting.
Nick

Stamford, CT

#3 Mar 16, 2009
My condolenses to the family and so sorry for your loss.

Mr Silver was accomplished in other areas. He was a member on the COuncil for Foriegn Relations and an excellent speaker.

While I did not subscribe to some of his views they were always well thought out and informed.

We lost one of the good guys today.
Buzz

Newington, CT

#4 Mar 16, 2009
to the first two commenters, I can't wait to read the comments on your obituaries. I'm from the Bill Lee school of journalism," with malice towards none ". What possessed you to write negative comments? Is it low self-esteem? Please enlighten those of us that do not understand the need for this kind of literary composition. For #2, I did not know the man but he sounded like a man of conscience which is greatly lacking in our society. For #1 do you really wish death upon someone just because your beliefs are different, kind of sounds like a radical muslim suicide bomber to me.
Steve

Vancouver, Canada

#6 Mar 16, 2009
Buzz wrote:
to the first two commenters, I can't wait to read the comments on your obituaries. I'm from the Bill Lee school of journalism," with malice towards none ". What possessed you to write negative comments? Is it low self-esteem? Please enlighten those of us that do not understand the need for this kind of literary composition. For #2, I did not know the man but he sounded like a man of conscience which is greatly lacking in our society. For #1 do you really wish death upon someone just because your beliefs are different, kind of sounds like a radical muslim suicide bomber to me.
No actually Buzz i posted to get the reaction and moaning I got from you.
In all reality who was Ron to me?
Nobody that's what I thought, did I wish him to pass from cancer? I don't belive I said that, I was commenting on his acting abilities like any entertainer he only get's national press for his passing because of what he DID for a living( made money off of the likes of you and me) not for who he was.
When you pass the only ones who will know are your friends and family the same as me not the whole world.
And Bill Lee was a pitcher for the Red Sox in the 70's and if you went to his school to be a journalist that's not saying much that guy was flakey.
but then again writers tend to think they are the elite and God's gift to the world.
And eveyone knows anyone can write a book Artie Lange had a number 1 best seller.
Now go finish your articale for the foothills trader and pretend your Capote.(Truman that is)
Typical

United States

#7 Mar 16, 2009
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually Buzz i posted to get the reaction and moaning I got from you.
In all reality who was Ron to me?
Nobody that's what I thought, did I wish him to pass from cancer? I don't belive I said that, I was commenting on his acting abilities like any entertainer he only get's national press for his passing because of what he DID for a living( made money off of the likes of you and me) not for who he was.
When you pass the only ones who will know are your friends and family the same as me not the whole world.
And Bill Lee was a pitcher for the Red Sox in the 70's and if you went to his school to be a journalist that's not saying much that guy was flakey.
but then again writers tend to think they are the elite and God's gift to the world.
And eveyone knows anyone can write a book Artie Lange had a number 1 best seller.
Now go finish your articale for the foothills trader and pretend your Capote.(Truman that is)
First of all learn how to write and use correct grammar. You should be ashamed of your insensitive comments. Ron Silver was an acclaimed actor and the epitome of graciousness which you are not. His acting abilities and verstile role playing made him clearly capabale of handling any role. His career and capabilities spanned years. I for one will miss his intense performances on the screen. May god bless you and family!!!
John Rawls

Ruislip, UK

#10 Apr 7, 2010
@Steve,
Did you errr audition for Mr.Silver's role in the West Wing and not get it? Or perhaps did he accidentally run over your dog before he died?

I ask (rhetorically of course, I dont want to be your friend) because you come accross as a sad, bitter twisted little bloke whose best friend appears to be an intel processor.

Stevie, live a little. The Blue planet has so much more to offer than checking other people's posts for typos or surfing the 'net and abusing the deceased...

@ Ron Silver, Sir. I didnt know you but I felt I knew your character.RIP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reversal of Fortune Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jeremy Irons rules 'The Borgias' with an iron fist (Apr '11) Jul '11 Jeremy Irons 4
News A kiss for Castle and Beckett (Dec '10) Dec '10 P T Bull 1
News Claus von Bulow in Jeremy Irons' grip (Jun '10) Jun '10 raymond Rice 1
News Actor Ron Silver dies at 62 - Roles included 'R... (Mar '09) Mar '09 war-hater 3
News FOX411: Neverland Sale in Negotiations (Mar '09) Mar '09 Dark_Island 10
News Actor Ron Silver dies in NYC at age 62 of cancer (Mar '09) Mar '09 kenny M 8
News Ron Silver, 1946-2009: Tony-winning actor (Mar '09) Mar '09 toni randle 2
More from around the web