Tarantino film editor dies on hike in...

Tarantino film editor dies on hike in Los Angeles hills

There are 8 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Tarantino film editor dies on hike in Los Angeles hills. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

An award-winning film editor has died while hiking in the Hollywood Hills during a record Southern California heat wave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Shockingly stupid

San Bruno, CA

#1 Sep 28, 2010
What kind of self-centered, clueless person takes her dog hiking in the hills when temperatures are in the triple digits? Even if she'd been hiking in the evening hours rather than the day (the body was found at 2:15 am), it's beyond clueless to do anything more than give your dog a bathroom walk at those temperatures. It's heartbreaking to me that the dog stayed by her body. I wonder how long that animal had been without water.
Lisa

San Francisco, CA

#2 Sep 28, 2010
At least he left a great legacy of meaningful, uplifting, morally exemplary films so with important messages, values and socially redeeming role models for today's at-risk youth. He will be sorely missed.
Moore Creek

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Lisa wrote:
At least he left a great legacy of meaningful, uplifting, morally exemplary films so with important messages, values and socially redeeming role models for today's at-risk youth. He will be sorely missed.
Sally Menke was a she, not a he. If you have ever watched the careful sequencing of film scenes and transitions in a Tarantino movie, that was her. Brilliant and creative.
the original curious cat

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Sep 29, 2010
"Menke had gone hiking Monday, when temperatures in Los Angeles peaked at 113 degrees."

Global warming -- signs of weather to come. i lived near LA when we had a heat wave which hit 110 degrees. kids were warned to stay indoors. no weather for hiking.
John

North Hollywood, CA

#5 Sep 29, 2010
I'm amazed at the insensitivity of your comment. This was a life! Maybe Sally was like me--I love the heat and often will take long bike rides in it. Who knows what happened?
Your crassness, and the ease with which you dismiss a person's life and creative genius as "stupid and selfish" is beyond me. What kind of a person are you?
John

North Hollywood, CA

#6 Sep 29, 2010
Oh, and thanks for caring so much about the dog.
Shockingly stupid YES

San Bruno, CA

#7 Sep 29, 2010
John wrote:
I'm amazed at the insensitivity of your comment. This was a life! Maybe Sally was like me--I love the heat and often will take long bike rides in it. Who knows what happened?
Your crassness, and the ease with which you dismiss a person's life and creative genius as "stupid and selfish" is beyond me. What kind of a person are you?
YOU love the heat? And so it's fine, in your view, that she went out into the searing heat to (you assume) enjoy it? I don't care what she did with her own body, but she had no business dragging a dog out into that . "This was a life!", you cry (very melodramatic, John). The dog is "a life," too. And that poor dog had no choice but to follow its owner. Yes, she was self-centered and clueless to do that. And YOU are the one who is crass. I did not "dismiss" anyone's life. I judged her action on that day. You ned to learn to read more carefully.
Shockingly stupid YES

San Bruno, CA

#8 Sep 29, 2010
John wrote:
Oh, and thanks for caring so much about the dog.
Oh, and thanks for proving how mature and sensitive you are, Johnny boy. Your post is akin to a 10-year-old yelling "and you are stinky-poo, too" when the person he's trying to insult is laughing at him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reservoir Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Forever Faithful Keitel backs ex-soldier who fa... Apr 19 goonsquad 1
News Tarantino says police groups vilifying critics ... Nov '15 KnutesNiche 1
News Police union calls for boycott of "anti-cop" fi... (Oct '15) Nov '15 The REAL TRUTH 2
News Quentin Tarantino joins New York protest agains... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Sneaky Pete 3
News Quentin Tarantino plans new western called The ... (Jan '14) Dec '14 next time 4
News Tarantino's Django stirs the pot on racism (Jan '13) Aug '14 juice 8
News 'From Dusk Till Dawn' Bites into a Big Kahuna (Mar '14) Jul '14 hanan 2
More from around the web