Movie review: 'Reign' overpowers

Movie review: 'Reign' overpowers

There are 1 comment on the Santa Maria Times story from Apr 1, 2007, titled Movie review: 'Reign' overpowers. In it, Santa Maria Times reports that:

Don Cheadle, left, and Adam Sandler star in "Reign Over Me." / Sony Pictures I decided to skip one particular New York story over another last weekend after being amused by Don Cheadle and Adam Sandler's ... via Santa Maria Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Maria Times.

MediaMan

Eden Prairie, MN

#1 Apr 7, 2007
Not much a movie. Heavily padded to make it feature length. That is, 1) the camera would stay on the actors for reaction shots, 2) just stay on a lovers 2-shot without any cutting, 3) staying other action way too long. If the show isn't feature length. Then it isn't feature length. The story is really about 45 to 60 minutes long. So what's wrong with a short feature???

Anti-climactic. And not at all realistic swearing at someone on the phone to get them to do something. Ha! Doesn't work for me in real life! The Adam Sandler character should have beat the tar out of the phone sex big shot. However I liked the way Adam beat up the hoods.

Did or did not the girl have a concussion? Anyone with BLOOD running down from their eyes has internal bleeding. It just doesn't stop and everything is okay, like a cut on your hand. Medically impossible.

That's some great business that Sandler ran! He could screw off. Not do any work. And just take off the Hawaii when he felt like it.

Very annoying bongo drums under his office meeting with the two gals. It very nearly covered up the voice track! Poor mix.

It COULD have been a great movie. I hung on and hung on, hoping it would get better.

I'd give it a C Minus.

Cut/Print!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punch-Drunk Love Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oscar-winner, other nominees to shoot scenes fo... (Jun '11) May '12 Anonymous 4
News Top 100 Movies of the Decade | Columbus Alive (Dec '09) Dec '09 Brian Lindamood 1
News Paul Thomas Anderson Doing Scientology Film? (Dec '09) Dec '09 Rachel99 3
News The Adam Sandler effect (Sep '09) Sep '09 Rebecca Sue Mireles 1
News MTV Movie Awards 2008 -- Entertainment, Adam Sa... (Jun '08) Mar '09 Hannah 10
News '24' Actress Pregnant - It's Mary Lynn Rajskub'... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Jimmyboy 1
News '24' Actress Pregnant - It's the actress' first... (Feb '08) Feb '08 spammyfuckahs 3
More from around the web