'Reign Over Me' turns maudlin

'Reign Over Me' turns maudlin

There are 4 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 23, 2007, titled 'Reign Over Me' turns maudlin. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Even though he's in his early 40s now, Adam Sandler easily could have continued playing Happy Gilmore or Little Nicky or any of the other characters in his arsenal of arrested development.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

anne

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Mar 23, 2007
Yuck... give me a break. This is the Get Adam Sandler an Oscar Project. It should obviously never happen. He is awful.
Indygirl

Carmel, IN

#3 Mar 28, 2007
anne wrote:
Yuck... give me a break. This is the Get Adam Sandler an Oscar Project. It should obviously never happen. He is awful.
I disagree with you. I saw this movie on Sunday and it was very touching. As someone who lived in D.C. during 9/11, this movie had a profound effect on me. It makes me sad for all of the families that might truly be dealing with this pain. This is not your normal run of the mill Sandler movie with all the comedy, yet there are some light parts. It's a very serious movie, and Adam did an excellent job on this. Don Cheadle was excellent in this as well, both made the characters beleivable.I was not a fan of Punch Drunk Love, but this was so good. I definitely recommend this movie. If you are looking for a Sandler comedy, you will be disappointed.
John Bills

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Apr 5, 2007
My review: Adam Sandler becomes emotionally devasteted because his family is killed. He can't get over it and now acts like a little baby. Don Cheadle comes back into his life after several years and helps him recover. I give it 2 stars just for originality.
Johnnie

Clearwater, FL

#5 Apr 10, 2007
anne wrote:
I've just gotta say in response to your comment that as an actor, I understand the difficulty in leaving one's comfort zone when it comes to performing and Adam Sandler did just this. Believe me, an actor does not leave his/her traditional character to win an Oscar, but instead to convey something which they feel to be important to a different audience in hopes of reaching all of them. I have to completely disagree with you when I say that this movie, while different from all of Adams other works, was truly the best illustration of true human emotion. As someone who lost a friend on 9/11, the pain is close and the character Adam Sandler plays expresses this pain like none other. Maybe next time you should become more familiar with such a pain before condeming Adam Sandler on a topic you obviosly have a lack of knowledge regarding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punch-Drunk Love Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why director Paul Thomas Anderson may be the be... Jan 4 llkjhgfd 1
News Adam Sandler earns raves at Cannes Film Fest (May '17) Jun '17 loi 3
News Oscar-winner, other nominees to shoot scenes fo... (Jun '11) May '12 Anonymous 4
News Top 100 Movies of the Decade | Columbus Alive (Dec '09) Dec '09 Brian Lindamood 1
News Paul Thomas Anderson Doing Scientology Film? (Dec '09) Dec '09 Rachel99 3
News The Adam Sandler effect (Sep '09) Sep '09 Rebecca Sue Mireles 1
News MTV Movie Awards 2008 -- Entertainment, Adam Sa... (Jun '08) Mar '09 Hannah 10
More from around the web