Host DeGeneres brings laughs to tedious telecast

Hollywood's biggest night turned into a victory parade for television. Helen Mirren, whose signature role is in PBS's Prime Suspect , won as best actress; Forest Whitaker, who was brilliant in FX's The Shield ... Full Story
Beeper

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2007
I am so tired of all you people who somehow have managed to secure jobs that pay you to write your opinions, even though your opinions are beyond stupid.

Movie-lovers don't consider the Oscars awarded between Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress to be "tedious." We actually CARE about art direction and cinematography. You obviously don't. So how come you're paid to write about entertainment?

You also misused the word "homily."

Pathetic!
sam

Canada

#2 Feb 27, 2007
Why is this show reviewed as a "show"? What the Academy tries to do is provide entertainment(?) in-between presenting awards. Why is anything else about it taken seriously? Commentary on who did and did not win is of interest, and then even there so much of the voting is by blocks with vested interests. It's fun. It's "Hooray for Hollywood." Enjoy and go to the movies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prime Suspect Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
London pub chain buys Brighton's Lion and Lobst... Apr '14 yorgo 1
Maria Bello nails the 'Prime Suspect' while hel... (Oct '11) Mar '12 Wdock 3
'Prime Suspect' to 'Charlie's Angels': Our favo... (Sep '11) Sep '11 icy 2
'Prime Suspect' DVD collection offers a complet... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Billyman 2
Now Oscar royalty, Helen Mirren reflects on 'Pr... (Aug '07) Aug '07 roadrunner 2
Tennison 'Cops it' in Her Prime Prime Suspect s... (Oct '06) Apr '07 ashley gandy 5
Infidelity Appears To Be The Topic Of The Year (Feb '07) Feb '07 crackingsolution 2
•••
•••

Prime Suspect People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••