The Power of Few Movie Review

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Shockya.com

When Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" hit big in 1994, like an open-handed smack to the face of the film industry proper, its stylized noir plotting, fizzy mixture of violence and pop cultural dissection, and in particular its partite storytelling structure spawned a tsunami of imitators.

Read more
NOLAJoe

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Couldn't agree less. Saw this film this weekend in New Orleans where it was shot and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Inspiring to me to watch a filmmaker and cast take such risks... and make it work.

Seems a lazy cheat to simply compare any non-linear film to Tarantino. Funny how you rarely hear critics rant about straight forward 3 act structure, or whine that that's derivative. Disappointing how this critic can't find another way to organize his thoughts about something this original.

For me, Tione Johnson's appearance in the final sequence served as an angelic moment that tied nicely to hobo Walken's CLONE JESUS philosophy. A great use of metaphoric symbolism, that ultimately served the films message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Premium Rush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home 'Trouble With the Curve' tops new releases (Dec '12) Dec '12 This sucks 1
News Movie audiences find anti-Obama doc '2016' (Aug '12) Aug '12 RustyS 6
Premium Rush Stickers (Aug '12) Aug '12 Martin 1
News Anti-Obama doc highlights weak Hollywood newcomers (Aug '12) Aug '12 see the light 3
News Anti-Obama doc highlights weak Hollywood newcomers (Aug '12) Aug '12 gossamer 1
More from around the web