Filmmaker John Waters says gays, lesb...

Filmmaker John Waters says gays, lesbians can push for equality by ...

There are 22 comments on the Fox4KC story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Filmmaker John Waters says gays, lesbians can push for equality by .... In it, Fox4KC reports that:

John Waters, the filmmaker and actor known for such movies as "Hairspray" and "Cry-Baby," has an idea for how gays and lesbians can push for marriage equality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Divine Is Missed

Kingsville, MO

#1 Sep 13, 2010
If gay people want to marry, It does not affect me in the least. Although I don't understand being attracted to someone of the same sex, I have no problem with people who do. All I know is Divine was an amazing actor/actress & gay people are some of the happiest & fun people to be around. Live your own life & stay out of other peoples business. End of problem.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Divine Is Missed wrote:
If gay people want to marry, It does not affect me in the least. Although I don't understand being attracted to someone of the same sex, I have no problem with people who do. All I know is Divine was an amazing actor/actress & gay people are some of the happiest & fun people to be around. Live your own life & stay out of other peoples business. End of problem.
Words of wisdom from someone who must be happy with his/her own life, and sees no need to project on others. Big cyber hug to you!
Bill

Overland Park, KS

#3 Sep 13, 2010
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Words of wisdom from someone who must be happy with his/her own life, and sees no need to project on others. Big cyber hug to you!
Sick avatar.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#5 Sep 14, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick avatar.
As I responded to the person before me, "no need to project."
Bill

Overland Park, KS

#6 Sep 14, 2010
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>As I responded to the person before me, "no need to project."
I would be projecting vomit if I witnessed that in person. Move to Dubai please.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#7 Sep 14, 2010
Gay people aren't moving anywhere to accommodate the delicate sensibilities of spoiled brats like you.

If seeing two people kissing makes you violently ill, you might want to seek treatment for your medical issues.

Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be projecting vomit if I witnessed that in person. Move to Dubai please.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 14, 2010
ACLU-Tom wrote:
Gay people aren't moving anywhere to accommodate the delicate sensibilities of spoiled brats like you.
If seeing two people kissing makes you violently ill, you might want to seek treatment for your medical issues.
<quoted text>
It's just the Topix troll, R1, who is getting no attention on the friends/family thread, so had to move here for some lovin'. LOL
Concerned citizen

Kansas City, MO

#9 Sep 14, 2010
Divine Is Missed wrote:
I don't understand being attracted to someone of the opposite sex it is as bad as incest to me-- grose. I am polite to them but do not approve of this lifestyle. I will always believe God meant for a woman to be with a man & the Bible states this. I am a happy person most of the time too but I married a man as it was meant for me as a woman and had 2 kids. And if it comes up for us to vote on I will vote against Gay marriage because of my Christian beliefs and I think we were made different for a reason. AND this confuses too many children I have seen and heard about. And before someone says something smart I don't get into anyones business.
johnson

Overland Park, KS

#10 Sep 14, 2010
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>It's just the Topix troll, R1, who is getting no attention on the friends/family thread, so had to move here for some lovin'. LOL
You two should exchange numbers. You will make areal sweet couple. Go ahead, play with each others weenies and arses, who cares.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11 Sep 14, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
I don't understand being attracted to someone of the opposite sex it is as bad as incest to me-- grose. I am polite to them but do not approve of this lifestyle. I will always believe God meant for a woman to be with a man & the Bible states this. I am a happy person most of the time too but I married a man as it was meant for me as a woman and had 2 kids. And if it comes up for us to vote on I will vote against Gay marriage because of my Christian beliefs and I think we were made different for a reason. AND this confuses too many children I have seen and heard about. And before someone says something smart I don't get into anyones business.
If as you say you say that you don't get into anyone's business, why would you vote to ban same sex marriage? It might go against your version of "Christian" beliefs", but no one is asking to be married in the eyes of your version of "God", but in the eyes of the CIVIL law. So how would that conflict with your chosen set of beliefs and how does that not constitute you getting very much involved in somebody else's business?
Jack

Lone Jack, MO

#12 Sep 14, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand being attracted to someone of the opposite sex it is as bad as incest to me-- grose. I am polite to them but do not approve of this lifestyle. I will always believe God meant for a woman to be with a man & the Bible states this. I am a happy person most of the time too but I married a man as it was meant for me as a woman and had 2 kids. And if it comes up for us to vote on I will vote against Gay marriage because of my Christian beliefs and I think we were made different for a reason. AND this confuses too many children I have seen and heard about. And before someone says something smart I don't get into anyones business.
AMEN!! Don't hate the player, just the game.

Since: Apr 07

Morrison, IL

#13 Sep 14, 2010
Yoga goes against many people's beliefs. Hannukah goes against many beliefs. Buddhism goes against many beliefs. And yet, nobody suggests that these things go up for a popular vote. Why is that? Why should you have the right to decide who I can marry, but no one thinks to try to ban chanting or meditating or lighting a menorah. The fact is, your bible says they're all bad, and common sense says they're all none of your business. Let your God be the judge, not you. No one appointed you moral overlord so quit volunteering for the job.
Divine Is Missed

Jefferson City, MO

#14 Sep 14, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand being attracted to someone of the opposite sex it is as bad as incest to me-- grose. I am polite to them but do not approve of this lifestyle. I will always believe God meant for a woman to be with a man & the Bible states this. I am a happy person most of the time too but I married a man as it was meant for me as a woman and had 2 kids. And if it comes up for us to vote on I will vote against Gay marriage because of my Christian beliefs and I think we were made different for a reason. AND this confuses too many children I have seen and heard about. And before someone says something smart I don't get into anyones business.
Personally I find the married people who are cheating on their spouse & children the most repulsive. I find alcholics & drug users out of step with your christain beliefs yet I have never seen you christians holding up anti-alcoholics signs. I doubt you yourself would pass bible standards if your life was examined under a microscope. If being gay is a sin it's punishment from God will be no different than whatever sin I am guilty of. Why the church thinks one sin is greater than any other is beyond me. I ate a gluttonus amount of ice cream yesterday so I may have to face that on judgement day.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#15 Sep 14, 2010
johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You two should exchange numbers. You will make areal sweet couple. Go ahead, play with each others weenies and arses, who cares.
Again, enough with the projecting!
Divine Is Missed

Jefferson City, MO

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
Finally before I get back to work here...In your good book (not mine) Matthew chapter 19 something or other states anyone who gets divorced for reasons other than unfaithfulness are to REMAIN UNMARRIED for the rest of their life. Why doesn't the church picket these weddings? Most churches welcome those getting remarried, even if the partners were divorced becuase they changed their mind a year later. Some of these so called Christians are on their 2nd, 3rd or more marriages. The truth is christians are not going by Gods word in their outrages but by their own personal likes & dislikes.
Just Sayin

Leawood, KS

#17 Sep 14, 2010
Divine Is Missed wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally before I get back to work here...In your good book (not mine) Matthew chapter 19 something or other states anyone who gets divorced for reasons other than unfaithfulness are to REMAIN UNMARRIED for the rest of their life. Why doesn't the church picket these weddings? Most churches welcome those getting remarried, even if the partners were divorced becuase they changed their mind a year later. Some of these so called Christians are on their 2nd, 3rd or more marriages. The truth is christians are not going by Gods word in their outrages but by their own personal likes & dislikes.
Funny how bible thumpers pick and choose which parts they feel like living by, huh?

I'll never understand why anyone gives a damn how other people choose to live their own lives.
Resist Ignorance

Knoxville, TN

#18 Sep 14, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
"I don't understand being attracted to someone of the opposite sex..." I think you meant 'same sex'!Well, you are a heterosexual woman. You are attracted to men physically, emotionally and romantically to men. True? Well, so are homosexual men. Why is that so hard to understand?

"I will always believe God meant for a woman to be with a man & the Bible states this." Well, first off, I and many others don't believe in your god. Your bible has no standing with regard to the laws of this country. The United States is governed by the Constitution which expressly excludes ANY religion from governmental actions.

"And if it comes up for us to vote on I will vote against Gay marriage because of my Christian beliefs..." Then I will invite you to my house. You can sit down at our dinner table and explain to my son why he is really a second class citizen. You can explain to him why he does not deserve the same equal rights that you take for granted! I will also take you around town and introduce you to his many straight friends, all of whom know that he is gay and could care less. He would give you the shirt off of his back and do anything to help you. But, you hate him and want to take away his rights! Why? You don't even know him!

"AND this confuses too many children I have seen and heard about..." Wow, how many times have I heard this? Children often develop the attitudes of their parents. The argument "How do I explain it to my kids?" Very simple, you just tell them that most of the time men and women fall in love, but sometime same sex couples fall in love. Believe it or not, it happens more often than you know!

"AND this confuses too many children I have seen and heard about..." I repeat this because, obviously, you do not know that ~30% of gay couples have children. Restricting their parents from true marriage robs them of the benefits that you enjoy for yourself and your children (family insurance, hospital visitation, inheritance, etc.) What happens when you teach your children hate and intolerance? What kind if adults will they become?

I honestly do not understand how you, as a christian, could be against gay rights. Didn't your christ teach love and tolerance?

I will ask you again, what kind of adults do you want your children to become?
DEEPDARKWATERS

Mays Landing, NJ

#19 Sep 14, 2010
Divine Is Missed wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally before I get back to work here...In your good book (not mine) Matthew chapter 19 something or other states anyone who gets divorced for reasons other than unfaithfulness are to REMAIN UNMARRIED for the rest of their life. Why doesn't the church picket these weddings? Most churches welcome those getting remarried, even if the partners were divorced because they changed their mind a year later. Some of these so called Christians are on their 2nd, 3rd or more marriages. The truth is Christians are not going by Gods word in their outrages but by their own personal likes & dislikes.
Not true in the Catholic church ! I'm divorced due to my wife's infidelity and I can not remarry in the church. I'm raising my two sons by myself and will not be remarrying ! I have also been celibate for the last 11 years and plan on remaining so. Lust is not love ! Something most of you have not figured out yet ! Take sex out of the equation and most of you would not be together long ! LOL

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 15, 2010
DEEPDARKWATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true in the Catholic church ! I'm divorced due to my wife's infidelity and I can not remarry in the church. I'm raising my two sons by myself and will not be remarrying ! I have also been celibate for the last 11 years and plan on remaining so. Lust is not love ! Something most of you have not figured out yet ! Take sex out of the equation and most of you would not be together long ! LOL
Yes, but you are also aware that the Catholic Church has a couple ways around this and it is used by many. Just another hypocrisy in the Church. Good for you though, take care of those boys.
Divine Is Missed

Saint Robert, MO

#21 Sep 15, 2010
DEEPDARKWATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Catholic Church you can get one of those SNEAKY little annulments so you can get remarried. Sounds like you have hang ups, sadly it's probably why the marriage is over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Polyester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Filmmaker Waters: Let's ban heterosexual divorce (Sep '10) Sep '10 Wade Gustafson 4
News Filmmaker Waters: Let's ban heterosexual divorce (Sep '10) Sep '10 Not duped 4
More from around the web