Here come the bikers - Ruidoso News

Here come the bikers - Ruidoso News

There are 16 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Sep 17, 2009, titled Here come the bikers - Ruidoso News. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Vroom, vroom means money and rain. Early arriving motorcyclists at the Golden Aspen Motorcycle Rally this week rode through wet conditions that held high temperatures in the low-60s. "When Ron started this event 40 years, he was really on to something," Tim Ackerman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2009
This year my wife and I left town to avoid the motorcycle rally and it's the best thing we ever did. By the time we return, the hogs will have left and we will be able to reclaim our roads, our peace, and our sanity.
you know

La Luz, NM

#2 Sep 18, 2009
you never had ur sanity to begin with......
old marine

Ruidoso, NM

#3 Sep 18, 2009
Why not just stay gone?

Tucson, AZ

#4 Sep 18, 2009
Hey we might feel the same as trailsprinter in thirty years or so, who knows?

Carrizozo, NM

#5 Sep 18, 2009
The Carrizozo football team likes bikes and bikers, they used them to intimidate teh capitan fans apparently.
RIP Barbara Wilson

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Sep 18, 2009
From Ruidoso News

Motorcycle accident fatal
From Reports
Posted: 09/18/2009 03:09:43 PM MDT

A Midland, Texas, woman died from injuries received when her motorcycle crashed on Highway 70, Wednesday.

Barbara Wilson, 42, wrecked her Harley Davidson motorcycle about 20 miles west of Roswell, just before 5 p.m., Wednesday.

Wilson was transported to Eastern New Mexico Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

According to Jim Kalveledge at KWES Radio, Wilson was traveling to Ruidoso with a group and had just purchased the motorcycle last week.

According to the State Police, weather was not a factor in the accident
not a stranger

Ruidoso, NM

#7 Sep 18, 2009
40 years, Ron? I was helping Til Thompson in the 70's with the original Aspencade..........

Hobbs, NM

#8 Sep 18, 2009
I like this time of year. The smell of green chili roasting, the apples coming off the trees and the sound of motorcycles. It makes me smile to see people taking some time off from life to make a run for the mountains on their bikes. I'm the nice lady that waves and smiles at you.

Hobbs, NM

#9 Sep 18, 2009
P.S. My condolences to Barbara's family, I'm truly sorry.
TooTall in Rui

Alto, NM

#10 Sep 20, 2009
Sonny, I agree with you. This is a tourist town. Both rallies bring a lot of revenue to our town. Many of these people work hard all year just to spend 4 or 5 days in the mountains on their motorcycles. It is difficult to get around town sometimes but the sounds and congestion I can tolerate because it is helping Ruidoso and surrounding areas by dropping many many dollars into our local economy. I also have the choice of staying at home, out of the way. To me, itÂ’s worth it for only two big rally weekends a year.

Not a Stranger, I remember the Til Thompson days. It was fun.
Carlsbad Native

Lovington, NM

#11 Sep 21, 2009
I've been coming to the rally since its inception but took a couple of years off due to illness. This year I found out that the vendor area had been changed from the convention center to the HORSE STALLS & BARNS!! Yuk!!!

If this event is so lucrative to ruidoso's business community, why treat us like step children and put us out of the way? If this is where next year's event is staged, I won't be back. And, if the grumbling I heard is true, lots of others won't either!!!

Since: Jul 09

Las Cruces NM

#12 Sep 21, 2009
The convention center is where the aspen cash (spring rally) has been for years. The fall rally has been at the track for at least the last 5 years and keeps growing. The convention center parking area is too small to accommodate the crowds for the fall rally.

Hobbs, NM

#13 Sep 21, 2009
I took my mother to lunch one time and she complained that the rather large table next to us was being to noisy. We were in the downtown area of a large metropolitan city and the next table were obviously co-workers having a birthday celebration. I told her that it had hit me in an entirely different way. These were hard working people who had taken their lunch hour to have some good food and fun and it made me smile. Whenever I see people take a slice of their life to just enjoy themselves, their friends and family, I like it.

#14 Sep 21, 2009
Wow. Something out of Sunny's mouth that doesn't want me make to pay wild goats to dump on her head. Kudos.

Hobbs, NM

#15 Sep 24, 2009
Carlsbad Native wrote:
If this is where next year's event is staged, I won't be back. And, if the grumbling I heard is true, lots of others won't either!!!
I vote we keep it at the horse barns then!

La Luz, NM

#16 Sep 24, 2009
While I am not the same Anon as post above me, I agree with them completely. If anybody cant stand part of what made Ruidoso the place they call home in the first place, then they can just take themselves and their bunched up panties elsewhere. We wont miss them one little bit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Police Academy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News People 1 hour ago 12:03 p.m.'Punky Brewster' pa... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Jelly Belly Popcorn 1
News Kim Cattrall returns to TV in HBO Canada's Sens... (Jul '14) Jul '14 maybe no Hope 1
Rios (Sep '11) Sep '11 cadet X 1
News George's to reopen Dec. 9 (Dec '10) Dec '10 Steph 5
News Michael Winslow guest co-hosts Real Milwaukee (Sep '10) Sep '10 Robert 1
News Q&A: Kim Cattrall on Porky's, Polanski and the ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 CharlesP 1
News Kim Catrall Returns to Liverpool to Star in ANT... (Apr '10) Apr '10 May 1
More from around the web