Santa Feans link arms for gay marriage

Santa Feans link arms for gay marriage

There are 72 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Nov 15, 2008, titled Santa Feans link arms for gay marriage. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

More than 100 people braved chilly winds to gather at the state Capitol on Saturday to protest California's passing of a constitutional amendment to prohibit same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Eideard

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Nov 16, 2008
2nd-class citizenship in America has always smelled the same. Ignorant, uptight cowards ready to have someone else forgo equality to support their own tawdry fears and inadequacy.

People of all persuasions, genders and personal beliefs need to step up and stand beside their brothers and sisters - just as they did decades ago in the battle against 2nd-class citizenship for people of color.

Unfortunately, Gay folks are realizing they can't rely on Americans of good will to fight the good fight without a little arm-twisting. Again.

“Jimmy Tha Most”

Since: Sep 08

Sangre De Cristos

#3 Nov 16, 2008
I say we let them all have it! Why should hetro couples be the only ones to fully enjoy the most pleasurable process of divorce?
MichaelMichael

AOL

#5 Nov 16, 2008
Archuleta, Ivan Michael
View/Sign Guest Book

Our Son, Brother, Boyfriend and Father In loving Memory of Ivan Michael Archuleta JUNE 19, 1986 MAY 5, 2008 In loving memory of you, "IVAN" Quietly I'm remembering you In the silence of my heart, Each thought of you, a treasure While we are now apart. At times I'm filled with longing; Your face I'd love to see, To feel your warmth, to hear your voice, To have you here with me. But God had a plan; He created you, And numbered all your days, May he hold you in His loving arms? And surround me with his grace. With the hope of reunion in heaven one day, I entrust you in His care, Cherished memories of you live on in my heart Your life is a gift we share. We miss and love you so much! Forever in our Hearts and Mind Mom, Dad, Justin, Amber, Candy, Estevon and the Familia Please join us for a celebration Mass on Monday, November 17, 2008, at St. Anne Parish, 5:30 p.m. to honor our Ivan's 6th month anniversary.

Yes, the Bible teaches us that Homosexual is sinful, Christian leaders support and defends its law,[thou others may interpret it differently] I myself am against it as well. BUT, we live in ‘American the land of the free’ and that freedom even extends to gay couples wishing to legalize their union! The country can be 99.9% against it and vote to out-law the legality of couples marring but technically they have that right and I’m sure the Supreme Court in California will overturn the people’s decision or if they don’t it will lead all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
Just like the KKK, The National Alliance of neo-Nazi groups, American Atheists, Fred Phelps of Topeka, Kansas Westborough Baptist Church, etc, we’d give anything to oust them from our country, but again they have those rights as well. It’s a reality that difficult to swallow but we must accept no matter what because this is ‘The land of the Free’.

PS: At least gay couples what to legalize and secure their union which is more than what can be said of some heterosexuals couples who rather live irresponsibility!
Guest

Ava, MO

#6 Nov 16, 2008
MichaelMichael wrote:
Archuleta, Ivan Michael
View/Sign Guest Book
Our Son, Brother, Boyfriend and Father In loving Memory of Ivan Michael Archuleta JUNE 19, 1986 MAY 5, 2008 In loving memory of you, "IVAN" Quietly I'm remembering you In the silence of my heart, Each thought of you, a treasure While we are now apart. At times I'm filled with longing; Your face I'd love to see, To feel your warmth, to hear your voice, To have you here with me. But God had a plan; He created you, And numbered all your days, May he hold you in His loving arms? And surround me with his grace. With the hope of reunion in heaven one day, I entrust you in His care, Cherished memories of you live on in my heart Your life is a gift we share. We miss and love you so much! Forever in our Hearts and Mind Mom, Dad, Justin, Amber, Candy, Estevon and the Familia Please join us for a celebration Mass on Monday, November 17, 2008, at St. Anne Parish, 5:30 p.m. to honor our Ivan's 6th month anniversary.
Yes, the Bible teaches us that Homosexual is sinful, Christian leaders support and defends its law,[thou others may interpret it differently] I myself am against it as well. BUT, we live in ‘American the land of the free’ and that freedom even extends to gay couples wishing to legalize their union! The country can be 99.9% against it and vote to out-law the legality of couples marring but technically they have that right and I’m sure the Supreme Court in California will overturn the people’s decision or if they don’t it will lead all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
Just like the KKK, The National Alliance of neo-Nazi groups, American Atheists, Fred Phelps of Topeka, Kansas Westborough Baptist Church, etc, we’d give anything to oust them from our country, but again they have those rights as well. It’s a reality that difficult to swallow but we must accept no matter what because this is ‘The land of the Free’.
PS: At least gay couples what to legalize and secure their union which is more than what can be said of some heterosexuals couples who rather live irresponsibility!
It is "We the People" Not "Supreme Court" and the people have spoken.
MichaelMichael

AOL

#7 Nov 16, 2008
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It is "We the People" Not "Supreme Court" and the people have spoken.
You are correct!
MichaelMichael

AOL

#8 Nov 16, 2008
MichaelMichael wrote:
Archuleta, Ivan Michael
View/Sign Guest Book
Our Son, Brother, Boyfriend and Father In loving Memory of Ivan Michael Archuleta JUNE 19, 1986 MAY 5, 2008 In loving memory of you, "IVAN" Quietly I'm remembering you In the silence of my heart, Each thought of you, a treasure While we are now apart. At times I'm filled with longing; Your face I'd love to see, To feel your warmth, to hear your voice, To have you here with me. But God had a plan; He created you, And numbered all your days, May he hold you in His loving arms? And surround me with his grace. With the hope of reunion in heaven one day, I entrust you in His care, Cherished memories of you live on in my heart Your life is a gift we share. We miss and love you so much! Forever in our Hearts and Mind Mom, Dad, Justin, Amber, Candy, Estevon and the Familia Please join us for a celebration Mass on Monday, November 17, 2008, at St. Anne Parish, 5:30 p.m. to honor our Ivan's 6th month anniversary.
Yes, the Bible teaches us that Homosexual is sinful, Christian leaders support and defends its law,[thou others may interpret it differently] I myself am against it as well. BUT, we live in ‘American the land of the free’ and that freedom even extends to gay couples wishing to legalize their union! The country can be 99.9% against it and vote to out-law the legality of couples marring but technically they have that right and I’m sure the Supreme Court in California will overturn the people’s decision or if they don’t it will lead all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
Just like the KKK, The National Alliance of neo-Nazi groups, American Atheists, Fred Phelps of Topeka, Kansas Westborough Baptist Church, etc, we’d give anything to oust them from our country, but again they have those rights as well. It’s a reality that difficult to swallow but we must accept no matter what because this is ‘The land of the Free’.
PS: At least gay couples what to legalize and secure their union which is more than what can be said of some heterosexuals couples who rather live irresponsibility!
The first paragraph [Obituary] was inserted by error…..Sorry!
I e-mailed web editor to remove it but they haven’t yet!
MichaelMichael......
peter gumaer-guimar ogden

Huntsville, AL

#9 Nov 16, 2008
Jimmy Green wrote:
I say we let them all have it! Why should hetro couples be the only ones to fully enjoy the most pleasurable process of divorce?
The primary cause of humankind's woes today is overpopulation. Let's hope that these gay couples don't start having large broods of children--that is the Great Danger.:)

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Nov 16, 2008
Is it just me or does the headline “Santa Feans link arms for gay marriage” sound reminiscent of the Iran-Contra Arms for Hostages headlines back in the ‘80’s and that there is a black market for gay marriage in exchange for guns?
Rita Sebastian

AOL

#11 Nov 16, 2008
Why not allow plural marriage or sibling marriage? Where do we draw the line? I'm not aware of any civilization sanctioning gay marriage at any time in history, for good reason.

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Nov 16, 2008
Rita Sebastian wrote:
Why not allow plural marriage or sibling marriage? Where do we draw the line? I'm not aware of any civilization sanctioning gay marriage at any time in history, for good reason.
Same-sex marriage is legal in the Netherlands Belgium, Canada, Norway, South Africa and Spain. Not to mention it's legal in Massachusetts & Connecticut.
since old folks

United States

#15 Nov 16, 2008
can't make babies, there is no reason for the government to grant them the costly benefits of second marriages

Since: Sep 08

Miyazaki

#16 Nov 16, 2008
Real Clear wrote:
Homosexual relationships do nothing to serve the state interest of propagating society, so there is no reason to grant them the costly benefits of marriage.
Homosexuals who stay single, are even less likely to propagate. I'm sixty seven years old and extremely unlikely to propagate, should I lose my married tax benefits? What does this have to do with the price of beans?
peter gumaer-guimar ogden

Huntsville, AL

#19 Nov 17, 2008
Wow what a big turnout! Ithaca ny, with pop 15,000, deep in the heart of rural redneck country had 250 folks come out to protest against prop 8 in pouring rain. Looks like Santa Fe's not all that liberal!!!:)--Must be something in the water in upstate ny?--estrogen from all those adulterated Monsanto dairy farms? OOPS--More shootings on Airport Road in the "City of Sacred Faith". Keep it quiet so the tourists don't find out.:)...and potential Sotheby's Realty buyers!!!!:) The decline of Santa Fe is in full swing.

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Nov 17, 2008
PERPLEXED wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then r u moving there?
That's gotta be the lamest proposal ever!

“You probably already know me.”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#21 Nov 17, 2008
Blake's Lotaburger started in Albuquerque in 1952. In 2008, Blake's Lotaburger executive Brian Rule donated $10,000 to discriminate against the marriage rights of gays and lesbians in California's a measure designed to go against Proposition 8, a measure designed to eliminate a previous law enabling Gay, Lesbian, and Transgendered peoples to legally receive equal rights in "marriage" as straight people.
hosay d ploomer

Florence, AL

#22 Nov 18, 2008
Sam Atakra wrote:
Blake's Lotaburger started in Albuquerque in 1952. In 2008, Blake's Lotaburger executive Brian Rule donated $10,000 to discriminate against the marriage rights of gays and lesbians in California's a measure designed to go against Proposition 8, a measure designed to eliminate a previous law enabling Gay, Lesbian, and Transgendered peoples to legally receive equal rights in "marriage" as straight people.
cool I'll head there for lunch for lunch... for the next year.
JB WIlliams

Powhatan Point, OH

#23 Nov 18, 2008
hosay d ploomer wrote:
<quoted text> cool I'll head there for lunch for lunch... for the next year.
hey pay your tax lien and get a freakin job you has been that never was.
Juanita Zapata
#24 Nov 18, 2008
Well, I'll go to Bert's Burger Bowl instead...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#25 Nov 18, 2008
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It is "We the People" Not "Supreme Court" and the people have spoken.
It's amazing how many people don't even know how our country works.

Each of us is guaranteed equal protection under the law by our Constitution. "We the people" cannot vote away the civil rights of anyone else. The courts decide matters of constitutional civil rights, and they will eventually decide on this matter too.

Take a freaking high school civics class for chrizakes. Sheesh.
arnulfo

Lubbock, TX

#26 Nov 18, 2008
sounds to me that you should move to were you are excepted and be with your kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pink Flamingos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As Confederate Monuments Come Down in 65% Black... Feb '16 Go Blue Forever 2
News Philly Drag Queen Offends With 9/11-Themed Perf... (Sep '14) Oct '14 TEFLON RABBI 2
News DVD review: 'Desperate Living' (Sep '14) Sep '14 signs 1
News Exploitation Films, Made for the Art-House (Sep '14) Sep '14 signs 1
News Model citizen? (Dec '10) Dec '10 Alvin A 1
News Roseanne Barr tops lineup for new Mich. laugh fest (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sneaky Pete 1
News Nothing says Christmas like a twisted Santa (Dec '08) Dec '08 Merry Christmas 1
More from around the web