TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Link...

TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Linkletter dies

There are 4 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 26, 2010, titled TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Linkletter dies. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

In this June 27, 2006 file photo, TV personality Art Linkletter poses for a photo at his office in Los Angeles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

policemom

Duarte, CA

#1 May 26, 2010
Rest in peace. You gave my family wonderful laughter and many fun filled moments over these many years. Our favorite was always, "Kids Say the Darndest Things"
ole Bob

Norwalk, CA

#2 May 26, 2010
Art was a geat showman. He was the MC for the opening day at Disneyland on July 17, 1955. Everything that could go wrong with a broadcast happened that day, but Art made it appear seamless.

The People Are Funny show opened with the entire studio audience laughing loudly. This was acomplished by having some large middle age men putting on women's clothing in the front row.

Art was one of the kindest people one could ever meet.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#3 May 26, 2010
Boy, my family really enjoyed his show....wish they would do a special, about him and all the hilarious conversations he had with the kids....priceless...he was a great human.....
Sis in Whittier

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 27, 2010
Rest in Peace Mr. Linkletter. As a child, we rarely watched TV with the exception of his fine and funny shows, and those of Lawrence Welk. Wish kids could have the quality of these shows to enjoy today. God bless his family during this very sad time, but be comforted in knowing that he is safely wrapped in the Lord's warm and loving arms forever more; no more pain or sadness as he experiences the best He has promised those who believe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

People Are Funny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Linkletter dies (May '10) May '10 Deer Tracks 16
News TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Linkletter dies (May '10) May '10 The News 1
News Art Linkletter, popular TV host of decades past... (May '10) May '10 Ottis Erickson 10
News TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Linkletter dies (May '10) May '10 carey529 5
News Art Linkletter | 1912-2010: TV host saw humor i... (May '10) May '10 Jeff 1
News TV's 'People Are Funny' host Art Linkletter dies (May '10) May '10 Mister D El Paso Tx 3
News Art Linkletter, host of 'People Are Funny' and ... (May '10) May '10 MKEblues 2
More from around the web