Paranormal Activity Story Discrepancies

Paranormal Activity Story Discrepancies

Steph

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 30, 2011
So here's a few things I noticed in the three movies that don't add up:

In the third movie, you see Katie and Kristi's mom and stepdad died at the end. Yet in the first movie, when the psychic is there, he's talking about negative energy bringing spirits out. Micah says "Yeah like when your mom comes to visit." to Katie and she gives him a glaring look. This sort of eludes to the fact that her mom's alive. I thought maybe the grandmother brainwashed them to think SHE was their mom or something? I dunno how else you can explain it unless Katie and Kristi were adopted by someone else, but she never mentions it to the psychic. Katie says the events occurred when she was 8 and then there was a fire at the house. In 3, I saw nothing about a fire.

She also said more of the events happened when she was 13 or so.

Also I had thought Katie was older than Kristi, considering Katie was a college student and Kristi was a mom, and Katie looked older. She also said as a kid the demon was always standing at the foot of her bed, never Kristi's. There was no mention of Toby being Kristi's imaginary friend. And the parents' deaths weren't mentioned until the second movie "You don't want to end up like mom do you?" Maybe this was brainwashing from the grandmother too?

I really hope 4 will tie up all these loose ends. I love the movies but once they started trying to fit everything together all the loose ends bugged me.
Sean

Texas City, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2011
I couldn't more. My girlfriend and I immediately went home and watched right after we saw #3. We also found these same discrepancies as you mentioned. Nothing was ever mentioned about their parents dying and nothing ever mentioned about a house fire. We were wondering if the writers even bothered to go back and see what they wrote in the first one. Hope this all ties together in the next one.
Jaime

Bellevue, WA

#3 Jan 18, 2013
I too noticed these flaws. It comes off like a fanfic that was written out of order and not double checked for flaws. none of it made sense. Maybe we should write the producers.... lol
Jaime

Bellevue, WA

#4 Jan 18, 2013
To add to my earlier post, something I found about these issues:

http://screenrant.com/paranormal-activity-end...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paranormal Activity 3 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
paranormal 1 and 2 question (Nov '11) Nov '11 chris 1
News 'Paranormal Activity 3' has a scary-good love a... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Alex 1
More from around the web