'I'm delighted to win'

'I'm delighted to win'

There are 3 comments on the Thisislondon.co.uk story from Feb 6, 2006, titled 'I'm delighted to win'. In it, Thisislondon.co.uk reports that:

So, I say to Ralph Fiennes, The Constant Gardener has won loads of awards, you're up for a Bafta for your part in it - which means an Oscar nomination must surely follow - and you've just been named Best Actor ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thisislondon.co.uk.

royal reed

AOL

#1 May 30, 2006
mr. fiennes is a talented actor. when i hear stuff like his relationship is ending, or ms. annis is dumping him, or he cheated. i always remember he's somebody's son, he's a person, he's human,and he's not perfect first. then i realize it's not my business, and i have no rights to judge. he provides me with quality work with his movies, his stage work etc. all the awards he receives are well deserved. he deseves so much more.
zsuzsanna

Tunyogmatolcs, Hungary

#2 Jun 6, 2006
Nobody has the right to middle in such private affairs as love, liaison etc. even if he or she's a journalist. An actor should be judged by his acting (which is marvellous) and has the right to keep his emotional and sexual life secret. This "end of the affair" touched him terribly. the pics showed him disheveled and very sad. It's no wonder that his Faith Healer performance was significantly better in New York than in Dublin. The timing of the scandal was perfect: it costed him perhaps his BAFTA or even his Oscar nomination. It was a nice plot!
moonstone

Mahone Bay, Canada

#3 Jun 22, 2006
The media has their job to do and do they do, and with relish!!
They dont care who they hurt so long as they sell their rags and make their almight dollar!! At whos expense you might ask, thats just it, at anyones, it doesnt matter a fig to them, and they sleep at night in the knowledge that, "its only my job!"
Hurrah, i hope, someday it wont be your son or daughter that is caught up in the frenzy, because if it is, expect no mercy, you will reap what you sew, so says the old line, does it not??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Onegin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Praise of Voldemort and Snape: Why Ralph Fie... (Jul '11) Aug '11 joeyb 2
More from around the web