Obama says his ears too big for Mount...

Obama says his ears too big for Mount Rushmore -- Primaries, So...

There are 19 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 31, 2008, titled Obama says his ears too big for Mount Rushmore -- Primaries, So.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Democrat Barack Obama paid an unscheduled late-night visit to Mount Rushmore Friday, visiting the national memorial at closing time and joking that his ears were too big to ever be included in such a display.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Mav

United States

#1 May 31, 2008
So is his ego.
FAL

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 May 31, 2008
How presumptuous of him to even assume he would be of the caliber to be up there to begin with. Forget about his ears, his ego may be far too large to fit thru a doorway. This guy frightens me.
John

Evanston, IL

#3 May 31, 2008
He won't be elected anyhow, so no need to worry about his big ears.
annjilly

Chicago, IL

#4 May 31, 2008
To even suggest to the American people his ears are too big for Mt. Rushmore how about his EGO. I agree with Mav.
Lefty

Lombard, IL

#5 May 31, 2008
He is running for President and he never visited "Mt. Rushmore" what kind of American is he??
Lefty

Lombard, IL

#6 May 31, 2008
He did visit Africa correct?? And he was learning all about the African culture - but he has never done it in America until he is running for Presiden.
Is he American or African?? And please, don't tell me he is African American. Either you are a 100% home grown American or you were born somewhere else and migrated to this great country.
Tom

United States

#7 May 31, 2008
If we could put one more president on Mt. Rushmore it would be Reagan.
lauren

Stevensville, MI

#8 May 31, 2008
Lighten up people. I am no fan of Obama but you must admit he said a funny thing.

BTW all the candidates have big egos. I think you have to have a big ego to want to be president of the United States no?
Hilldog

Munster, IN

#9 May 31, 2008
Hey Barry don't quit your day job you terrorist loving moron.
Stone Thrower

Chelsea, MA

#10 May 31, 2008
Um...FAL, someone asked him if he would want his face carved on Mt. Rushmore and that was his response. It didn't come of out no where.

Lefty, seriously?? So a definition of a real American is someone who spends time visiting national monuments? "Learning about American culture" I think working in the inner-city of Chicago qualifies as learning about American culture. Oh, did you mean your limited view of American culture?? Then yes, if he was going to be that way, according to your logic he should also not travel to other countries because we don't need a president who is worldly.

I don't know why I bother. Haters are out there and love to post their hatred.

vit

Since: Oct 07

West Town, Chicago

#11 May 31, 2008
I've never been to Rushmore either, I suppose I should turn over my passport now as I'm not a 'real american'.
OHgof6

Greenville, NC

#12 May 31, 2008
Lefty wrote:
He is running for President and he never visited "Mt. Rushmore" what kind of American is he??
So the main criteria for being a presidential candidate is visiting Mt. Rushmore and wearing a "made in China" flag pin. How sad!

Wonder if McCain and Hillary have been there before the current primaries? Maybe you should check that out before you vote Lefty.
Jeremy

Cicero, IL

#13 May 31, 2008
Please tell me that Obama didn't REALLY think the film, "North by Northwest" was filmed on the front of the real monument. Cary Grant must be rolling his eyes around in Heaven or whereever he is about now.
jason

Geneva, IL

#14 May 31, 2008
Yea, lefites are egoist, I never hear the right wing crack jobs say Bush will go down as one of the greatest presidents in history. Please.

Hell, at least the lefties dont kill people for false pretenses and a revenge trip. Whats worse, finishing daddys job instead of tackling the real issues then claiming the job is done well before it is or joking about being on a monument?

Get a brain. Think for yourselves right wing lapdogs.
Recordo

Homestead, FL

#15 May 31, 2008
jason wrote:
Yea, lefites are egoist, I never hear the right wing crack jobs say Bush will go down as one of the greatest presidents in history. Please...
But he will. I'll even give you odds. Obama won't win against McCain and Bush will get a postage stamp and be resurrected just as Ronald Reagan was. Mark my words...
OHgof6

Greenville, NC

#16 May 31, 2008
Recordo wrote:
<quoted text>But he will. I'll even give you odds. Obama won't win against McCain and Bush will get a postage stamp and be resurrected just as Ronald Reagan was. Mark my words...
Bush may get a stamp but it will be in a group with Bozo, the 3 Stooges and other noted clowns.

Since: Jan 08

Clovis, CA

#17 May 31, 2008
obama is gtoss. a bad, bad choice for america.

Since: Jan 08

Clovis, CA

#18 May 31, 2008
Bush is the biggest idiot we've had in the white house in a long long time.

a Clinton is the only answer for the USA. Hillary, with Bill behind her, is the best thing we can do. Bring back the decent economy, please!
TFW

Chicago, IL

#19 May 31, 2008
Being self deprecating is the mark of a good leader. For you on the right, that means being able to poke fun at your self. W has shown that recently but only with his final lap in view and not on any relevant issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North by Northwest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cary Grant's daughter gives birth to ... Cary B... (Sep '08) Jan '17 billmiskelly 71
News Grand Central transformed into time capsule (May '13) May '13 Andy 1
News 'Hitchcock' cannibalizes history (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jones 3
News Cary Grant Turns 106 (Feb '10) Jun '10 Loving Cary 2
News Recasting the Cold War as the Hitchcock Years (Jun '10) Jun '10 triple6vamp 1
News Happy Birthday, Alfred Hitchcock, Master of Sus... (Mar '10) Apr '10 hhiu55 2
North by Northwest shirts (Dec '08) Dec '08 Adam 1
More from around the web