Movies TOO BIG for the small, small s...

Movies TOO BIG for the small, small screen of your computer

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Movies TOO BIG for the small, small screen of your computer. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Movies are increasingly creeping online, as video sites like YouTube and Hulu are adding feature films to their extensive libraries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

David V

Highland Park, IL

#1 Nov 30, 2008
Who are you kidding? People have been watching 'em on 12" TVs for years!
msk

Oranjestad, Aruba

#2 Nov 30, 2008
I am not sure that I understand the point of this article. What size screen is too small? What about sound? Given the argument presented, watching at home on my 60" plasma with surround sound speakers would not be good enough for these films. With this snobbish argument, we should insist that the movie industry not release certain movies to dvd or blu ray since it would be impossible to get the true experience anywhere outside an imax theater.
Rod Bell

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 30, 2008
Jake. Jake!! 2001: A Space Odyssey.--You're right about Barry Lyndon, but I've gotta wonder if you've ever watched 2001 on a big screen? Not one of those extra-large flat panels found all too often in so-called movie theaters, but a big puppy, with good sound and a bit of a curve to the screen (2001 was more a Cinerama type film, after all). 2001, Jake. My God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North by Northwest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cary Grant's daughter gives birth to ... Cary B... (Sep '08) Jun '16 Kitty Lynchable 67
News Grand Central transformed into time capsule (May '13) May '13 Andy 1
News 'Hitchcock' cannibalizes history (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jones 3
News Cary Grant Turns 106 (Feb '10) Jun '10 Loving Cary 2
News Recasting the Cold War as the Hitchcock Years (Jun '10) Jun '10 triple6vamp 1
News Happy Birthday, Alfred Hitchcock, Master of Sus... (Mar '10) Apr '10 hhiu55 2
North by Northwest shirts (Dec '08) Dec '08 Adam 1
More from around the web