CNN's Soledad O'Brien to ride as "Mrs...

CNN's Soledad O'Brien to ride as "Mrs. Big Stuff" in this year's Zulu parade

There are 2 comments on the Times-Picayune story from Dec 23, 2008, titled CNN's Soledad O'Brien to ride as "Mrs. Big Stuff" in this year's Zulu parade. In it, Times-Picayune reports that:

CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien will join local New Orleans attorney Stephen Rue as 'Mr. and Mrs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Picayune.

Delonn

San Diego, CA

#1 Jan 7, 2009
It is my understanding that only the Zulu King and Queen have the option to wear the "Black Face". Does Soledad get an excemption?
Del

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Soledad did not ride, she refuse to wear the "Black Face". She requested, but was denied an exemption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southwest restoring Oakland nonstops to New Orl... Dec '14 Angry White Unite... 1
News Happy Birthday, Louis Armstrong, Legendary Jazz... (Feb '13) May '13 yessika 4
News New $650M terminal planned for New Orleans airport (Apr '13) Apr '13 TLM 1
News Louisiana group wants to move Frontier Airlines... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Stanislav Smirnov 3
News Louisiana group wants to move Frontier Airlines... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Last thing Fronti... 2
News Church's first African-American president empha... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Victor 1
News Grammy winner Terri Lyne Carrington spotlights ... (May '12) May '12 Sadira Snape 2
More from around the web