Thompson to Pen My Fair Lady Remake

Jul 18, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PR-inside.com

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network 2008-07-17 02:54:08 - British actress EMMA THOMPSON has been commissioned to pen a screenplay for a MY FAIR LADY remake.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2010
rose petals

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

I think Emma Thompson will write a brillant screeplay. MFY looks to be getting better all the time.
Martine

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

I hope they make a remake, but Thompson alreadyb ruined it once. She is too conservative to make this work. I hated the 90's version. It has absolutely no romance. Its staid and ugly, and the cast is dreadful. Its just too Masterpiece Theater. Not what will work.
Martine

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Oh. I was hoping they were going to do a remake of Sense and Sensibility. I loved the 2005 remake of pride and Prejudice, and I have always hated the movie Sense and sensibility, especially Emma's role. She is so boring. I can't even imagine her as a young woman who is attracted to men. I picture her more as a wacky old broad taking care of a cat. But MFL...who even wants to see that? I guess it doesn't matter to me. It was stupid before, it will be stupid now. Emma Thompson will make sure its dry and dull.
Patrice

Oak Brook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Martine wrote:
Oh. I was hoping they were going to do a remake of Sense and Sensibility. I loved the 2005 remake of pride and Prejudice, and I have always hated the movie Sense and sensibility, especially Emma's role. She is so boring. I can't even imagine her as a young woman who is attracted to men. I picture her more as a wacky old broad taking care of a cat. But MFL...who even wants to see that? I guess it doesn't matter to me. It was stupid before, it will be stupid now. Emma Thompson will make sure its dry and dull.
Martine, I think that you're a complete moron. Emma is brilliant. Her writing of and acting in "Sense and Sensibility" were brilliant. She's sexy. She's talented, and you're a complete idiot with absolutely NO TASTE, critical or otherwise, whatsoever.
uggpark

Putian, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

[url=http://www.uggpark.com]UG G Boots, Slippers and Shoes.Safe & Fast & Cheap UGG Boots on sale.Shop the newest styles & classic favorites today.[/url]
uggpark

Putian, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

[url=http://www.avrilbags.com] High Quality Freeshipping and the Discount CHANEL Handbags in our CHANEL Store[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent My Fair Lady Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locarno to Pay Tribute to 'My Fair Lady' Direct... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eric Saucier 1
Saturday Night Cinema: My Fair Lady (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rare Audrey Footage 1
Surprise Me (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rare Audrey Footage 1
5 Things to Know in Murrieta: Jan. 13 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 1
From Kate Middleton to Aishwarya Rai, Flowers &... (Jan '12) Nov '12 Ash 4
Keira Knightley May Be New 'Fair Lady' - But wi... (Jun '08) Jul '12 Aaron Troy 9
Marilyn Monroe's famed 'Seven Year Itch' dress ... (Jun '11) Jul '11 secret service 2

Search the My Fair Lady Forum:
•••
•••