Mae West: Max C. Freedman

Written in 1953 and first recorded by the Italian-American band Sonny Dae and His Knights [Arcade label], it became a phenomenal hit instead for a country music performer Bill Haley [1925 - 1981]. When Bill Haley & His Comets recorded it [Decca label] on 12 April 1954, the front man was pushing 30 and looked older. Full Story
hacen

Algeria

#1 Apr 8, 2011
i am from algeria ...i tell you something ...i am 43 and i learned english ..idioms ..american accent thanks to mr BILL HALEY..skinny minnie ..dim dim the light..hotdog buddy buddy ..abc boogie ..don't knock the rock ..shake rattle roll..rock around the clock ..mambo rock ..rock this joint etcc....are the best rockabilly and western swing songs of all time...bill haley will always be not the father of rock n roll but THE KING as welll...email:souheila40@yahoo .fr
aidan heggarty

Leicester, UK

#2 Jul 20, 2012
so true bill haley music is the very best of rocknroll , the real deal they had a magic beat that still echos around the world today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High School Musical Fans Are Growing Up (Jan '14) 11 hr Big mike 36
A Harvard professor explains Daoism, with help ... Wed ShibumiMC 1
'Motown: The Musical' opens at the Orpheum Thea... Wed Tom 2
How Michael Jackson factors into Nike's $10M la... Tue Sleepingboy 32
Send Your Messages To Patrick Swayze (Mar '08) Mon Janet McCain 420
I'm still alive, says Patrick Swayze from hospi... (Apr '09) Dec 12 dirty dancing 13
All Possibilities: The 'Purple Rain' Story Dec 11 Sleepingboy 20
More from around the web