Mae West: Max C. Freedman

Mae West: Max C. Freedman

There are 2 comments on the Mae West in New York story from Jan 8, 2011, titled Mae West: Max C. Freedman. In it, Mae West in New York reports that:

Written in 1953 and first recorded by the Italian-American band Sonny Dae and His Knights [Arcade label], it became a phenomenal hit instead for a country music performer Bill Haley [1925 - 1981]. When Bill Haley & His Comets recorded it [Decca label] on 12 April 1954, the front man was pushing 30 and looked older.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mae West in New York.

hacen

Algeria

#1 Apr 8, 2011
i am from algeria ...i tell you something ...i am 43 and i learned english ..idioms ..american accent thanks to mr BILL HALEY..skinny minnie ..dim dim the light..hotdog buddy buddy ..abc boogie ..don't knock the rock ..shake rattle roll..rock around the clock ..mambo rock ..rock this joint etcc....are the best rockabilly and western swing songs of all time...bill haley will always be not the father of rock n roll but THE KING as welll...email:[email protected] .fr
aidan heggarty

Nottingham, UK

#2 Jul 20, 2012
so true bill haley music is the very best of rocknroll , the real deal they had a magic beat that still echos around the world today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why "Revolver" still matters: The 50th annivers... 4 hr Beatles Drop On C... 2
News 'Do The Right Thing' Cast: Where Are They Now? Sep 27 Old Sam 1
News Race issues, election give relevance to "LBJ" b... Sep 17 Cheech the Conser... 5
News Lemmy Celebrates 70th With Rock Star Pals In Lo... (Dec '15) Sep 17 T bobe 2
News American at home in Afghanistan, with some help... Sep 15 nativewalk 2
News Kevin Bacon loves Baconfest invite, is sorry he... Sep 14 PFfff 1
News Transgender actress Alexis Arquette, of the Arq... Sep 14 Beauty QUEEN 4
More from around the web