Statement From Westport Country Playh...

Statement From Westport Country Playhouse On Paul Newman's Death

There are 5 comments on the WNBC New York story from Sep 27, 2008, titled Statement From Westport Country Playhouse On Paul Newman's Death. In it, WNBC New York reports that:

WESTPORT, Conn. -- Westport Country Playhouse's artistic director Anne Keefe issued the following statement in regard to the death of Paul Newman , who has been associated with the Playhouse since 2000: 'The ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNBC New York.

Marshall Saul Stackman

Elmhurst, NY

#1 Sep 27, 2008
He was a man with a "great heart" and a "great talent", and a "great sense" of right and wrong. I am grateful as an American to have seen him perform in film and in the theatre. He had a unique and uplifting "presence" in almost everything he did in his professional and in his private life. He will be missed, and he will "always be remembered." My heart goes out to his wife, Joanne Woodward, and his children and grandchildren.
Richard Brooks

Secaucus, NJ

#2 Sep 27, 2008
will always remember Paul as the "quick on his feet" trail blazing actor; my gosh, I've watched The Sting a 100x's!
but Cool Hand Luke will always be the film I remember him by. sometimes its cool to have a hand of nothing...what a classic!

God Bless him and his family.
Genny Vaught

Paducah, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2008
Not only have I admired him for MANY years (actually, had a crush on him!!), but I believe I have seen all his movies and just thought he and Joanne were the "perfect" couple and thoroughly enjoyed going to see anything they were in, together or without the other. Talk about charisma, talent and dignity, he definately had it all. He will definatley be missed by the movie industry, his peers, the racing world, his fans, for sure and above all, his family.
God bless you all and our prayers go out to your family.
Terri S

Durham, CT

#4 Sep 28, 2008
Dear Mr. Newman, Thank you sharing your gift of talent and unselfishness. You are a legend and a true gentleman and you will be deeply missed.
Maryann Simmons

Katonah, NY

#5 Sep 29, 2008
Paul Newman, though I did not know him personally, seems like a great down to earth human being who loved doing things for people! I loved him as an actor and as a person who just loved to help charities. I will miss seeing him on the screen and my love and sympathy goes out to his wife Joanne and their family. My ex-husband was from Westport and I do know a lot of history of Westport and the town he lived in and loved. I past the farmhouse once with a hope of getting a glimse of him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mr. & Mrs. Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Email this Article (Oct '06) Jun '07 Candy Williams 2
More from around the web