Italian Partisans to Protest Spike Le...

Italian Partisans to Protest Spike Lee's World War II Film

There are 21 comments on the afp.google.com story from Oct 1, 2008, titled Italian Partisans to Protest Spike Lee's World War II Film. In it, afp.google.com reports that:

A dozen of the anti-Fascist partisans who were present during the Nazi massacre during World War II and about 50 survivors contest Spike Lee's version, according to the Italian daily La Stampa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at afp.google.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joseywales outlaw

Cambridge, MA

#1 Oct 1, 2008
i wonder what spike would say if someone deciced to make a movie about the moors who were mostly black muslims who raped and murdered countless numbers of europeans in italy,spain,and other countries,i bet little spikes panties would get all up in a bunch,little racists fraud.
cecco

AOL

#3 Oct 1, 2008
joseywales outlaw wrote:
i wonder what spike would say if someone deciced to make a movie about the moors who were mostly black muslims who raped and murdered countless numbers of europeans in italy,spain,and other countries,i bet little spikes panties would get all up in a bunch,little racists fraud.
moors werent black though, they were like berbers in appearence.
I BOOTLEG DVDS

Luzerne, PA

#4 Oct 1, 2008
spike lee is a token black director in 99 percent white hollyweird.

“Obama said the USA is "one ”

Since: Mar 08

nation under Allah"? PROVE IT!

#6 Oct 1, 2008
50 protestors? Wow thats more people than will show up to see this movie when it opens......

Since: Oct 08

Stoney Creek, Canada

#7 Oct 1, 2008
it's just a movie (made up story)!
Tony

Milan, Italy

#10 Oct 2, 2008
You've got to put it into the context of Italian history and the desperate attempts at denial of fascism by some parts of the Italian populus. It's still quite a fascist country in some aspects and so people who attempted to fight against that are concerned that their efforts are being sullied. Dolce vita did this yesterday: http://www.blogdolcevita.com/post/942/controv...
Spike himself says it's a fictional movie, as does the guy who wrote the book
Twopack

Water View, VA

#11 Oct 2, 2008
This movie sucked donkey balls. It's slow, ponderous, confusing and muddled, and a total waste of almost 3 hours! I'm glad that I didn't pay any money to see it. Spike Lee is a joke. I like how how he says nobody tells him how to make a movie, yet he has the balls to tell a legend (Eastwood) how they should've made a movie. The movie made $3.4 mil after opening in 1200 theaters over the weekend...can you say SUCKS?
I BOOTLEG DVDS

Luzerne, PA

#12 Oct 2, 2008
Twopack wrote:
This movie sucked donkey balls. It's slow, ponderous, confusing and muddled, and a total waste of almost 3 hours! I'm glad that I didn't pay any money to see it. Spike Lee is a joke. I like how how he says nobody tells him how to make a movie, yet he has the balls to tell a legend (Eastwood) how they should've made a movie. The movie made $3.4 mil after opening in 1200 theaters over the weekend...can you say SUCKS?
but, spike lee will still get paid millions, to make more junk, for the next 20 years!
jono

Lemont, IL

#13 Oct 2, 2008
I can't believe I paid to see this movie. Can anyone say "BORING"!!!
GrumpyGuy

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2008
cecco wrote:
<quoted text>
moors werent black though, they were like berbers in appearence.
Some where black , but most where not.
The Moors did use a large number of Ghulams( Slave soldiers) and they included Tuareg's and some blacks
But as far a betrayal goes, Italy was involved in a Civil war from 1943 to 1945 and there was a lot of backstabbing , betrayals and other unpleasant things going on.

“DON"T TOUCH MY JUNK !”

Since: Jun 08

Gulf Coast

#15 Oct 2, 2008
Spike Lee is a Raciest.He made this FICTION film to counter his personnel problem with Clint Eastwood.

Better he made a film about the Tuskegee Airmen,Or the fantastic work of black troops in the efforts of logistics during the war.Both of these endeavors by black people helped win the war.
This NAZI massacre is well documented for those who want the facts.

Spike Lee,is one of those Angry black guys,with Fierce inferiority complexes.Get A Life spike!!
abeetz

West Haven, CT

#16 Oct 2, 2008
Spike screwed up Malcomb, why not this too?
Koloydal

Magnetic Springs, OH

#17 Oct 2, 2008
I love it how Spike Lee thinks he knows more about what happened in WWII than surviving WWII soldiers. Get over yourself Mr Lee, and try making a good movie for a change.
joseywales outlaw

Cambridge, MA

#18 Oct 2, 2008
Koloydal wrote:
I love it how Spike Lee thinks he knows more about what happened in WWII than surviving WWII soldiers. Get over yourself Mr Lee, and try making a good movie for a change.
exactly right koloydal! the ironic thing is if it was thousands of black soldiers instead of white soldiers who died in ww2,and a white person wanted to make a movie about it,the little bigot spike lee would be crying about how whitey has no buisness writing about blacks expierences,but it's ok for him to write about someone else's.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#19 Oct 2, 2008
To quote an old English guy ...
"much ado about nothing"
Chrobry

United States

#20 Oct 2, 2008
I feel deep sorrow for the 560 victims of the massacre. However, today is October 2, 2008 and the 64th anniversary of the fall of the Warsaw Uprising during which the Germans massacred more than 200,000 civilians over the course of 63 days in reprisal for the uprising which began on August 1, 1944. Meanwhile, the Red Army stood east of the city and failed to assist the guerrillas because Stalin ordered them to standby and witness the Nazi German-perpetrated crime.

Since: Oct 08

Stoney Creek, Canada

#21 Oct 3, 2008
abeetz wrote:
Spike screwed up Malcomb, why not this too?
lol.
Edson

Brighton, UK

#23 Jan 13, 2009
joseywales outlaw wrote:
I'm from Portugal so i know my history and also Spain's History, i can say the moors did more for the Iberia (Portugal and Spain) in the years they spent here than the Iberians itself. And u can't consider a Moroccan, a Mauritanian, a Tunisian, a Egyptian black or u r one of those guys that says that everyone that comes from Africa has to be black?
Tony

Basking Ridge, NJ

#25 Jan 14, 2009
joseywales outlaw wrote:
What's with Spike?

He probably likes anti-Italian shows like the Sopranos also.

After all he made that one movie where the Blacks "righteously" destroyed that Italian Pizzaria at the end.

Bunch of racist monkeys!
george

United States

#26 Jan 16, 2009
lets not get into rape and murder and persecution in italy when mussolini went to ethopia to enslave murder and rape that black nation at the end of the day the whole world is fucked up deal with it~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miracle at St. Anna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Inside Buffalo" film tells hidden history of A... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Jari 2
News Spike Lee's Heavy Artillery Blasts 'St. Anna' (Sep '08) Jul '09 brad 19
News 'Miracle at St. Anna,' 'Frozen River' two of 20... (Feb '09) Jul '09 brad 4
News 'Miracle at Santa Ana' a gritty look at war (Oct '08) Mar '09 Parking 4
News Worst Films of 2008 (Feb '09) Feb '09 Just me Wolfie 13
News Spike Lee's "Miracle at St. Anna" One Man's Mas... (Sep '08) Feb '09 Andrew_M 5
News New on DVD: Feb. 10, 2009 (Feb '09) Feb '09 debby and sal 1
More from around the web