Spike Lee's "Miracle at St. Anna" One Man's Massacre is anothers Miracle

Sep 10, 2008 Full story: www.annoticoreport.com

Spike Lee who has a history of Anti Italian American Portrayals, (like "Do the Right Thing" and "Jungle Fever") is rather sadistic, morbid, and crass in his selection of the city of Sant'Anna di Stazzema, site of a German massacre of 560 Italian Civilians during WWII, in Lee's attempt to glorify the military combat contributions of blacks during WWII. Lee also takes great license, and engages in great distortion

Full Story
Suthon

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2008
Lees a racist penius
Lee

Washington, DC

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Yeah, and you, my friend are a "genis!"
Corleone

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2008
Lee hates Italians

Cause when he was a kid the pizza man
smacked his face for cursing and he never forgave him, Lee is oh so racist if this was a whitey
director there would be riots

The American soldiers got hammered saving Italy
But the Italians unlike many other ungrateful
scum, never foget who saved their asses.

Their Present PM Berlosconi is one true US Allie
who lost his first government for standing Iraq
and takin crap fromhis communist coalition
partners in the government
Augh

AOL

#4 Sep 18, 2008
Don't mind it as long as you keep it truthful, but not when you re-write history and call it a true story
Andrew_M

Daly City, CA

#5 Feb 17, 2009
Unfortunately, Spike Lee needs to converse with someone that has a historical wartime background before embarking upon such an ambitious - and clearly inaccurate endeavor. Basic oversight's such as the observance of the Blackout and out-of-period conversation cannot be ignored. Spike Lee cannot be allowed rewrite history just because it "appears so" in a Hollywood movie. While "Buffalo Soldiers" were often confronted with racial prejudice from other members of the U.S. Army, the confrontations outlined in the movie were painfully overstretched - showing Spike Lee's anger and racism to be the enemy - and not the German forces they were supposed to be fighting. "The best war movie since Saving Private Ryan"? Nope. Not even. You have a long way to go before claiming that accolade. RT gave this 33%- I personally wouldn't be so kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miracle at St. Anna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Inside Buffalo" film tells hidden history of A... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Jari 2
Spike Lee's Heavy Artillery Blasts 'St. Anna' (Sep '08) Jul '09 brad 19
'Miracle at St. Anna,' 'Frozen River' two of 20... (Feb '09) Jul '09 brad 4
'Miracle at Santa Ana' a gritty look at war (Oct '08) Mar '09 Parking 4
Worst Films of 2008 (Feb '09) Feb '09 Just me Wolfie 13
New on DVD: Feb. 10, 2009 (Feb '09) Feb '09 debby and sal 1
Italian Partisans to Protest Spike Lee's World ... (Oct '08) Feb '09 Sophia 21
More from around the web