One on one with Streisand

One on one with Streisand

There are 9 comments on the The Victoria Star story from Feb 4, 2009, titled One on one with Streisand. In it, The Victoria Star reports that:

Barbra Streisand remembers the buzz generated before she started filming the musical Yentl, and it wasn't particularly good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Victoria Star.

Maureen

Fareham, UK

#1 Feb 4, 2009
Thought I would use this topic to discuss Barbra's new CD as the 2006 DVD one is becoming quite long. Several points, in this interview when asked about Obama's Inauguration she replied she was supposed to go and was asked. Was this to sing or just attend? We were lead to believe that she was in the finishing processes of her new album. Her and Diana were in the recording studio in November, then again last month. Again when asked about a duet her reply was she is trying to convince Diana to sing with her, and also choosing the right song. We all know Diana is pretty tied up now for the next few months touring, so is this album finished or not? I always thought there would be a follow up to "Meet The Fockers", so I for one am pleased about this. For those expecting Barbra in a more challenging role will be disappointed, but hey, she has fun making these movies. I also believed her next big venture would be behind the camera, once again Directing. Of course the speculation will start about what this long running project will be. Perhaps it is something that no one is aware of!! I'm just pleased that she is talking about and planning once again new material.

Since: Aug 08

Rendsburg, Germany

#2 Feb 5, 2009
So true! Hopefully we get a lot this year!
And Barbra please don't make us wait so long, again!
daveyrh

Mckinney, TX

#3 Feb 6, 2009
I read the interview and got the impression that she might want to (finally) direct "The Normal Heart," as she said it was a film she'd been wanting to do for years. Does anyone agree with that? It would be lovely to see this film made after all the work that went into it over a decade ago now. Larry Kramer says her perseverance drove him crazy and kept him alive.
Maureen

Fareham, UK

#4 Feb 7, 2009
This rumour has been circulating for years, it is a possibility.
BabsRox

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2009
After the many dismal and disappointing recent performances we've seen, Barbra owes us bigtime. I have been waiting for a pure Jazz album forever and now that 'the voice' has apparently taken on an entirely shall we say 'different' sound (ouch)
, it should be a good fit. As long as she stays away from the belting, she should be brilliant as ever. I liked Meet the Fockers, but looking back, I think it was more just seeing Barbra in ANY comedy again, than the subpar material itself
. As far as The Normal Heart goes; let it go .. that shipped sailed years ago. Besides, they (the geniuses in Hollyweird) just did MILK, and no one really cares.
Maureen

Fareham, UK

#6 Feb 10, 2009
BabsRox wrote:
After the many dismal and disappointing recent performances we've seen, Barbra owes us bigtime. I have been waiting for a pure Jazz album forever and now that 'the voice' has apparently taken on an entirely shall we say 'different' sound (ouch)
, it should be a good fit. As long as she stays away from the belting, she should be brilliant as ever. I liked Meet the Fockers, but looking back, I think it was more just seeing Barbra in ANY comedy again, than the subpar material itself
. As far as The Normal Heart goes; let it go .. that shipped sailed years ago. Besides, they (the geniuses in Hollyweird) just did MILK, and no one really cares.
BabyRox I agree with almost everything you say. Yes, her new album is certainly something to look forward to, and I also think those belting days are over. I want to see Barbra behind the camera once more but not with Normal Heart. She should have done that about 5-10 years ago, whilst the topic was still making headlines. I would like to see her Direct a film about one of the GREAT women of 21st Century, and there have been many. I also liked her in "Meet The Fockers", why? because she was funny, that's when I love her the most. She has said herself that it looks like there will be a sequel, so she must have been asked. Going back to her directing a film, I would love to see her involved with a film about Eva Cassidy, such a tragic life she had, and so talented. With her musical background Barbra would be an ideal candidate to Direct this. I feel not enough people know about Eva and her music, those that do hear it for the first time fall in love with it, and are smitten.

Since: May 08

Toronto, Canada

#7 Feb 12, 2009
wow, you guys all have awesome posts. I'm going to put a stop to that trend.
all i ahve to say is, the more barb the merrier.
the Yentl release is sweet by the way. Deleted scenes and her interviews about the cast members is gold! pure gold.
Andrew Wang

Fairfax, VA

#8 Feb 12, 2009
Streisand tells the truth about Bush.

“‘We have a president who was selected rather than elected. He stole the presidency through family ties, arrogance and intimidation, employing Republican operatives to exercise the tactics of voter fraud by disenfranchising thousands of blacks, elderly Jews and other minorities’”(Barbra Streisand at BarbraStreisand.com . Retrieved November 26, 2008, from http://mindprod.com/politics/election.html ).

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Messiah College, Grantham, PA
Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

Since: May 08

Toronto, Canada

#9 Feb 18, 2009
i like what barbra had to say about bush.

truth in every word

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meet the Fockers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holiday movies 2012: The good, the bad and the ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 oral roberts 3
News 'Little Fockers' tops; 'True Grit' surprising (Dec '10) Dec '10 oldbiker 4
News 'Little Fockers' : A lump of coal in your Chris... (Dec '10) Dec '10 nancy 2
News TV Watchers: Ben Stiller gives shout out to All... (Dec '10) Dec '10 ben stiller stinks 1
News Danner proud of singing Paltrow (Dec '10) Dec '10 crook county fix 1
News Barbra Streisand auctions items for charity (Oct '09) Oct '09 tori loves tori 1
News Scariest Movie Mothers of All Time (Aug '09) Aug '09 alfie 1
More from around the web