Around Pasadena

Around Pasadena

There are 2 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Apr 11, 2008, titled Around Pasadena. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

A state appellate court panel Thursday rejected a bid by attorneys for Phil Spector to have an "impartial" judge determine whether Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Larry P. Fidler should be disqualified from ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

Max DS

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Apr 11, 2008
I think Judge Larry P. Fidler was Mr. Spector's best chance at a fair trial. Now that he has tried to get Judge Fidler removed and failed, I can only hope that the Judge can still be just as fair but this will open up a possible appeal because now Mr. Spector can turn around and claim during the next trial that the Judge is being unfair because of the attempt to have him removed.
Interested party

Madison Heights, MI

#2 Apr 12, 2008
The simple act of claiming bias is so completely out there even for Spector. Running in circles chasing his tail like a hamster in a wire cage is all too close to what probably lies ahead for him this time around. The good judge was so fair that it seemed at times it was far kinder or fairer than Spector certainly deserved. He needs to man up and face the music and definately not his brand of ear-splitting riff-raff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

March Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scott McKenzie dies; his 'San Francisco' caught... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Wrong Thread 2
News Celebrity cases fill criminal court dockets (Jan '10) Mar '10 Kelley Lynch 6
News Legendary music producer Phil Spector guilty of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Top Turkey 15
News Spector jury goes home for weekend (Apr '09) Apr '09 Halkshaw 4
News Phil Spector guilty of second-degree murder (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bill 13
News Phil Spector Guilty of Second-Degree Murder (Apr '09) Apr '09 Chilled Out 17
News Phil Spector guilty of second degree murder (Apr '09) Apr '09 Wow 2
More from around the web