Scott McKenzie dies; his 'San Francisco' caught flower-power wave

Aug 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WPMT-TV York

Singer Scott McKenzie worked with John Phillips of the Mamas & the Papas and had a 1967 hit with 'San Francisco .' The song is often described as a 'flower-power anthem,' but he was uncomfortable with being an icon to the movement.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
sakara

Duryea, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

song writer john phillips was a child molester---ask his daugther, mckenzie.
Wrong Thread

East Hampton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Dontcha just hate it when somebody goes all off-topic? It is true that Scott and John Phillips ran in some of the same circles but what does the passing of Scott McKenzie have to do with either John or "Fucked Her Daddy When She Was An Adult" Mackenzie Phillips?

While we are adding unrelated topics to Topix, how about the fact that Scott & John knew Roman Polanski and were probably aquainted with Woody Allen as well? Creepy enuf for ya?

So, back to poor Scott. He was a great songwriter, not a one-hit-wonder at all. Even though he DIDN'T WRITE "San Francisco, Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers..." he did co-write the smash hit "Kokomo" for the Beach Boys later in their career as well.

Well, then again, upon reflection maybe he was pretty much the definition of a one-hit-wonder after all, but WHAT A ONE-HIT!!!! I hope you made sure to wear some flowers in yer hair, Scott! Love ya!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent March Discussions

Search the March Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Celebrity cases fill criminal court dockets (Jan '10) Mar '10 Kelley Lynch 6
Legendary music producer Phil Spector guilty of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Top Turkey 15
Spector jury goes home for weekend (Apr '09) Apr '09 Halkshaw 4
Phil Spector guilty of second-degree murder (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bill 13
Phil Spector Guilty of Second-Degree Murder (Apr '09) Apr '09 Chilled Out 17
Phil Spector guilty of second degree murder (Apr '09) Apr '09 Wow 2
Spector jury reaches verdict, not yet announced (Apr '09) Apr '09 Fat Kittle 1
•••
•••
•••