Polanski case highlights shift in views on sex with minors - Ha...

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

LOS ANGELES >> At the end of "Manhattan," the celebrated movie romance from 1979, a teenager played by Mariel Hemingway delivers some good news to the 42-year-old television writer, portrayed by Woody Allen, with whom she has had a long-running sexual affair.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Mokebla

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

The man is a pedophile, book'em Dano and put him on the register. He's not above any law. He'll b someones girl friend in the big house :-)!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Why is it that any other minority would be in the electric chair already yet the law is still playing around with this gringo?

But we are supposed to believe in equality and justice in our Judicial system.

Total bullshit. The man is a danger to children, WTF?
two sickos

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Didn't Woody Allen have an affair with his adopted teenage daughter and is now married to her? Why wouldn't he support Polanski, he's a sexual deviant too.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Hollywood's immorality is famous. The junky foilms they put out are an embarrassment.
raymond

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Have things really changed that much? Many people here in America are still strong in the feeling that tricking or drugging a young person for sex is completely unacceptable.

Sounds reasonable; eh?
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

Hollywood's sewer ethics hurt America.
nnifer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

What????????
I Hate Minority Racists

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Judged:

Rico from East L.A., if you have such a racist attitude toward whites, you owe it to yourself to get out of my country and go back to Mexico.
Senor

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

I Hate Minority Racists wrote:
Rico from East L.A., if you have such a racist attitude toward whites, you owe it to yourself to get out of my country and go back to Mexico.
Gringo why is it that you white people think you own America? When someone says something bad about a white child molester you tell us to leave the country and go home. We are home gringo dis place was our home(USA) before it was your home. Senor you are the one that should go home. Adios Amigo do not let de door hit you on de way out.
the thai kid

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Senor wrote:
<quoted text>
Gringo why is it that you white people think you own America? When someone says something bad about a white child molester you tell us to leave the country and go home. We are home gringo dis place was our home(USA) before it was your home. Senor you are the one that should go home. Adios Amigo do not let de door hit you on de way out.
senor its mexican trash like all your drug murders that have ruined your country....your people invented the swine flu....... yes we own america you my friend are lucky to have the freedom to come to this country legally....what the hell did your parents do as immigrants for this great nation of many ......roman polanski took this girl and sexually assaulted her while doing a photo -shoot and got chicken and fled america thus becoming a fugitive from american justice...and tell your fellow mexican countryman to keep the drugs and illegal aliens out of this great nation...THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Poi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

Hollywood and the left are mostly sick and perverted drug addicts.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Poi wrote:
Hollywood and the left are mostly sick and perverted drug addicts.
You think you have the market cornered on being "righteous?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568509,00...

Bankruptcy Filing Delays Delaware Church Sex Abuse Case
Monday, October 19, 2009

ANNAPOLIS, Maryland A sex abuse case against Delaware's Catholic Diocese of Wilmington and a former priest will be delayed after the church filed for federal bankruptcy protection on the eve of proceedings.

"..He added that the diocese hoped the bankruptcy filing "will enable us to fairly compensate all victims through a single process established by the Bankruptcy Court."

The bankruptcy filing lists the diocese's assets as being between $50 million and $100 million but said its estimated debt is between $100 million and $500 million. Lawsuit plaintiffs as well as banks and pensions were listed as creditors.

Monday's case would have been the first to come to trial under a Delaware law that created a two-year "lookback" window that allowed claims of abuse to be brought regardless of whether the statute of limitations had expired. More than 100 lawsuits were filed before the period ended this summer, with four being settled...."
And perhaps a bit more history...

http://www.counterpunch.org/sexabuse.html

"The Case of Father Jerry

In 1996, a senior official in the Catholic church confided to a friend of CounterPunch, the Catholic church in America had thus far paid out $500 million to settle priest abuse cases. On July 24, 1997, a Dallas jury imposed a $119.6 million in overall damages - the largest penalty ever levied on the Catholic Church - for what was described as "grossly negligent handling" of the sexual abuses perpetrated by one priest. If the Dallas verdict holds up on appeal, the National Catholic Reporter reckons the estimated amount of pay-outs related to clergy sex abuse will approach $1 billion.

Many of such cases never reach the court filing stage and of those that do, the vast majority never go to trial. Often the testimony of the victims is so powerful that Church officials move immediately to negotiations for a settlement. We've also been told that the go-ahead for pay-outs often amounting to millions of dollars comes from Rome...."
Looks like the head office also approves of payoffs.

So tell me. Which is worst...

Having consensual sex?

Or sex abuse of a minor or abuse of power, be it against a male or female?
Tom Petty

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Polanski should just come live in Hawaii and be a little patient. The age of consent here is 14.
Grass on the infield?
Play ball!
Dr Roy Schneemann

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Michael Jackson was innocent and was judged by many (wrongly).
Polanski is guilty and must be judged!!!(5 Mln $ for the child (woman) and 1 year prison to think about this).
ladylioness

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

HEY YOU YANKS JUST FOUND OUT WHERE THE REAL CLOSE ENCOUNTERS MEET IS , ITS NOT WYOMING, ITS THE POLAR BEAR ENCLOSURE IN REGENTS PARK LONDON, I SHOULD KNOW, ASK NEAL DIAMOND, I HAM I SAID, WELL NEARLY IN HAM PSTEAD STEVEN SPELL, BERG OF IS IT BURG. WOODY WOODY I LOVE YOU WOODY.XXXXXXXXXX CAZZ
Mom of 3

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

alice wrote:
Hollywood's immorality is famous. The junky foilms they put out are an embarrassment.
Hollywood is despicable. They put lewdness and sex in almost everything they produce, and could not care less about how it affects children and teenagers. All those Hollywood scum care about is making money.
No buggering permitted

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

The homosexual community has way too much power and influence in the film, TV and "news" industries.

That is why their degenerate filth is being pumped into American homes 24/7.

It's called "recruiting."

It also explains why the Church was attacked vigorously during Holy Week immediately preceding Easter with an old story that suddenly and mysteriously grew new legs.

That is because Benedict XVI made the long overdue decision to reverse Vatican II permissiveness that allowed openly declared homosexuals to enter seminary and become priests.

And talk about IRONY: the very issue on which the Church is being raked over the coals is the DIRECT result of predatory homosexuals masquerading as priests in order to enjoy their filthy behavior at the expense of innocent CHILDREN. That's how these depraved q u e e r pedophiles get their kicks.

And NORMAL people are supposed to feel SORRY for these filthy degenerates?

PUHLEEZE!

And oh BTW it is because of their filthy and utterly reckless behavior in the San Francisco bath houses in the 1970's that incubated what started out as a very delicate, flimsy virus and incubated into the killer now known as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

It is well past time for the homosexual dregs who have arisen to such positions of power and cultural influence to be put back in the closet whehre they belong.
No buggering permitted

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

And there is no REPEAT NO cure for homosexual pedophiles.

Given ANY chance they will ALWAYS be repeat offenders.

They must be locked away for life if the safety of innocent children means anything.

Children are looked upon by these degenerate homosexual predators as FRESH MEAT.

And the younger they are, the greater the sick thrill for the homosexuals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manhattan Discussions

Search the Manhattan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Suzanne Somers, Jenny McCarthy and America's lo... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Ignore friend 2
Accent's a positive for Australian actors -- ex... (Aug '13) Aug '13 LOL 1
NYC heightens security ahead of 9/11 (Sep '11) Sep '11 shameless-li 4
Wanna cash in on gay marriage? NYers say 'I do' (Jun '11) Jun '11 truth 1
Remember that scene in New York ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 anonomous 1
'Legend' sets box office record for December op... (Oct '10) Oct '10 BackToTheFuture 1
NJ gov. scraps long-planned NJ-NY railroad tunnel (Oct '10) Oct '10 NJ Res 1
•••
•••
•••