'MacGyver' remake cobbled together fr...

'MacGyver' remake cobbled together from random items - '80s act...

There are 12 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Mar 16, 2009, titled 'MacGyver' remake cobbled together from random items - '80s act.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Richard Dean Anderson in 'MacGyver' Stock up on paper clips and bubble gum: "MacGyver" is back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

Jimmy

Viburnum, MO

#1 Mar 16, 2009
You know, this could actually be a good idea if they don't screw it up.
bjpub

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 16, 2009
I loved the show... Looking forward to seeing the movie. This was one show that seemed ahead of it's time when TV drama was good.
Dean L Kaufman

San Diego, CA

#3 Mar 16, 2009
The WB tried a remake a few years ago called "Young MacGyver" which had a pilot filmed. The star "Jared Padelecki" apparently went on to other projects when the pilot was turned down.
Rena Moretti

Rosemead, CA

#4 Mar 16, 2009
If they did it with Richard Anderson, it may actually be good.

Look for a bland (but younger) actor to be hired and the term "re-invention" to make its appearance soon.:(
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#5 Mar 16, 2009
I hear Jason Bruening is available...
Crazy Loco

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Mar 16, 2009
What a revolutionary idea! How could they possibly screw it up? Hmmm....Wait a minute... Iconic TV show from the 80's, cult following.... Remember Knight Rider. Yes, the remake made me barf in my mouth a little. Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

It will suck royally.

But I'll still watch it.
Gill Avila

Los Gatos, CA

#7 Mar 16, 2009
NO MULLETS!!!
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#8 Mar 16, 2009
Actually, I meant to say JUSTIN Bruening, but since he's a lousy actor either way, the point stands.

And I agree, no mullets. A purple spiked half-Mohawk with pink sideburns, sure...:P
Shanae

Honolulu, HI

#9 Mar 16, 2009
While I've never watched this show [yes, yes, shame on me...] I did look for the TV Movies (2) of it - alas... NEVER found it re-aired. My son, however, taped (almost) all the episodes, so one of these days, I'm gonna watch the entire show - hopefully, before it gets to the big screen. Was hoping SPIKE TV would re-air them, but they never did. Am now wondering WHO will be put in RDA's shoes...
ciaochiao

Woodstock, Canada

#10 Mar 16, 2009
There simply cannot be another Macgyver: it HAS to be Richard Dean Anderson!!
Charlie

Monticello, MN

#11 Mar 17, 2009
I loved Crazy Loco comment:

It will suck royally.

But I'll still watch it.

Laughed out loud - same here! At the end of the series Mac found out he had a son.... Use that premise and have RDA be there and there is your show! Do it right and he will probably show up to continue the franchise. IF he was willing to do it for a commercial, why not a big screen movie.
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#12 Mar 17, 2009
Charlie wrote:
I loved Crazy Loco comment:
It will suck royally.
But I'll still watch it.
Laughed out loud - same here! At the end of the series Mac found out he had a son.... Use that premise and have RDA be there and there is your show! Do it right and he will probably show up to continue the franchise. IF he was willing to do it for a commercial, why not a big screen movie.
The question is not whether Richard Anderson would do it as he undoubtedly would be very interested, it's whether the studio would rather have another one of those young non-stars that they try to cram down our throats instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MacGyver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MacGyver actor Richard Dean Anderson looks clue... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Elaine Brown 1
News Who Should Play MacGyver? (Apr '09) Jul '11 ian 3
News Summer movie preview: 'MacGruber' film brings '... (May '10) May '10 Guest 1
News Celebrity birthdays on Jan. 23 (Jan '10) Jan '10 Edison eloi filho 1
News 'Saturday Night Live' parody 'MacGruber' headed... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Hmm 3
News Macgyver- Priceless Master Card (Mar '06) Feb '09 LILIAN 3
News 'SNL,' Pepsi's MacGruber ads blow up format to ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 chicagorob1 13
More from around the web