Constant Gardener named best film

Constant Gardener named best film

There are 5 comments on the Ananova story from Jan 31, 2006, titled Constant Gardener named best film. In it, Ananova reports that:

The Constant Gardener has picked up two gongs at this year's London Evening Standard British Film Awards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ananova.

zsuzsanna

Budakeszi, Hungary

#1 Jan 31, 2006
TCG is a very interesting emotionful picture with wonderful acting. Ralph Fiennes was admirable deep sweet and tragic, he'd deserve Oscar at least for 10 years. An actor with such a large scale from Spider through Lord Voldemort or Francis Dolarhyde to Count László Almásy and Justin Quayle (not mentioned Heathcliff,his Hungarian Jewish heroes for three generations Oscar Hopkins and the (yes!) very very sexy Chris Marshall) who has heart and brain , presence and personality and an exceptional ability transformation deserves recognition. Good, that he got it here although the Academy Award jury forgot him. It's their shame!
Hannah

Frontignan, France

#2 Feb 24, 2006
Exactly zsuzsanna of Budapest!! And you have forgotten to mention Schindler's List which he should have been awarded an Oscar! Hollywood!:-(
zsuzsanna

Hungary

#3 Mar 2, 2006
Hannah, you're right! It's my shame! That was the first time I saw him and his talent fascinated me. What a humble artist who does everything for his role, even risking his health by gaining and loosing weight rapidly! It's not a physiological procedure. I think he's among the greatest actors of our age, if not the best.
zsuzsanna

Hungary

#4 Mar 3, 2006
I have to do a correction: I live permanently in Budapesst. No town or village exists in Hungary called Csángó.
Csángó is the name of a little Hungarian speaking Roman Catholic ethnic group. They started with other Hungarian tribes from East to the Carpathian Basin during the great migration but they didn't cross the Carpathian Mountains. They saved their very special Hungarian speaking culture for more than thosand years up to now.
moonstone

Mahone Bay, Canada

#5 May 1, 2006
Like i've always said, Ralph is to good of an actor to play that stupid *Hollywood* game,the days of glory are dead & gone there, all thats left is *suck-up & kiss-ass!! I hope he never gets one, hes to great an actor for that award!!
Aperfect example, Maid in Manhatten*, just a fluff piece for Jlo !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PBS brings back The Jewel in the Crown. Even Al... Apr '16 great news 2
News Emily Blunt shows off her cleavage and slender ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Simon Stephens' BLUEBIRD Plays The Tabard Theat... (May '15) May '15 Steamboat 1
News Vicious - Season One (Jul '14) Jul '14 RalphB 1
News Justin Timberlake debuted tracks from his new a... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jane 1
News Kate Middleton's post-pregnancy wardrobe (Aug '13) Aug '13 ionella 1
News 4 books about Shakespeare (Apr '06) Aug '13 ionella 3
More from around the web