Delhi gang rape case: Victim battles ...

Delhi gang rape case: Victim battles for life, 3 accused held

There are 7 comments on the The Times of India story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Delhi gang rape case: Victim battles for life, 3 accused held. In it, The Times of India reports that:

NEW DELHI: In a new low for a city already notorious as India's rape capital, a 23-year-old physiotherapy student was left battling for her life after being brutally beaten up and raped by at least five drunken men in a private bus which was audaciously driven around south Delhi localities on Sunday night even as the crime was being committed ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times of India.

Peace - UK

UK

#1 Dec 18, 2012
The young lady's pain and condition as described by the news read splits our hearts in pieces. She paid a high price for being a female. Male population is backward in many respect. Like a tiger running after an animal to grab and tear it into pieces for distribution to other animals, this lady seems to have been treated.

The media needs to describe it in such a way that it opens the hearts and brains of every male. Those male leaders in parliament need to wake up and bring in extra protection and better and very quick response for the female population. IF NOT, male population will not care. This type of news is painful and the male population is seen as the lowest species even though there is a brain and intelligence implanted in them from birth. They failed to listen to the voice within. Total misuse of the birth. What more can I say?! The news is very painful.

Written by a male.
mayuri sadh

Mumbai, India

#2 Dec 22, 2012
Everyone says that the culprits should be hanged to death , but is that a punishment for them.No in todays competetive life I feel that is a gift to those culprit who wud leave this world ,enjoy and then rest in peace .According to me their hands should be cut off, they should be made blind n left that wud make them feel the pain of the innocent girl.However, there is no comparision to girls sorrow but death is a gift n nt a punishment.every rapist must be, losing his body part in compensation to the crime made by him. PLEASE GIVE THEM SUCH A PUNISHMENT THAT THEY FEAR THE WORD RAPE.
Liz

Europe

#4 Dec 24, 2012
Pig Indians!
Jai

Ashburn, VA

#5 Dec 24, 2012
Liz, tere maa ka bhosda.
Liz

Europe

#6 Dec 25, 2012
Jai wrote:
Liz, tere maa ka bhosda.
Sorry, I don't speak filthy indian language.
ashish

Delhi, India

#7 Dec 25, 2012
Liz wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, I don't speak filthy indian language.
miss LIZ every indian is not that kind of person....so dont say like that...
VidyaSri

Netcong, NJ

#8 Dec 28, 2012
This young woman died 4 hours ago - This horrific event followed by the placid response from government officials illustrates the patriarchal value system that continues to thrive in India and is efficiently imported into the United States and other nations. With thousands of passengers flying into India everyday,and almost every Fortune 500 company actively engaged with India, we must take action as responsible citizens to address this violation of human rights. This was not just a woman who was sodomized and brutally violated - This was a human being. Please sign the Petition to the Chief Minister of Delhi now. Link to Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/sheila-diksh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Life of Pi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Artist's 'Life OF Pie' explores conflict, greed... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News 'Homeland' Season 4, Episode 3: An Intelligence... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ISI PAKI CODE 2
News 'Homeland' has eye on 4th year after Emmy snub (Jul '14) Jul '14 Please 1
News Good prospects for digital media in Taiwan: Hol... (Aug '13) Aug '13 TW_sugar_daddio 3
News Genting Malaysia Investing Over RM400 Million T... (Jul '13) Aug '13 sjdkdkdk 13
News Michael J. Fox, Mychael Danna among Canadian no... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack 1
News Is Akshay really bigger than the Khans? (Feb '13) Apr '13 arav 17
More from around the web