The Passion Of The Jesus Freak

Full story: The Galloping Beaver

Oh dear! It seems Mel Gibson got a little too cozy with a bottle of tequila while driving his Lexus.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jenna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

Dear Ocean, once again, the Europeans have so much to teach us immature Americans. You have gone through Inquistitons and many other persecutions in Europe due to religion over the centuries, and that I believe is what makes you Europeans see that religion and God are private matters that belong at home and in the heart and not shoved down the throats of others. That is a lovely philosophy about God either calling you or not. You are very wise to acknowledge such a concept. I pray that Americans don't destroy themselves due to religious stripe before they learn this. Joyeux Noel, Jenna
PS: Thanks for the Danish lesson. In Yiddish the J is pronounced as a Y as well.
Jenna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

Dear Ocean,
The question of what is happening to this country requires quite a long and complex response, but I'll attempt to be brief. Basically, when the whole Clinton affaire issue happened, American parents for the first time had to explain to their children that the presdient was a mortal man and that he cheated on his wife. No big deal, right? But the problem is that most Americans would rather have their children watch nine hours of blood and murder everyday on the television than 5 seconds of nipple (to people who think I'm being harsh, remember the Janet Jackson Superbowl nonissue?). Of course, most of the presidents had cheated before him, but under Clinton the press was finally free enough to report it and parents freaked. So they (most of America) wanted to put their heads in the sand and turn back the hands of time to a more simpler time when life was church, baseball, and apple pie. The problem is, unless you're Pol Pot, you can't undo the progress and problems that the modern age has brought and this is why there are so many religious extremists in this country. They honestly believe that the only problem in the world today is the fact that we don't live according to the Christian Scriptures. All would be solved if we just did that. Unfortunately, we can see from countries such as Iran what happens when you try to force your beliefs on others. I love the Euro attitude when it comes to religion. America is a society where the only real cultural ties are those of ones religion since we are a collection of immigrants and, in all honesty, do not share a common history once so ever. This is why I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and such because where was my family when the pilgrims came here? Like most Americans, our families were still in Europe. I believe that this is the reason why americans cling so tightly to religion even after all the scandals and myths have been uncovered. What would hold the American people together if they finally have to admit that this is one nation amongst many, not God's chosen land (as your Mormon friends would have you believe LOL! I know they're having a big problem with them in the UK as well. I'm really surprised that they were naive enough to go over to Europe. Most people in the States outside of Utah view their beliefs and pseudohistory as quite silly).I agree with you on the pork issue, but I still can't bring myself to eat un sandwich au jambon!I love your analysis of religion, sexism, and American politics. Maybe in a hundred years from now (if we don't blow ourselves up) Americans will be where Europeans are today. One can only pray, non? I wish you well, Ocean, and thanks for the thoughtful posts. Unfortunately, those who need to read and accept them the most will be the ones who reject them before reading as being antireligious because you're not forcing Christianity on anyone. Shalom et la bell paix, ma belle mer.
Jenna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

Wonderful post, Ocean. As you stated, the children are the ones who often suffer the most from this vice grip on the throat of knowledge. It's so sad. America, at one time, was quite a force in the world in terms of scientific and medical advances, but now it is the laughing stock. All the top genetic scientists are going to countries such as Singapore where they can have their research funded and supported, and also not have to worry about Christian Extremist groups accusing them of murdering babies and issuing death threats. When I came back from my Canadien schooling in the 12th grade, the American public school system was doing the same things we had done in Canada six years earlier! It really shocked me. They need to get the religious fundamentalists out of the government and begin to elect people who wish to govern with a mindset not 3,000 years old. Do they really ban people from mentioning their religious background when running for office there? God, that would be wonderful! No joke, in the last local election, we received several pamplets where very little was mentioned besides how much the candidates went to church. If I'm electing someone to office, I want them spending their time watching CNN, BBC, or some other news organization, not three hours a day in church! Perhaps that's mean, but it's true. I bet if Marilyn Manson ran for office, he'd get alot of votes from people like me who are sick of the Christian Taliban taking over everything. Europe, once again, is much wiser than its baby sister the States and its bratty brother the Middle East. The whole of life is to be found in no one book, be it the Koran or Bible. It's sad, but we actually have people here who are proud to have never read any other book besides the Bible. If you want to watch something unbelievable, go to youtube.com and type in "Root of all Evil". It's a documentary by Prof Dawkins. In it, he confronts Evangelical leader Ted Haggard for brainwashing children and for spreading lies about evolution. Just a month or two ago, it was discovered that Pastor Ted had been having an affaire with a gay prostitute and was using crystal meth with him! I died from laughter, but that's what the hypocrits get. Good, loving Christians are wonderful, but the ones who use it as a superiority trip (You're going to hell and I'm not! Ha, Ha!) are annoying and dangerous to our society and the world in general. Peace and love to you.
Jenna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2006

Hopefully love can truly conquer all. I agree with what you said about how to challenge religion is often for the psyche a challenge to everything that one holds dear, parents, country, etc. How sad. It is truly one of the worst forms of child abuse, yet nothing can be done about it. If a child learns something at school and asks his parents about it, they'll say "That's not what Jesus (or Moses or Mohammed) taught so it must be from the devil". So much paranoia about the imaginary devil! Zut alors! I pray that with your knowledge and insight you can open his mind. We all need a bit of a brain scrub from time to time! LOL!!!
En tout cas, may you sleep well and dream pleasant dreams. I'm a horrific insomniac and will probably be awake for the next ten hours. Oy vey! You are quite correct, understanding must not be forced or it will not be true understanding. May all come to learn this as well. Bonne nuit (ou bonjour, peut-etre?). A l'autre rendez-vous, Jen
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Alan Dershowitz is a classic specimen of the type of tenured vermin I clashed with at the City College of New York. Fascistic types who are full of theoretical sympathy for civil liberties and human rights so long as their own needs or pet concerns are not inconvenienced. Such Ashkenazi white racists yell "Holocaust" and "anti-semitism" the moment anyone dares to criticize them.

Basically, I support Israel and the idea of Zionim. But chauvinists like Dershowitz deserve to be tortured! I hope the ACLU takes the case of that Muslim female student expelled for quoting what the Ivory Tower Mafia found offensive, and the Supreme Court awards a painful settlement.

Jewish intellectuals like Dershowitz are a disgrace to the same Holocaust victims they always speak about.
I love you Mel

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Passion Of The Jesus Freak, huh? Maybe you should worry about your own azz, than being on here talking bad about Mel Gibson and the people that believe in Jesus Christ.

LOL.. Mel Gibson..the Jesus Freak (as you call him) was bless by God "BIG TIME" for making that movie, while the dumb ass people that have their head up their azzes didn't want to invest in his movie.
Mel put his own money in that movie, and God gave it back to him, with a lot more to spare too.

..but if you guys want to have your head up your azz, make a jackass out of yourself, and live in darkness all you life...so be it. I guess that is why they call it Heaven. No more putting up with azzhole people.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

dont think of them baby and come tlak to me
I love you Mel

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Jenna wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know Bush was Jewish. Must be, since Mel says that the Jews have caused all the wars in the world!
Ok, so what will be your excuse for Obama's BIG MESS he will make before leaving office? I guess that will be blamed on Bush too. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

I love you Mel wrote:
Passion Of The Jesus Freak, huh? Maybe you should worry about your own azz, than being on here talking bad about Mel Gibson and the people that believe in Jesus Christ.
LOL.. Mel Gibson..the Jesus Freak (as you call him) was bless by God "BIG TIME" for making that movie, while the dumb ass people that have their head up their azzes didn't want to invest in his movie.
Mel put his own money in that movie, and God gave it back to him, with a lot more to spare too.
..but if you guys want to have your head up your azz, make a jackass out of yourself, and live in darkness all you life...so be it. I guess that is why they call it Heaven. No more putting up with azzhole people.
start wiht yoruslef like telling that oyu are nto the father

after, i might beleive you.
I love you Mel

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Olympe, are you asking Mel Gibson to say he isn't the father or me? LOL

I can say I am not the father, and I can say I am not the mother too. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

ya whatever

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 51 of51
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lethal Weapon Discussions

Search the Lethal Weapon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Horror fans can get their scream on this weekend (Mar '13) Mar '13 abc321 3
Mel Gibson: Love him or hate him, but you cana ... (Jan '10) Feb '13 Fan of Mel 60
Exclusive Mel Gibson Interview: A Candid and Ra... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ely 5
Mel Gibson - Mel Gibson Rules Out Lethal Weapon 5 (Aug '12) Aug '12 Mel Gibson Fan 2
Where next for Mel Gibson? (May '12) May '12 Katie 1
Actor Gary Busey files for bankruptcy in US (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ron 1
Mel follows up with `wetback' rant (Jul '10) Dec '11 LOL 105
•••
•••
•••