Mel Gibson is back

Mel Gibson is back

There are 6 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Mel Gibson is back. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Mel Gibson in "Edge of Darkness" The last time Mel Gibson starred in a movie, he was grappling with alien invaders and a misplaced faith in the sci-fi thriller "Signs." That was seven and a half years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Henrich H

Woodland Hills, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2010
Mel baby you are back in ze fold, ya Jews cannot keep yu down on da farm......But even here in da faderland ve no vhen u are drinkin 2 much of da schnoops u vill zpeak da truth....come on her Gibby, ve have a bund meeting dat u can komma ze to....
Nazi Hunter

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Mel G. is a big ole Anti-Semite. Crazy, brain-addled Mel Jew hating Gibson!! He makes me ill.
Jake the Snake

Omaha, NE

#3 Jan 29, 2010
I don't care if its over the top or not. Mel Gibson has mastered gritty realism twice now between Braveheart and Apocalypto and captured a significant audience that isn't necessarily out for horror. He is a professional director that has influenced and mastered violent and realistic drama. Apocalypto was quite an extraordinary film, one that spoke to the very basic rules of survival amongst a rudimentary society. I couldn't watch it twice, it hit me square in the jaw with realism and objectivity. It wasn't insensitive towards 'native' beliefs or practices. Human sacrifices and realism were part of the realism(I couldn't have done a better job at revealing the more painful truths amid the brutality of life... It felt brutally realistic within an everyday, thick-skinned master or be-mastered society.
I don't doo friendships half-assed. I can't talk towards what the Aztecs did or who fire bombed in Japan (America was scared about winning - would have they given up otherwise? but I HOPE not...), but I can tell you I was on the edge of my seat and sincerely glad that war is not prominent in our nation anymore (No offense to Gulf war, Iraq or Afghanistan war veterans (there is no excuse for riding around without being able to retaliate (sitting ducks) but you have to admite Nueclear possibliities have limited conflict on major power leve (with all due concern towards our forgotten heros that died to roaside bombs, defusing terrorists is a thankless job.. Gain and loss are too risky. However there is a difference between sabotage (aka suicide bombings) if (Innocent Iraqis - weather its true or not it demonstrate a large amount of self-sacrificial portion of (Arab) citizens or American extras (journalist, government officials, high ranking officials etc... I'm not condemning them a evil or barbarian stereotype, but the minute you left the movie glad you lived in America in the 21st century. And then you paid for their Arlington spaces., because you deserved too. A little must suffer so that a lot may live. Life sucks, then you die.-------Jake
Jake

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Jake the Snake wrote:
I don't care if its over the top or not. Mel Gibson has mastered gritty realism twice now between Braveheart and Apocalypto and captured a significant audience that isn't necessarily out for horror. He is a professional director that has influenced and mastered violent and realistic drama. Apocalypto was quite an extraordinary film, one that spoke to the very basic rules of survival amongst a rudimentary society. I couldn't watch it twice, it hit me square in the jaw with realism and objectivity. It wasn't insensitive towards 'native' beliefs or practices. Human sacrifices and realism were part of the realism(I couldn't have done a better job at revealing the more painful truths amid the brutality of life... It felt brutally realistic within an everyday, thick-skinned master or be-mastered society.
I don't doo friendships half-assed. I can't talk towards what the Aztecs did or who fire bombed in Japan (America was scared about winning - would have they given up otherwise? but I HOPE not...), but I can tell you I was on the edge of my seat and sincerely glad that war is not prominent in our nation anymore (No offense to Gulf war, Iraq or Afghanistan war veterans (there is no excuse for riding around without being able to retaliate (sitting ducks) but you have to admite Nueclear possibliities have limited conflict on major power leve (with all due concern towards our forgotten heros that died to roaside bombs, defusing terrorists is a thankless job.. Gain and loss are too risky. However there is a difference between sabotage (aka suicide bombings) if (Innocent Iraqis - weather its true or not it demonstrate a large amount of self-sacrificial portion of (Arab) citizens or American extras (journalist, government officials, high ranking officials etc... I'm not condemning them a evil or barbarian stereotype, but the minute you left the movie glad you lived in America in the 21st century. And then you paid for their Arlington spaces., because you deserved too. A little must suffer so that a lot may live. Life sucks, then you die.-------Jake
Yadda, yadda, yadda ... Mel's still a douchebag.
KSF

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2010
Notice the three dudes that say his goose is cooked are all Jews. Notice that all of those who choose to work with him, including the much-esteemed Jodie Foster, are not. Food for thought.
Really, his shame is driving drunk. He could have KILLED someone. If he never does that again, I'll consider him reformed.
mel

Glendale, CA

#6 Jan 30, 2010
he's made some great movies...i'm not going stop watching just cause he doesn't kiss jew ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lethal Weapon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar '17 Bob Masters 392
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) Mar '17 Hillary Vomit 35
News Hotel demolition: Colony Plaza Hotel meets its ... (May '09) Oct '14 PPP 24
News Danny Glover supports Unifor (Sep '14) Sep '14 screwed again by ... 1
News Horror fans can get their scream on this weekend (Mar '13) Mar '13 abc321 3
News Mel Gibson: Love him or hate him, but you cana ... (Jan '10) Feb '13 Fan of Mel 60
News Exclusive Mel Gibson Interview: A Candid and Ra... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ely 5
More from around the web